Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: WHAT DOES BEING RASTA MEAN? WHAT DO THE I'S THINK IS EXPECTED/ACCEPTED  (Read 6332 times)

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal

Greetings In The Name Of The Most High Jah RasTafari....
While holding a Meds Last night InI asked Iself what does being Rasta mean to InI......RasTafari ah mi heart beat InI blessing, The Truth and the Light, a comfort a Joy and way of Life, Not a hairstyle or reason to bun di sacred herb or a fashion trend of RED GOLD AND GREEN.So InI just wanted to ask "WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE RASTA & WHAT THE I'S ILIEF IS ON WHAT THEY THINK IS EXPECTED AND ACCEPTED OF InI AND ALL I RASTA"

Peace and Love
Empress AliJah
Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

ke

• Veteran User
Re: WHAT DOES BEING RASTA MEAN? WHAT DO THE I'S THINK IS EXPECTED/ACCEPTED
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 08:24:19 PM »

to me it means finding Jah through any way, spreading the knowledge to others, "each one teach one", respect for all living things and uplifting all oppressed people all over the world and chanting down babylon.
seen?...
blessings.
ke
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 08:57:01 PM »

Give thanks Brotha Ke but can InI ask the I what does the I think is expected of himself by the Rasta community?
Love and Raspect
Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 05:29:16 PM »

I believe it is expected to keep ourselves holy in mind, body and spirit.  To keep learning spiritually and uplift those around us.  Keep our focus in HIM, God's spirit and joy will flow..

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 06:04:15 PM »

Greetings in the Name Of The Most High Jah RasTafari

RASTAFARI HAIMANT
[CREED & FOUNDATIONS PRINCIPLES OF RASTAFARI]
InI know and affirm that the Almighty Jah!........RASTAFARI

i    IS HAILE SELASSI King of kings and the Lord of lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe Of Judah Ilect of I-      self and Light of this world; Almighty Almighty without apology, Jah!

ii   RASTAFARI is our Incient Livity, regenerating life immortality.  IAHBINGHI is the Law for the incient     
 Livity, Truth and Right and Peace and Love Ital Justice and Prosperity

iii   MARRAIGE is the carraige for the Family Life- the Hola Trinity in the Husband and the children and the Mothering wife.

iv   CLEANLINESS is Ivineliness, To your gender you must dress. Wear clean clothes on a groomed and clean body, wear them well with Majesty

v   NATURALNESS is Righteousness the dread on your head to the food upon your plate.

vi    ITAL FOOD is natural food. Eat of the earth leave the animals to birth

vii    SIX DAYS WORK and the seventh day for rest. Work and rest to enjoy the best.

viii    ZION is on earth - say is AFRIKA the I Birth

ix      SPIRITUAL AND CULTURAL education is Inity self and also the Nation

xMARCUS, Marcus Mosiah Garvey, The Prophet who came with the great prophecy; RasTafari, Haile Selassie I, God of Ithiopia will save InI One RasTafari, One Righteous Aim and One Destination to prosper our nation; REPATRIATION for REGENERATION

InI just wanted to share this with ALL I's to remind we of the foundation principles of our faith

Thanks and Ises to the Black King Emperor Haile Selassie I  Jah RasTafari  &I & I & ALL I   

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 07:09:36 PM »

I think what is expected is to love one another, keep the I Ital and follow the bibles teachings..
blessings.
ke.

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 08:59:47 PM »

Blessings, Ke and Empress AliJah!  Thank you, these reaffirm that I'm on the right (righteous) path!  I'm here to learn.

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 11:34:36 PM »

Give thanks Brotha Ke & Peace_Loving,
Some times when InI read the posts that get a little heated in reasoning InI heart feel heavy, So InI decided to post this question more for a little groundation than any thing else, Sometimes We lose our way just a little when there is mis-overstanding, And it is not unusual for InI n all I to drift in our personal opinions on Rasta and forget the FOUNDATIONS of OUR FAITH. So InI posted this as much for InI benifit than any thing else.Some times its good to take it back to the FOUNDATIONS to gain a little strength  Raspect, overstanding and knowledge. to reconnect the body, heart and soul both Spiritually and imotionally.
Give thanks
Guidance and Itection
RASTAFARI

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 02:32:19 AM »

To InI Rasta is a profound and unashamed love for the Most I, purity of the mind, body and spirit and a raspect for all of Jah's creatures. There is no fashion to Rasta, no style, no way that a Rasta can be picked out of a crowd to InI, were all Jah's children. When a person says to InI "oh I love the way you dress, I love the rasta style its so cool!" sure it can be a little offensive but I guess we cant expect overstanding from everybody. I have missed the point.. sorry if i did. Jah bless
Peace, Love, Inity

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 12:08:20 PM »

Greetings in the Name Of The Most High Jah RasTafari
Give thanks Maorilion....There is no right or wrong answer or on point or off point. Being Rasta means different things to all a we but we all agree on a few things ONE GOD ONE LOVE ONE AIM ONE INITY, I guess InI just wanted to remind InI in all I that our differences make we individual and beautiful and that The AllMighty Jah made our world so colourful by giving all a we different qualities and parsonalities but placed one thing the same in all ah WE hearts LOVE OF THE ALMIGHTY JAH RASTAFARI.
Peace and Love

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 01:24:14 PM »

Yes, we are all very different and unique but love the ONE TRUE GOD.  What a boring world if we were all the same. :-[

These differences sometimes do cause grief and ego's to come out and that is a very sad thing!  Love one another as Jah has always loved us.  We are all beautiful in HIS sight!  Bless up to those around you!

Peace

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 12:48:02 AM »

seen.. we all love Jah and that's all that matters.
blessing.
ke.

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 04:31:55 AM »

one love Idren! Selassie guide ya all.
Peace, Love, Inity

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 11:55:52 PM »

Greetings in The Name of the Most High JAH RASTAFARI
Blessed and Ivine Love, InI havent been here fi a week or so, and fulljoyed all the posts that InI had missed and the same thoughts kept running through InI  head
 "WHAT DOES BEING RASTA MEAN"
 "AS INDIVIDUALS WHAT IS OUR OVERSTANDING ON WHAT IS EXPECTED"
  """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""IS ACCEPTED"
May be it is just InI but InI feel we are becoming too complaceant and accepting of certain things that actually go against the Teachings of Rasta We appear at times too eager to soothe I's ego instead of sometimes speaking up and speaking out, InI dont mean in a Dis- RASpectful way, but in truth and light, Ramember Father God said We are our Brothers Keeper, we cannot afford to accept things that go against the trod, InI am not posting this to cause dis-harmaony or heated reasoning but as a SoulJah feel the need to bring to light these things, fi all a we to binifit and grow stronger in RasTafari,
Holy Emmanuel I King Selassie I Jah RasTafari without Apology
Peace and Love

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 06:53:34 PM »

well I feel that we should all respect others believes. but just because we RASpect others believes doesn't mean we have to believe in the same thing.. seen?
I think that's what Jah would want us to do seen?
blessings.
ke.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.