Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Would HIM Praise Himself??  (Read 19992 times)

Human

• Veteran User
Re: Would HIM Praise Himself??
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2009, 06:13:29 PM »

Thank you bredrin for your post, I disagree with much of it, but, I claim to not know all things, One Love same way seen.

surfmon_I

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2009, 09:48:20 AM »

Greetings,  I had to smile these last two days at work, thinking of things as I usually do while doing trim.  I had to smile thinking of the points we come to and how cyclical they are, allow I to explain...
  As children, I can remember the hardest thing to learn was/is patience.  We want what we want and we want it now.  I sometimes can still feel the pull of impatience but know that all things come in their time.
  It was the same way when I first began coming to Nicks to learn.  There was much confliction, but always (well, mostly) raspect.  I shied away from direct questions, seeking the information in the flavor of writers messages.  I can see that Bredren Fiyah still come around but has not posted.  The question is not so much the answers, but the questions which are posed.  In this manner cycles come to mind, for we can see that the questions are similar at the beginning of a journey versus the experience gained as we trod on.
  The smile at work related to the two opposing views of RasHelem and Bredren Human.  How do we reconsile the two extreeme views?, or is it that we each have our own view and it is good enuff for each.  I respect reaching out, it shows strength in character and a willingness to meet ones head on.  But what we do in the meeting is often bring our view and see what comes of the mixture.  Sometimes we are in the company of ones that challange us and cause us to tweek our view and in this we grow.  Other times there is a confliction and we shut down.
  Thinking that I have had both the pleasure and the honor of speaking with Bredren Human, it is amazing what a small planet this has become with our ability to simply have a thought and be able to reach out and connect.  I am equally impressed with Ras Helem and his strength and view, along with the adding of his phone # ( dont be surprised if I give a call, lol )

It brings us to the questions;

What has the growth of Rastafari movement, from the Icents to this day done to influence your life?. 
What is it about this site and the movement that keep us coming back for more?.

I am thinking specifically of Bredren Human when I say that I know that as time goes on (we are in our mid to late 40's)  we may look back at many years of Rastafari culture and its deeper meaning as it has taken hold of us in our youth to this day, and the changes along the way.  I think it is a difficult thing to marginalize Faith.  Dangerous to "quantify" JAH.  WithIn this movement, in the time that has passed since its birth there are many faces to broad message, yet a very specific one that it defend.  Although there is much rigidity, there is also room for freedom.
  I wonder often at the disparity in the difference. 

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2009, 03:34:33 PM »

Very nice and kind post bredrin Surf, I must say it too is an honor and a pleasure to have spoken and continue to speak with each other, you have become a dear friend and will forever remain so, no distance can separate that seen.

I will answer these 2 questions from a personal perspective:
1) What has the growth of Rastafari movement, from the Icents to this day done to influence your life?. 
2) What is it about this site and the movement that keep us coming back for more?.

1) I can't say the growth of the movement has been an influence in my life, to be honest I see the "movement" taking steps backward and at the same time in standstill as well. It seems there may be more people, mainly young people seeking out the "Rastafari Movement" but it's just that, there seeing and repeating and imitating the "Movement" (dreadlocks, smoking herb, speaking Iyaric, etc, etc) instead of truly seeking, reading and implementing truly conscious values and morals from the man himself, Ras Tafari.  The influences that I have gained which are forever in my heart and such great memories and worth wrapping my arms around spiritualy are the real Rasta's that i had the fortune to grow up with, reason heavy with, travel with and attend old shows with. I bought and read everything on His Majesty, but, most importantly His personal writings and books which were my bible for so long which I used for reasoning with my bredrin and sistren rather than the original bible. The influences and understanding came from his books, not from reggae, dreadlocks (although I was dreaded for over 11 years) herb, or anything else really...when I studied his writings, speeches and political moves it surpassed in me whether a burning bush actually spoke, a man walked on water or thousands of Hittites were slaughtered seen.
I came away with something different, how to be humble even in the midst of wealthy people, how to make big decisions with respect to others instead of just myself, how to defend a person or persons from prideful bigots, how to see politics as useful and able to work for the better when done properly, etc, etc.
All these things I learned from reading His Majesties books and the so called "Movement" stayed how it was...reggae shows always the same, spliff's are always a "Rasta" statement, the use of the same verses in the bible being used to represent His Majesty (always disregarding the other ones, cherry picking) wearing red, green and gold, people calling themselves Ras this or Bingy that, etc, etc. This is what the movement was and still in a big way is, few if any Rastas in politics to help others, no real sponsorships of good organization's by Rastafari representatives( cancer research, schooling, education, sustainable living organic cultivation for earth) many of these type of things or ideas get the stink eye by ones claiming to represent the king as pagan, heathen, babylon, not "rasta" culture, etc, etc instead of acting more like his majesty and seeing them as HUMAN needs and HUMAN factors which go beyond the "Rasta na deal wit babylon" type mentality. The "Movement" has forgotten who there King was, instead they focus on whether he was God, Jesus or dead or turned into a cat....forgotten he was a brilliant politician, statesman, Father, Friend to many, leader, a Philanthropist and a soft spoken man who cared not what others faith was or what kind of home you had or what hairstyle you carried. If the "Movement" truly followed and incorporated these traits and qualities from HIM it would not be a "Movement" it would be "A better World" and truly a divine one.

