Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The sabbath  (Read 3932 times)

xixgrantham19

• Regular User
The sabbath
« on: December 27, 2007, 12:17:05 AM »

greetings! i jus hav one question about the sabbath. see i play football(soccer) and i reali enjoy it. so much that i can say i luv the game. bt all competitive games are on a saturday(sabbath) so duz that mean i hav to quit?

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
Re: The sabbath
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 02:10:16 AM »

No, a spiritual life/path is intended to free you, not create more bondage, as Yesus taught, let love lead your life and if soccer is what you love, why should you not pursue that on a designated Holy-day???
Onelove
Sistren Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 12:03:54 PM »

Ites! I say do not stop playing fotball just because its on sabbath day! If you love it, then keep moving with it. Your not a bad Rasta if you dont do the sabbath, and your not a better one if you do. Its just for your soul and spirit to calm down and dont stress.. take a time to sit down and really study, pray and praise JAH. I say sabbath is a day for yourself to ignore Babylon. Fotball is good fi ya body! Any sport is. So dont stop man! Keep moving with fotball, yes! Blessings!
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

xixgrantham19

• Regular User
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 01:31:36 PM »

i have to say thats the way i feel about it. bt i hav been told by pastors an such that it is wrong. even my family dnt want me2 play. bt i kept going. an at the same time kept on praising jah and giving thanx for the blessings he's given me.

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 01:42:38 PM »

Dont follow what pastors say, follow what your hearts says! Thats the best way brother! Bless!

xixgrantham19

• Regular User
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 02:20:41 PM »

i will do so soldier of jah! i no it will lead me to the truth! thanx for the encouragement! LOVE

moses

• Senior User
  • Blessed The Most I, Forever Loving Jah RastafarI
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 06:16:14 PM »

Best piece of advise + nice point of compliment !

Bless All I an I... Sela :D
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love + If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love = I am nothing. 1 Corinth 13

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 09:58:54 PM »

Yes I, keep trodding to where your heart leads you! Jah love, guidance & bless!
RASTAFARI

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 04:38:29 PM »

Family - I have another sight
If one takes the Bible seriously, then we read that JAH do not like when we "fool around" doing earthly things on the sabbath day. The Sabbath is not a bondage! It is a starting point! With all raspect.
As far as I know, Haile Selassie I kept the sabbath holy, because He was a Coptic christian.
Some of my people actually shut down all electronic devices (as cellphones etc.) and keep away from games, television, sport and so on.
You should not do it because the pastors say it, never! Do it because you read it and feel it.
Sabbath is a day of love, praising of JAH and family get-together - not a burden. That is what so many people has misoverstood in so many years.
Actually also Jesus kept the sabbath holy! He only said that it was not for JAHs sake, but for our sake. Which is very true, because we don't pray for JAH, we pray for humankind. JAH live on without our help.
 We need a day a week to be righteous all over the line.

Raspect Brother Grantham, I am not telling you what to do or think, I am just telling you what I sight and think, because the I ask.
I am a musician here in Denmark I-self, so I have sometimes a hard time keeping it (because most music-gigs is fridays and saturdays and sabbath is from friday night to saturday night.) But the most days I stand tall on the Holy day of the week.
Selah Ites!

xixgrantham19

• Regular User
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 05:25:18 PM »

@rasadam i undestand wat ur saying bt i feel that its thru jah that i can play the game, that i can love the game. so wat better way to give thanx than to use wat jah gave me?

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 10:17:04 PM »

Greetings in The Name of the Most High JAH RASTAFARI
Blessed and Ivine Love , the Sabbath is one of the 10 commandnets "Remember keep Holy the Sabbath Day" We have six days where we can do what iver we choose JAH put it in stone, He asked we to keep the commandments, It is InI parsonal Ilief that we cannot pick and choose which of Jah's commandments to uphold, the Livity is supposed to put Jah above ivery thing, or does that mean until our earthly wants seem as important or more important than living by Jah's instruction...........just a thought
Peace and Love
Empress AliJah
Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 10:34:35 PM »

Selassie I an orthodox Christan

Ethiopian Orthodox church dont keep sabbath
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

xixgrantham19

• Regular User
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 12:08:44 AM »

ok so wat exactly duz 'keep the sabbath day holy' mean to u guys? sum ppl dnt use electricity. is electricity unholy? sum ppl dnt use money. is money unholy?

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 12:13:42 AM »

i dont think we can define a sabbath day

my opinion ask ADAM he will share more light on his opinion
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 12:21:51 AM »

To keep the sabbath holy just use it as a day of rest and reflection on the I's life and use it to truly praise and thank Jah for all the I's blessing. I think to play soccer on the day is fine because it isn't work, relaxes the I and keeps the I healthy. I work six days a week but on the sabbath day I rest and I do what relaxes I and gives I time to truly think, I build, I create. Painting, drawing, making furniture, whatever I feel like on the day. And while I do it I think to Iself all the great gifts that Jah has given I that I have the freedom and ability to create as I do seen?

Just keep on praising Jah bredren, H.I.M will guide the I to the right path!

Jah bless.
Peace, Love, Inity
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.