Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Why Do Rasta Aurgue So Much?  (Read 8174 times)

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
Why Do Rasta Aurgue So Much?
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:31:48 PM »

Why is it that most message boards that claim to be "Rasta reasoning's" turn out to be never ending arguments, Where nothing ever really gets accomplished, and "Rasta" seems to remain in constant disunity?

Perhaps its not really Rasta at all, just people over the Internet sticking their nose where it doesn't belong...
The three most "provocative" causes for contention that I have observed in the On line Rasta Community are this:

#1-  Jesus Christ/Christianity/His Majesties Divinity. 

#2-  Race or Ethnicity.

#3- The Jews and Israel.

And on some level the three are one :)

It seems like most public discourse on the Internet turns sour real fast anyway. But I had always thought Rasta was better than that. Perhaps I was wrong. Anyways, Reason on the topics or why it does or doesn't seem to you that Rasta is always having petty arguments, having to start over again so that nothing gets built, or not. 

Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
Re: Why Do Rasta Aurgue So Much?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:19:30 PM »

Greetings Elijah

My observation is that when people with different levels of communication, different personalities, from all different backgrounds come together on one board discussing a passionate topic like religion, then a clash is a given....your right the impersonal nature of the internet does play it's role in creating mis-interpretations too....

But having said that we are all grown folk here and it's up to us to choose a right way and a wrong way to deal with our difference.

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
www. fruitarianfitness. com

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 08:05:42 PM »

yes elijah,

It becomes different when people are no longer reasoning they are Dictating there is the problem ini sight
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:27:56 PM »

The above helps demonstrate the only thing I disagree with in F.O response which is that Iveryone is grown here, He's new so him nah realize that Rasta Nicks got over run by a bunch of pickney who decided they were "rasta teachers" all of a sudden

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 10:33:41 PM »

The above helps demonstrate the only thing I disagree with in F.O response which is that Iveryone is grown here, He's new so him nah realize that Rasta Nicks got over run by a bunch of pickney who decided they were "rasta teachers" all of a sudden

HA,HA,HA, I'm glad you gave me the benefit of the doubt, ha,ha,

Peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 01:57:24 AM »

Rasta teachers? There are no Rasta teachers, there are rastas who teach what they believe in, but that doesnt make them teachers just like that, because "Each one teach one" bredda... My oppinion about why there's such a big ammount of arguments in the forum right now is because there's alot of people with different oppinions, and with different oppinions comes different teachings. And we try to teach eachother what we think is right, meanwhile the opposite side tries to teach what them think is right. I see only positive vibes in different oppinions, aslong as both sides respect the other sides
oppinion, seen? We cannot try to convince or convert, because from that we only get arguments. The thing we can do is listen, and reason. And that does not come from ignoring eachothers point of view, as we have to listen to eachothers views, to reason. Dont you think? So how can we stop this arguing? We can start to respect eachothers views more, without tossing them aside. We can start to look upon eachother with overstanding eyes more then undestanding eyes, see what i mean? Just keep the Irie vibes up and there should be no arguments. Because brethren, we are not dictators, we are Rastas!
Blessings!
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 03:34:35 PM »

Yes another response that helps demonstrate why 'rastas' argue so much. This I wants to play petty little word game that there are rastas who teach but no rasta teachers...come off it.....I had the term in quotations to indicate the way people like him carry themselves. And then he want to come and 'teach' me about it, But this I still talking about 'opposite sides' got nothing to teach Rasta.

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 03:41:22 PM »

Well man, if you think we're arguing now, thats okey with me... But im not arguing, because telling my point of view is not arguing. Everyone has something to teach, because everyone had different experiences in life and different views to tell. Im done in this thread, as i feel its pointless to keep talking. And if we keep talking, it probably would continiue into an argue, and that, none of us wants, yes? So ill just drop this thread. Bless.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 03:55:43 PM »

Your not arguing, your leaving. I said, insisting there are rasta who teach but no rasta teacher's is a good example of why NOTHING gets built. Hypersensitive paranoia maybe. Then you come back and insinuate that I think "we're" arguing but your not.   

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 04:06:18 PM »

Well it looks like this is why Rastas argue so much.....question answered.

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

surfmon_I

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 04:07:56 PM »

Greetings,
Perhaps we should look to the difference of the Warrior and the Shaman to see how and why we argue so much.
The Warrior protects and rages against the threat to the people, living amongst them and holds fast to the principles of faith and culture.
The Shaman lives on the outskirts of society and acts as a intermediary between this world and the spiritual.
They are both vital to the survival of a people for we cannot have one without the other.

When we argue, as Bredren EliJah observantly stated the three most frequent causes, it may be due to the foundational disruption we each perceive rather than to see how they mesh together.
Foundations are the starting points for building, and when we disrupt what we have become comfortable with, which is vital to growth, we must settle before building further up.  Otherwise we all know what happen, instability and insecurity.

The observation of Pickney overrunning the site is natural when the elders exclude themselves.  In this virtual world, the youth take on the cloak of the elder perhaps to test out their metal, so to speak.  We must all remember Humility, and as Elders realize when dealing with youth far more is accomplished with an open hand versus a closed fist.

Many Thanks for this chance to share I thoughts Idren.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 04:32:27 PM »

Elijah I, you answered your own post. People must see thru your eyes to be able to speak of Rasta on here, anything outside of your view is nonsense and they should not be here and this is why YOU argue with them. Your Friend You?Man?

Sufmon well said bredrin.

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 04:44:10 PM »

As we cannot stay narrow minded, we have to respect eachothers views without pushing them aside. I see no point of defending without listening, when we can defend and listen at the same time. When someone is pushing my oppinion aside and just defending, then i stop talking as its of no use. Why waist my thoughts and words if you dont care to even listen? I did not leave Elijah, i simply observed your words. Because sometimes, staying quiet and observing is better then rushing and defending. Why do you push my oppinion aside, instead of asking me why i stand with this oppinion? We cannot always stay on offense or defense, sometimes we have to stay on observation and listening, without speaking out. I simply told my oppinion before, and the response i got was that i was arguing.
Bless.

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 05:14:36 PM »

I don't want to make this the "Elijah I" show but I don't think he is being narrow minded per se, I just think he's defending the integrity of this board and the rasta philosophy that I've read on every Rasta website and video thus far, I think he's a purist and is sticking to his principles, when I see his posts I see where his head is at so his use of words don't matter or offend me.

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 05:20:06 PM »

Yes, but thats all interpretation. You dont think he is narrow minded, i may think that. Ofcourse, we all defend what we believe in. But sometimes we're defending in the wrong way.. sometimes we're more attacking then defending.
As we cant all see out of the eyes of Elijah, we cannot all agree with him. But when someone doesnt agree with me, i dont push them away.. i listen to what they have to say, and try to understand them. Because if we keep pushing away, then how will we ever be able to reason good and listen to others oppinion? If we push away, how are we able to learn from others? Bless.

As you see here, what he wrote to me:

"Yes another response that helps demonstrate why 'rastas' argue so much. This I wants to play petty little word game that there are rastas who teach but no rasta teachers...come off it.....I had the term in quotations to indicate the way people like him carry themselves. And then he want to come and 'teach' me about it, But this I still talking about 'opposite sides' got nothing to teach Rasta."

He is not even talking to me, he is talking to someone else, telling them how im acting. Instead of doing that, why cant he try to explain to me why he doesnt share the same view as me? Because if he did that, then there would be no arguing, would there? Elijah im not trying to teach you, im trying to explain my oppinion.
Bless.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 05:27:05 PM by Soldier of Jah »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.