2) This site does not keep me coming back, but, I keep coming back on my own because I wish to reason, share and learn with and from others. I have learned many things...I can be a jerk, I dont know everything, to stop and think before I post my thoughts, patience, respect, love, friendship and most of all and to me the most important is that "each see and percieve life in there own way" and this is wonderful and vigorating and means to me, although this may seem strange, that "Human Collective Counciousness is actually One". I give thanks to Nick for this site and opportunity to meet myself in many different forms...One love to all. 

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2009, 04:06:03 AM »

Ises unto the Most Haile I,

Human this where I-Majesty is different from the other monarchs in the line.  He is the first to open His coronation to the entire world, let alone his country.  All of HIM's predecessors did carry the titles of KOK, EOG & LOJ but none of them could say they were "The Light of the World."  None of them carried the hopes, aspirations and realities of displaced Afreecans globally.  Not even mighty Menelek II could say that John Marcus Garvey or anyone else uttered a single prophecy about Him, in playscript form or anything close.  It was Haile Selassie I that alone fulfilled Revelations 1:7. Meaning it was the Italians that crucified the man Yeshua not the Jews themselves. 2000 years later who goes after the lone remaining uncolonized Afreecan country with hopes of pillaging it for the Ark of the Covenant, to give the Pope some much needed legitamacy? Italy!!!!  There is no mix up, confusion and illusion when it comes to Rastafari as a livity or movement. Haile Selassie I is the Godhead, the Almighty in the flesh of a hue-man.  This is the groundation of Rastafari, anything else is confusion and hyeanas in lion's mane! A dat we say straight!

inHIM

Ras He-lem

• Standard User
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »

[Human this where I-Majesty is different from the other monarchs in the line.  He is the first to open His coronation to the entire world, let alone his country.  All of HIM's predecessors did carry the titles of KOK, EOG & LOJ but none of them could say they were "The Light of the World."  None of them carried the hopes, aspirations and realities of displaced Afreecans globally].  Brother NegusNegustiality.

Ithren I applaud you. I believe people are missing the point related to the message conveyed in the holy scriptures. The holy books teaches us that God is our salvation, our hope of a better world, and our redeemer. Redeemer, holy one, Lord of host, God, Jehovah, Allah, Krisnha, Yahweh, All-seeing, All-knowing, these are all titles; the word itself has a meaning; but the weightier matter is the person worhty to wear these crown. Zachariah 14:9 saids the Lord shall be King over all the earth, and in that day shall there be one Lord and his name One. Like the Ithren NegusNegustiality said Haile Sellassie First (is name One) carried the hopes, aspirations, and realities of displaced Afreecans globally. Historians called Rastafari the Father figure of Africa, but most Africans will forever remember him as the Redeemer of their continent. His Majesty did more than help Africa gained her independence and rid colonial rule, but he also guided and steered the european powers into start doing good for all mankind. He compelled the United Nations to fight poverty, ignorance, and diseases and to end the arms race. Haile Sellassie First was the first to call for total disarmament. He told the world leaders that there are no justification for war. He exhorted the rich countries to assume the responsibility of helping third world countries develop. We can go on and on talking about the good things Rastafari have done (of which I also believe Ithren Human is well aware). After Italy invaded Ethiopia and murdered men, women and child, and even priest and clergymen of the church, burn and destroyed buildings and artifacts and dehumilated the people, His Imperial Majesty upon defeating them and returning to his throne did the unthinkable: he forgave the Italians, released her captives and told them that they could stay in Ethiopia if they which. Historians wrote that Haile Sellassie First was/is the conscience of world. England confessed after world war 2 that should they had listen to His Majesty we would have avoided war. The Italians after the war dethroned and butchered Mousilini and drag him and his wife body in the street. All the members of League of Nations were utterly ashamed, they had abondon the King of Kings. They mocked and jeered the tiny Little Man when he appealed in geneva for justice for his people. Psalms 82 saids God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods. How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah. Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hands of the wicked. They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

These things are real. Thats wha mek rastaman so different we deal with reality. The religious world cannot see these things because they dont believe that God is real. They are too much in love with the miracles of Christ. Only if they knew that Christ heal the sick and give sight to the blind by giving them knowledge and understanding not vodoo. Wake up ma people, the destiny of the world is in our hands. Dont waste time hoping for the sky to bus open with a man look like Micheal Angelo painting come riding on a horse with flying creatures. Doesnt this sound cartoonish? Yet there was a man who have done righteous things and established righteous principle and we all know him Haile Sellassie First. No this is too real right?

