Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Rasta culture or Religion?  (Read 5766 times)

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
Re: Rasta culture or Religion?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 01:00:38 AM »

Yes brother, i will give you an example... Im a vegetarian, and we know vegetarians dont eat meat right? And if you eat meat, your not a vegetarian, yes? But its not like that with Rasta... Because there's always different beliefs, thoughts and oppinions about everything. Everything is acceptable, because nothing is wrong. Everyone have different oppinions, and for the person, thats the right thing to think, yes? So for each person, his or hers oppinion is the right one. In that way, there's nuttin that should be rejected, and everything should be accepted because its our own interpretation. See what i mean?
Bless
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 01:09:26 AM by Soldier of Jah »
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 01:11:27 AM »

Yes brother, i will give you an example... Im a vegetarian, and we know vegetarians dont eat meat right? And if you eat meat, your not a vegetarian, yes? But its not like that with Rasta... Because there's always different beliefs, thoughts and oppinions about everything. Everything is acceptable, because nothing is wrong. Everyone have different oppinions, and for the person, thats the right thing to think, yes? So for each person, his of hers oppinion is the right one. In that way, there's nuttin that should be rejected, and everything should be accepted because its our own interpretation. See what i mean?
Bless

Greetings Bredren

I can totally see where your coming from, I've not seen it explained like that anywhere so that's why I gotta question, so I can get things right in my head, I know what my heart says but i want to also run it by my head too, every rasta website I go to, every rasta info I read I see rasta based religion, I don't see it anywhere that you can make of it what you wish and this is where my confusion stems from because I want to know what I'm getting into.

Plus if everything is accepted because of different opinions why is there so much fussing an arguing/fighting among different Rasta houses and on forums?...I'm not trying to be clever or confrontational, juss questioning.

peace an love

F1

FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
www. fruitarianfitness. com

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 01:16:08 AM »

Hmm... One thing you maybe missunderstood me... You cannot change Rasta how you want it... Every oppinion is accepted, but Rasta cannot be changed. Only your oppinion about Rasta, seen? You cant make Rasta and change it how you wish. Because your not changing Rasta, your changing your oppinion. And why is there so much arguing if everything is accepted? Mainly because people think their oppinion is the best and they want to convince others that, and the others think their oppinion is better. So thats why the 'convincing' / arguing takes part. We should respect and listen to eachother, but not try to convince eachother if the other person has a different view. We can explain what we think, and give good points, but not try to recruit or convince. What i mean with "everything is accepted" is that i mean everything should be respected and not rejected. We cannot reject other oppinions just like that, because then there would only be arguments in Rasta movement, seen? Blessings!
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

moses

• Senior User
  • Blessed The Most I, Forever Loving Jah RastafarI
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 07:46:28 AM »

Not to interupt but i just a go tack my praise,

Moses Idren Bless Beloved, I read tru your ting, and you really coming up lion, the I gonna be osha next year...moses and elijah.....I apricilove your insight and its all true, But see how you say most people, many people....That true too, But If its not every people its not true to me, and when the I starts talking about 'casted beliefs of the ages' I'm ready to speak, u think i dont know people are tired of the BS, But still Iyah, I and I through Haile Selassie are the living true embodiment and testiment to the Ible. So we Defend the Faith Everytime Dread. Come what may. All your saying is fiyah, but you must learn to teach in a way that doesn't dishonor the scriptures and trodition that the emperor represented. Im not saying that you have to believe it, the fact is no one knows, its all debatable, but if you writing about how its *definantly* not literal, or *definantly a myth, then you breaking line with the tribe. Can you not say what your saying while still being open to Orthodox Interpretation? Because if you cant, I would reconsider the whole thing if I was I.  

Ha ha ha Iyah... It is well and okay my bedrin... I can respect what the I represents. Eloquently said, bless mon. Defend ur nation and it ago make the the I Tough tho ;) cheers. :D After a while, it something more calls... I pray the I would keep whichever that comes real. The I would be soured more than ever and that will be multiplication of talents. Sela

Changing tones is the way of a game and Iman give Thanks that the I dont take it personal, it shows the I's  overstanding. Ises !

