Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The sabbath  (Read 3925 times)

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
Re: The sabbath
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 01:22:26 AM »

The seventh day of the week, the day commonly known as Saturday, is the Sabbath day of YAHWEH the Almighty God of Israel. It was ordained of God as a day of physical rest for all mankind, and the obligation to observe it arises from
Yahweh's own example
His act of blessing the seventh day
And His explicit command to keep it holy.
The word Sabbath implies rest, peace, tranquillity and refreshment. And who will doubt but that in this turbulent and confused world every soul on earth is in need of spiritual rest and refreshment. Consequently, those who faithfully remember the Sabbath of the Most High and draw apart from the world each weekend to worship Him on His holy day, will receive the spiritual blessings promised in His Holy Word; blessings that will find full scope in the ages to come.
The seventh day Sabbath according to the Bible, was blessed, sanctified and set apart for sacred use by the God of Israel at the creation of the world, and on that memorable occasion it was first observed by the Lord Himself.
(Genesis 2:2-3)

Furthermore, all mankind is required by divine law to keep holy the seventh day of the week. The Sabbath command is one of the Ten Commandments, a law which is not only scheduled to outlast this universe but which every soul on earth is obliged to observe. Therefore as long as heaven and earth shall last, the seventh day of the week is the Sabbath day. Disobedience of Yahweh's law, of which the Sabbath commandment is merely a part, is sin. These unequivocal facts cannot be rejected without serious consequences.
(Exodus 20:8-11, Matthew 5:17-19, 1 John 3:4)

Sabbath desecration is strongly condemned by the true prophets of God and their inspired messages have been recorded in the Scriptures for the benefit of succeeding generations of readers from every nation under heaven. Dare we ignore their warnings?
(Ezekiel 20:19-24, Ezekiel 22:8,26,31, Jeremiah 17:27)

In recognition of the Sabbath commandment Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus Christ) kept holy the seventh day of the week (Saturday) and the Scriptures testify to the fact that it was his custom to do so.
(Luke 4:16)

Like his Master, it was also the custom of the Apostle Paul and his companions to observe the seventh day Sabbath, the day commonly known as Saturday. The disciple were still observing the true Sabbath day some sixteen to twenty years after the resurrection.
(Acts 17:2, Acts 18:4)

In addition to the above, new converts, both Jews and Gentiles alike, regularly attended the synagogue for worship on the Saturday Sabbath, and the fact that interested Gentiles in Antioch requested further instruction of Paul "on the next Sabbath" is irrefutable evidence that no separate Sunday meetings were being held there by those early Christians. In other words, the Gentiles were willing to wait a full week, till the next Saturday, for a meeting. Why? Because they knew that Paul and his companions did not normally meet for divine worship on a Sunday, but would instead be available for discussion again on the next Sabbath. On the next Sabbath (Saturday) almost the whole city arrived for the meeting.
(Acts 13:42-44)

In his prophecy concerning the destruction of Jerusalem, the Master advised his followers to pray that their flight from the city "be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day." This passage is also strong proof that Jesus Christ had absolutely no intention whatsoever of doing away with the Sabbath commandment at the cross. On the contrary it shows his high regard for the Sabbath day in that he advised his followers - who were mostly Jews - to even go to the extent of praying to God about it, that He would make it possible for them to keep the Sabbath day some 40 years after the crucifixion!
(Matthew 24:20)

The Seventh day Sabbath is also the divine Sign which the God of Israel places in the minds of His people. It is Yahweh's Signature which He inscribes on the believer's mind to commemorate his work of creation, sanctification and salvation through Jesus. The Sabbath is, in fact, the eternal memorial token of the perpetual covenant between The Almighty and His Church. What's more, it will continue to be so even in the new heavens and the new earth.
(Exodus 20:12&20, Isaiah 66:22-23)

The Sabbath rest is a token or sample of the divine Rest of God which the Most High is eagerly looking forward to. Many believers are going to be excluded from that divine rest because of their deliberate and persistent disobedience of the Sabbath commandment.
(Psalm 95:10-11, Hebrews 4:9-11)

Students are therefore advised to "Remember the Seventh day to keep it holy." If they do this, they will, according to the divine declaration, feast on the heritage of Jacob and be made welcome in the Holy Mountain of God.
(Isaiah 56:2-7, Isaiah 58:13-14)

In some strange way the Most high values His Sabbath days more than any human mind can appreciate. They are to Him a unique, spiritual treasure of inestimable worth. Try to understand His pleadings in these amazing words:
Ezekiel 20:11-12  "And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.
Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them." 