All glory to JAH Rastafari to him be honor and praise forIver

Ras He-lem 

surfmon_I

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2009, 09:46:02 AM »

Give Thanks Brethren for the posts.
  Now we see the various formations of where it come from.  We have Brethren that are looking at the same center but see it from different perspectives.
  Human see humanistic approach and reality.
  Ras that come with Ible scripture have faith foundation.
  Negus see the King as Elect and GOD in flesh.

There is no doubt that HIM is father of what has been born.  This Blessed Isciousness is vast and has spread throughout the Globe, as Afreekas Children had been stolen.  It has reaced the shores of many lands and taken root in the heart of the Righteous.  The righteousness that His Majesty represents for ALL Natural people.
  It is only Natural that this movement roll on in effect putting Nature Back on course.  It is something Ones that see where we are headed MUST do if they see it in their minds eye.  It is to replace what has been taken so long ago, and goes on being taken from us as we get deeper and deeper into technology and are removed from our Natural World.

We do not have far to go before the time will come of critical Mass which will cause a flow of Global energy of awareness.  This Awareness is the Heart of Rastafari in putting things straight.

Would HIM praise HIM self?, not without praising each one of us, for we are ALL in this together and HAVE a righteous responsibility to stand up for what is Natural.  We  each are of HIM and have a father IN HIM.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2009, 05:39:21 PM »

To Negus and Ras-he-lem

I give thanks for your posts, it's nice these days to be able to reason together without ones and ones chiming in and bashing everyone and there views, again thanks for your eyesight. I have been around a long time, seen nuff things, read nuff literature old and new, reasoned with many on Ras Tafari and other such great men and through my travels, experience's and personal trials and tribulations along with deep personal meditation i have come to my own personal views of His Majesty, the bible and other such writings...I once saw things as the two of you have expressed about His Majesty and the bible, but, like I say I flow like water and my course has brought me to my understanding of ting's seen, one love to all of you and my bredrin and sistren in Ras Tafari always, it is not always the connections that are important to me, but, what I take away from the Man that means the most, I love His Majesty and he has taught I so much and I have become a better person through all the amazing things I learned from him, this is the most important to I and I. Ite's to you all.

Ras He-lem

• Standard User
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2009, 12:44:52 AM »

Big up and nuff respect to all the brethrens, who have partake in this discussion. We are the beginning of a new generation and consciousness of thought. I would love for us to meet some day in person. There is a lot that needs to be done. I believe that we are the living angels of God, it is the role of the Igels to publish the good news. My hopes is that we as Rastafarians will one day bring the teachings of His Majesty back to the United Nations. Like brother Human saids "I love His Majesty and he has taught I so much and I have become a better person through all the amazing things I learned from him, this is the most important to I and I. Ite's to you all". And like our brother Jesus or Iyesus Christos saids "it is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life" John 6:63. However, because of my love and biblical understanding of Haile Sellassie First I would love for the world to know Him in Spirit and Truth. The Messiah saids that eternal life is to know who is God ( John 17:2-3 and John3:32-34 ). But if all dont know I am settled if they follow His Majesty's principles, we cannot waite for the sky to bus open; we have been looking long enough and still nothing. Like my mother always tell me "you cannot give up surety for uncertainty". Since no one can disagree that the principles and philosophy of King Rastafari are certain this is the race I am determine to run.

One love brethrens
Ras He-lem

rasdan

• Newbie User
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2009, 03:58:09 AM »

TIGHTEN YOUR FAITH ,DON'T BE AFRAID TO SAY HIM IS A PERSON IN FLESH.  THE LORD USE SELASSIE TO BRING HIS PEOPLE BACK TO HIM,REMEMBER WE WERE SLAVES,OUR LAND CONQUER. PUT AWAY THE QUESTION OF SELASSIE, HE WAS A GREAT TEACHER THAT HELPED THE DESCENDANTS OF AFRICAN SLAVE OUT OF SPIRITUAL BRAIN WASH.
Posted on: October 01, 2009, 04:56:25 AM
Quote from: rasdan link=topic=4731. msg75389#msg75389 date=1254369385
TIGHTEN YOUR FAITH ,DON'T BE AFRAID TO SAY HIM IS A PERSON IN FLESH.   THE LORD USE SELASSIE TO BRING HIS PEOPLE BACK TO HIM,REMEMBER WE WERE SLAVES,OUR LAND CONQUER.  PUT AWAY THE QUESTION OF SELASSIE, HE WAS A GREAT TEACHER THAT HELPED THE DESCENDANTS OF AFRICAN SLAVE OUT OF SPIRITUAL BRAIN WASH. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.