The deliberate move to dismay scriptures and some of orthodox concept is to shaken other people so that they began to consider some other issues. Sure it is the bomb... But have some boldness as the I have done so to speak for the I's position. Needless to dread; overstand it is being done purposely, thats why the I can see; sometimes InI use them or discard. They are utilitarian... Not rigid substution for consciousness. It is the way InI trigger changes, but only for the ones who have the heart and courage. Religiousness is for the LIONS... And may be, soon to come it ago be more vivid to the people of the authentic path to live up...

InI ago be around for somemore... So InI can still share the beat. Bless it.

Blessed Love,
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love + If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love = I am nothing. 1 Corinth 13

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 03:44:50 PM »

Don trow the baby with the bathwater. I sight U wan make deliberate moves to shake people, but at the expense of the truth?
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

moses

• Senior User
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 05:58:35 AM »

which truth for instance bedrin?
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love + If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love = I am nothing. 1 Corinth 13

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 04:45:32 PM »

In this instance the truth that Jesus Christ literally existed, Which is something one excludes from possibility when teaching that the Bible is corrupted allegory. "casted beliefs of the ages" and so on. In their zeal for reform, people have overlooked the most vital overstanding of all. Which is how JAH designed it. How did dem say? No hoppers can survive this ride? Without an orthodox overstanding the true power of Rastafari's significance is lost. Not that Iveryone got to sight it this way, but they cyaant contradict it, which is how most people carry on, Commoner business.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 04:48:58 PM by ELIJAH I »

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 05:58:19 PM »

Greetings in the Name of the Most High Jah RasTafari
Blessed Love Ites, firstly let InI say that there is still the Livity to uphold that cannot be questioned and must be accepted by all I's who claim to be Rasta, We cannot say that all things are open to interpretation and acceptance becca thats not right, certain things need to be raspected and upheld

RasTafari Haimant
[Creed and Foundation Principles of RasTafari]
I and I know and affirm that the Almighty Jah!......RasTafari
i     IS HAILE SELASSIE I King of kins, and the Lord of lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah,Ilect
      of I-self and the Light of this world Almighty Almighty without apology. Jah!
ii    RASTAFARI is our incient Livity, regenerating Life immortality, IAHBINGHI is the Law for the I'ncient
     Livity, Truth and Right and Peace and Love, Ital Justice and Prosperity.
iii    MARRAIGE is the carraige for the Family life- The Hola Trinity in the Husband and the children and
     the Mothering Wife.
iv   CLEANLINESS is Ivineliness, To your gender you must dress, Wear clean clothes on a groomed
     clean body, wear them well with majesty.
v    Natuarlness is righteousness; the dread on your head to the food upon your plate.
vi    Ital food is natural food, Eat of the earth leave the animals to birth,
vii    SIX DAYS WORK and the seventh day for rest, work and rest to fulljoy the best.
viii   ZION is on earth-say is AFRIKA the I Birth
ix    SPIRITUAL AND CULTURAL education is Inity for self and also the Nation.
x    MARCUS, Marcus Mosiah Garvey. The Prophet who came with the great prophecy; RasTafari Haile Selassie I,God of Ithiopia will save InI One RasTafari, One Righteous Aim and One Destination to prosper our Nation; Repatriation for Regeneration. 
  From InI and all I's  raspect the groundation and foundations of RasTafari we are aiming to achieve the same things One Love with One Aim One Inity, It is quite simple to look for the planks in each others eyes and it proves some what more difficult to ramove the Splinter from we own, No one just becomes Rasta we are Born Rasta, thats why we say AFRIKA THE PLACE OF I BIRTH, with out reasoning and sharing we become stagnant, it is a joy to see so much overstanding shared and racieved on this post,
May the All Mighty Jah Itinue to Watch Over Guide and Itect
RasTafari Liveth!!!!
Love and Raspect
Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 06:24:34 PM »

Greetings in the Name of the Most High Jah RasTafari
Blessed Love Ites, firstly let InI say that there is still the Livity to uphold that cannot be questioned and must be accepted by all I's who claim to be Rasta, We cannot say that all things are open to interpretation and acceptance becca thats not right, certain things need to be raspected and upheld