Note how the Sabbath is given a special place of honour, far above the other statutes and judgements, important as they obviously are. Yahweh's Sabbath is an eternal token of sanctification; the sacred sign that sets the obedient believer apart from all the other peoples of the earth. It is His SIGN, His Signatre on the true believer's mind. We trust that you dear student are not missing out on this vital commandment?

peace and love
Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 09:33:24 AM »

Is working for Jah and having relationship all serious and rule abiding?
perhaps it can be playful, loving and fun.....
I do whatever I feel like doing on a sabbath and I like to make EVERY day a Holy-day
I read the Ible any day of the week, sing thanks and praises any day of the week, try fit in yoga or going down the creek with kids when eva we can fit it in
I try not to do too much "work" kinda stuff on the weekend, relax, study, sing, make cuppas for homeless bruddas, love I kids...tend to health......
I pray any and everyday and meditate momentarily thru the day
I have a toddler, a very lively six year old a nine year old, a 12, 13 15 and 17 yr old to care for day in and day out so when do I get to not be "working" serving and on call?
if I had a church or group to worship with and pray and reason with I would...but the closest I have is a couple of Jehovah Witnesses to bible study with and reason with most Sundays
and a now a studio to try capture some vibes, when I can, between caring for people....
It hasto work and I'm trying to make it work.....If anyone can guide I, I would be grateful to hear suggestions to improve I worship I holy-day....
Give thanks
Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 06:14:05 PM »

Ites Empress AliJah I
The I speaks the biblical truth - and Iman agree with the I.
It is just a question of belief in the Bible.
For example for I-self I sight the Bible as 80-90 & true.
I guess that some people in here only accept it as 40-50 % true. (not necessarily a negative sight, just another).
I know these "happyclappers" christians, who sight the Bible as 100% correct, the word of God by JAH - but my problem with that is that we all know that the Bible was written down on paper rolls by humans - people. Not God. Therefore it is not perfect. We can only reason about the amount of truth in these documents.

One thing I think is really important to know, is that The Sabbath day is not from Saturday morning to Saturday night. The sabbath was given to the Israelites & Jews, and these Hebrews counted the days from night to night.
Therefore Sabbath is from Friday sun down to Saturday sun down.
If ones work on the Friday evening, it is just as big a sin, as to work on the Saturday day. :)

Ites Up I I-maly.
JAH blessings.

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 07:12:14 PM »

Blessed Love Brotha Ras Adam, InI would agree InI keep the Sabbath from Friday till Saturday as it was set to be, There is always going to be different arguments/reasoning on the Validity of the Bible in strength and the necessity or non -necessity of keeping the Sabbath, But InI ilieve the Root of Rastafari has become somewhat side stepped, and InI at times find it difficult to accept certain things wriiten here at nicks becca it is directly in opposition of the root of Rasta, The Livity from we claim seh we is Rasta we need to research Rasta  to find out how and why it come about what it stands for and what it raprasents, There is too much bad feelings at times, when the root of Rasta is cited, and InI ilief is that this is down to ignorance, we need to know the basic foundations of the faith if we iver want to try and overstand each others view,
Peace and Love
Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

Ras Adam

• Senior User
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 11:06:11 PM »

Yes I Empress
I agree totally.
Raspect Lioness

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 12:39:46 AM »

Give thanks Iyah,
Knowledge is the key and wisdom is wealth, and we are giving a dis-service when as a faith we keep we mouth on mute leading i's on to the path of DIS-truction,
Peace and Love
RasTafari

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 02:18:18 PM »

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.

Raspect Nyah I

Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Ras Adam

• Senior User
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 06:18:39 PM »

Blessings I
Seriously, wether we overstand the law (Torah) as the law, or as guidance - The Sabbath remains the same - the scriptures remains the same.

Ites.

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 07:28:52 PM »

Greetings in the Name of the Most High Jah RasTafari,
Blessed and Ivine Love
InI could not of said it better,
The truth is the same today as yesterday and will ramain the truth tomorrow as it is the truth, Iternal and Itinuous, never changing altering or weavering just ramaining the same Word, And the Laws ramain the same and should be Rspected and adhered,
Love and Raspect
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.