News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Ganja.  (Read 2189 times)

Germaine2351

• Germaine
  • Standard User
Ganja.
« on: November 06, 2008, 05:06:31 PM »

I have recently begun studying the Rastafarian faith and i know that a lot of Rastafarian people smoke ganja, but some don't.  Can anybody let me know why the ones that do smoke it do? and why the ones that don't smoke it don't? I cant seem to find why!
Jah bless.

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
Re: Ganja.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 10:18:25 PM »

Personal preference.

I do not, because I believe I am not mature enough, and others do not simply because they choose not to. Personal preference.
Science is knowledge of the exterior. 

Religion is answer to the interior.

"RastafarI is no legend, reality.  Better be wise.  Accept the most high in your life, and refuse mental slavery, no compromise. "  - AlBorosie

Germaine2351

• Germaine
  • Standard User
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 04:01:18 PM »

Thanks very much for your help.  Any chance you could tell me why some people do? It would be greatly appreciated.

Jah bless.

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 05:06:14 PM »

Well, I'll explain as best I can.

Religiously, my interpretation is this: As you no doubt know, Cannabis uplifts. Gets you high. The difference between Ganja and other(Most) drugs is the fact that it's from the nature, natural and not chemical. And the nature is from Jah, I and I father and mother in heaven, created I and I in Imago Dei, who would never hurt I and I. This would mean that ganja is a gift, not a curse, whom we should enjoy(in moderation).

I don't know how to explain any better. Hope it helps.

Blessings.
Science is knowledge of the exterior. 

Religion is answer to the interior.

"RastafarI is no legend, reality.  Better be wise.  Accept the most high in your life, and refuse mental slavery, no compromise. "  - AlBorosie

UKBlaza

• Standard User
  • One World One Love
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 03:38:28 PM »

A Rastafarian friend of mine I used to knock about with didn't smoke herb purely because of health reasons.  He didn't smoke tobacco and seldom drank alcohol unless it was Guiness mixed with Nutrament.  He was on a health thing was all.  He did have a shot bottle filled with Rum and a bud of fresh herb stuffed in it to drink if he felt ill but that was as far as ganja went.  It is a personal thing yeah.

That's about as far as my understanding about that goes.  I only smoke herb if I grow it myself, I won't buy it from the street.  I would rather wait for it to grow if I have to but that's just how I move.  It's all down to who someone is and how they see things I suppose? I am a newb to this site and ain't no expert.

Jah guide

Germaine2351

• Germaine
  • Standard User
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 03:40:45 PM »

thanks for your help.  it is much appreciated.
jah bless.

Julian

• Regular User
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 06:14:31 PM »

I'm intrested why no one has used Bible verses to justify the use of Marijuana?

I interested do not smoke but  from my understanding there are a few verses that can be interpreted as being the use of Ganja.

Genesis 29:
 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat(food).

Genesis 30:
And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Psalms 104:14
He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
I'm sure there are more verses, these are just the ones i know. I don't smoke Marijuana as i don't see the need for any substance, natural or unatural to be close to Yah. I would rather have a clear mind.

Germaine2351

• Germaine
  • Standard User
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 02:05:48 PM »

thank you for all of your help.

peace.

lm123

• Regular User
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 08:13:16 PM »

people smoke ganja to put them in a spiritual state of mind to bring them closer to jah but the ones that dont feel they dont need it

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 08:29:23 PM »

well the reason i smoke herb is it just feels so right
i just feel cleansed every time
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.