Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Why Do Rasta Aurgue So Much?  (Read 8175 times)

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
Re: Why Do Rasta Aurgue So Much?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 05:26:10 PM »

Yes, but thats all interpretation. You dont think he is narrow minded, i may think that. Ofcourse, we all defend what we believe in. But sometimes we're defending in the wrong way.. sometimes we're more attacking then defending.
As we cant all see out of the eyes of Elijah, we cannot all agree with him. But when someone doesnt agree with me, i dont push them away.. i listen to what they have to say, and try to understand them. Because if we keep pushing away, then how will we ever be able to reason good and listen to others oppinion? If we push away, how are we able to learn from others? Bless.

But as you have said yourself...a part of Rasta is acceptace, nothing is wrong...we are not the ones to judge...that's between jah and the individual....it's all one love.... even if you don't agree with what's being said...all we can do is take what resonates with us and leave what doesn't and move on with one love for our fellow bredren.....seen!

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
www. fruitarianfitness. com

surfmon_I

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 06:35:49 PM »

Dear Soldier of Jah,
Is it that we want common ground but seek it through a narrow path?, The I have written sometimes we must remain quiet and listen.  Well said, for this is wisdom.
It is of no purpose to but heads with a Bredrin  to gain acceptance, rather to seek the key to his knowledge.  Strength battle strength, yet none is the victor for all who watch see the destruction of both.
If we know what is offensive to another, why try to make them see it is not so?, we must show.
EliJah has brought a great topic, one the is very relevant to the Bredren and Sistren, youth and elder alike.  Let us keep our eyes and minds trained on the good that come out of these views, and not take it personal.  If we do not, the purity of this topic will be diluted into endless back and forth as we have all seen before.
There is much to be learned, and the first thing which must happen is the foundation of what we build on, within ourselves, MUST rise above the SELF.
Warrior on warrior begets only one thing, and I think we are all seeking something quite different.
Blessings Idren.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 08:17:59 PM »

I'm glad that an "argument" seems to have already erupted because it helps me realize even more that the cause for argument is not even really doctrinal issues, but the issue of authority, and peoples needs to feel, Listened to, belonging, respected....etc. I think there is alot race issue's involved as well because of cultural differences in ways to relate, language, respect for elders etc. Perhaps Rasta is a group of leaders. Rasta are not followers by nature. And thats where the order becomes important, Some people have reached "higher" overstandings than others, it would be a "waste of time" for people to constantly bring themself to the "level" of a newbie for example, and its not, even though it may seem like it, a sign of respect. Whats respectfull is to treat people as if they know better than to take things personally, and just speak the truth, Who the cap fits can wear it.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 08:31:21 PM »

I think there is alot race issue's involved as well because of cultural differences in ways to relate, language, respect for elders etc. Perhaps Rasta is a group of leaders. Rasta are not followers by nature. And

I agree with that 100%, I have Maroons in my heritage on my Mothers side and members of our family live up to that to the tee, yes it can be intense to be around us and many people are intimidated by us but we don't mean any harm, we are just warrior people!!!

Peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 09:18:45 PM »

alot of the time we think the other person is arguing with us because we cant hear there voice, so we read it and just because it is a different opinion we go and answer back and then they answer back and so on and so.. seen?
I know I am a guilty of it..
so by saying somthing like "Rastas" argue to much is his opinion and we should respect that. seen?
also I don't think he means Rasta, I think he means "internet Rasta" (a Rasta who is only Rasta when he thinks its "cool"
bless.
ke.
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 09:51:46 PM »

Seen breddas, seen. I think i've misunderstood your meanings Elijah.. As we all see different things in different ways.. You might see something as positive while i see it as negative, and the other way around. Anyway im not here to argue at all. And we're not arguing to eachother either. Very well... As is it hard for me to see it through your eyes, there's not much i can say. We probably have very split views on much. But if you like to tell me your view, ill listen, not necessarily agree, but listen. Blessed, one love.
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

surfmon_I

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 10:37:33 PM »

actually what I man think this topic is about is How are we to stop this and actually share ideas to link up and learn to BUILD something in our own lives and therefore together.
The feeling that we speak on so many Beliefs and Argue about One Path excludes the Humble absorption of others thoughts and therefore we impede our own learning and growth.
If we frame these paths with the way we are currently working thru them, and applying them in our everyday lives, then we can see how this is viewed by others in the "rasta" community.

I put that in parenthesis, because unless we are applying these principles to our Livity, we are posing.  we must be able to share our views and good deeds without fear of fault. Again I say that it would be good to share HOW we apply these tenets of Rastafari, and what we plan on doing in the world with them.

As of yet, I remain ignorant of any Global impact Rastafari culture has emparted, in our time , with the exception of the One Love principal Bob Marley sang of and the spreading of this growing number of Rastafari Idren.  This is where I man would like to see where we are going and what we can work toward.  I know there are works in progress, but it is the Impact of Rastafari Culture, I am wanting to see and have it roll over Babylon.

Strength in numbers
Jah Bless All

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 05:43:35 PM »

Ok folks I was being diplomatic before but now I feel led to speak on a couple of things that are weighing heavy on my heart....

To me the reason why Rastas argue so much is religion and racial dilution of the rasta movement....you've only got to look at every argument on this board to see that it's all about those two subjects...I don't see anybody arguing about ital livity at all and to me that's something that it very critical to this movement because you cannot be a rasta if your six foot under!!!!

So far.... as a newbie trying to find my way through all of this and with my limited experience the way I see it is that there's a lot of conflicting opinions in the rasta movement....there's not much of this "one love' that everybody speaks about...personaly I'm starting to think that this "one love" was just a song by Bob Marley because at one level some say that the rasta movement is a black power movement and all white people are Babylon then you have those that say that if you don't believe the bible scriptures and H.I.M as Jah then your not rasta....it's funny because a lot of Rastas say that the movement is not a religion but they uphold and defend religious a belief system as I see it, like I say I don't see any "one love" at all and as far as the black power stuff, I'm all for the betterment of black people all over the world but I don't believe that anybody is created better than anyone else, people of all colours are capable of and have done horrific things, this black supremacy stuff is no better than the white supremacy junk....and to me deserves no more respect....but what I see that causes the most friction is religion, to me if years from now when all of our time our gone and there's nobody around to tell the story of mankind and someone somewhere finds a book of fiction, without ever knowing us or what that book truly is, do they believe that book to be a book of all our lives, as a true record of what happened to us, when infact for all they know it could mean anything?...to me I don't understand how so much arguing and even death that goes on around the world can be caused over things that none of us can really prove to be true because none of us were alive in those times..... I say this because everybody has there own interpretation of events/scriptures and there's no clarity or one clear vision that everbody can agree on in the Rasta movement or any other religious movement for that matter, to me if God came to earth he/she would have set the world straight on everything so everybody was in no doubt what so ever as to what was going on and to me that in itself would mash down babylon because even babylon would see that God/Jah is on the earth and no man can test!!!!....to me if there's mystery then there's no proof, people have said to me that you gotta follow what's in your heart and only God/Jah can judge you, then does that mean you must trod by yourself and not seek fellowship or that you can only seek fellowship with those that think like you do so you don't get beat down, to me I should be able to go up to any rasta without any fear of judgement and show one love.

I know what I just said is going to offend some people but I gotta tell it as I see it so far because the way things are right now does not encourage new members or make things easy for new members to overstand what's going on.

peace an love

F1
Posted on: December 29, 2007, 05:25:41 pm
I read an artical written by a Rasta and he basically said tha we should all stay with our own kind/colour and he used animals as an example saying tha all abnimals stay with their own kind and I say yes, I totally agree because we are all the same kind regardless of colour, we are all humans, just like you may see two birds, they maybe different colours but they are still birds, seen!....

Peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 08:48:44 PM »

Thats what I like to call the dreadlocked elephant in the room.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2007, 09:24:46 PM »

All it takes is YOU, no need for Selassie, Jesus, Buddha,2,000 year old stories, 10,000 year old stories, egypt, israel or anything that happened yesterday. YOU are your own messiah, king, emperor and any other title you wish. It does not take a belief or faith in anything written to love someone, anyone and everything. It does not take a faith or a title or a symbol to understand right and wrong, good and bad, kindness or assholishness, love and hate. People just want to be a part of something so they can say "hey look at me im better than you, Im...?" instead of REALIZING they are made of EVERYTHING. You are divine, Iam divine, we all are divine and inseperable from the SOURCE whatever name we humans try to give it. People will always argue, deny, accept and conform to stories from long ago past which none of us trully understand because we were not there instead of looking at the now and what is happening today. We all have been given a gift and that is life so live it the way you see fit but don't push your will upon others. One Love...and yes I trully mean One Love because if I dislike you, I dislike a part of myself.

HUMAN

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »

All it takes is YOU, no need for Selassie, Jesus, Buddha,2,000 year old stories, 10,000 year old stories, egypt, israel or anything that happened yesterday. YOU are your own messiah, king, emperor and any other title you wish. It does not take a belief or faith in anything written to love someone, anyone and everything. It does not take a faith or a title or a symbol to understand right and wrong, good and bad, kindness or assholishness, love and hate. People just want to be a part of something so they can say "hey look at me im better than you, Im...?" instead of REALIZING they are made of EVERYTHING. You are divine, Iam divine, we all are divine and inseperable from the SOURCE whatever name we humans try to give it. People will always argue, deny, accept and conform to stories from long ago past which none of us trully understand because we were not there instead of looking at the now and what is happening today. We all have been given a gift and that is life so live it the way you see fit but don't push your will upon others. One Love...and yes I trully mean One Love because if I dislike you, I dislike a part of myself.

HUMAN

One love!!

Peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2007, 09:43:54 PM »

Wise words Human! Blessed love!
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 09:51:49 PM »

Personaly I think you have those that are purists and want to uphold the original concept of the rasta movement and then you have the more relaxed individuals that don't always want to stick to those concepts and the purist feel frustrated because they feel that the movement is getting diluted and losing it's way.

peace an love

F1

FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2007, 09:54:37 PM »

who are you to judge?
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2007, 10:23:57 PM »

who are you to judge?

I'm nobody to judge.... I'm just an outsider looking in and sharing what he see's...the question was posed and I'm just sharing my view on the matter like everybody else.....my view is of no importance at the end of the day because I am not you or anybody else, I am myself and my view only matters to myself and all I can do is share it!...seen!

If you don't agree with my view then who really cares because you are not me and I'm not you!

peace an love

F1
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 10:27:17 PM by The Fruitarian One »
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.