RasTafari Haimant
[Creed and Foundation Principles of RasTafari]
I and I know and affirm that the Almighty Jah!......RasTafari
i     IS HAILE SELASSIE I King of kins, and the Lord of lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah,Ilect
      of I-self and the Light of this world Almighty Almighty without apology. Jah!
ii    RASTAFARI is our incient Livity, regenerating Life immortality, IAHBINGHI is the Law for the I'ncient
     Livity, Truth and Right and Peace and Love, Ital Justice and Prosperity.
iii    MARRAIGE is the carraige for the Family life- The Hola Trinity in the Husband and the children and
     the Mothering Wife.
iv   CLEANLINESS is Ivineliness, To your gender you must dress, Wear clean clothes on a groomed
     clean body, wear them well with majesty.
v    Natuarlness is righteousness; the dread on your head to the food upon your plate.
vi    Ital food is natural food, Eat of the earth leave the animals to birth,
vii    SIX DAYS WORK and the seventh day for rest, work and rest to fulljoy the best.
viii   ZION is on earth-say is AFRIKA the I Birth
ix    SPIRITUAL AND CULTURAL education is Inity for self and also the Nation.
x    MARCUS, Marcus Mosiah Garvey. The Prophet who came with the great prophecy; RasTafari Haile Selassie I,God of Ithiopia will save InI One RasTafari, One Righteous Aim and One Destination to prosper our Nation; Repatriation for Regeneration. 
  From InI and all I's  raspect the groundation and foundations of RasTafari we are aiming to achieve the same things One Love with One Aim One Inity, It is quite simple to look for the planks in each others eyes and it proves some what more difficult to ramove the Splinter from we own, No one just becomes Rasta we are Born Rasta, thats why we say AFRIKA THE PLACE OF I BIRTH, with out reasoning and sharing we become stagnant, it is a joy to see so much overstanding shared and racieved on this post,
May the All Mighty Jah Itinue to Watch Over Guide and Itect
RasTafari Liveth!!!!
Love and Raspect

Hi Empress AliJah

It would help me greatly if I could reason with you on what you have posted....I hope you can share your insights with me...

Are these guidelines universally known by all rastas or is it just accepted by those that choose to see these guildlines as fact?

You also say that you are born a rasta...I've heard this said many times...

Does that really mean that if you are Black you are born a rasta?...if so what if you are black yet don't believe that H.I.M is God in human form, doeas that mean you are no longer a Rasta all of a sudden?

As I've said before as a blackman I've always felt in my heart I'm a rasta but by rasta rules/religion I'm not....every guideline but one that you just posted is what I've known to be in my heart from birth and that one guildline that I question is believing that H.I.M is God in human form, apart from that my livity and compassion for all creations is probably as good as any rasta I could possibly imagine but religion prevents me from being accepted by my peers, can you shed light on this for me as this is a huge stumbling block for me.

peace an love

F1

« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 06:33:40 PM by The Fruitarian One »
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
www. fruitarianfitness. com

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 12:29:46 AM »

Greetings in The Name Of The Most High Jah RasTafari
Blesed and Ivine Love
It is said that in the Last Days we will have to seperate Our selves from our closest Loved ones turn from our sons and our daughters, Rasta is not a religion but a Ivine conception of the HEART.Some times that means the I must stand alone and accept the calling of the Most High.Yet InI overstand that many are called but few are chosen, Rastafari is not a competition of who can say the most perfect sweet things and show love and affection to all, We are Rebels/SoulJah's/Warriors, InI ilief is it is our duty in Rastafari to erradicate Babylon and its false teachings, Speak up when somethings not right, Be Raspectful yet Righteous, and ramain Conscious Putting Jah above Iverything, He is the begining and the end The Alpha and The Omega, With out Jah we become nothing ramaining stagnant and unpurposeful, We were Irated to suceed in Life, to work hard and overcome In His Name,So that all I's will racieve Iternal Life in Zion, where there is no night a whole new world, so we haffie ramain strong in these times and Keep fighting the Righteous Fight, with out apology7
Peace and Love
Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

moses

• Senior User
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 02:44:17 PM »

May I please ask you to share...

What is your interpretation of following the ways of the heart?....and in what context do you mean that?

I could follow my heart and call myself a Rasta because in my heart the culture is in my heart but would that be right?

peace an love

F1

After a while, have the I noticed anything which practically answers the I?

-Rewind into post #1 & 2. Conteplate how it had all happen around the area concerning opinions and arguing. Will have to post something to clarify how arguements dont lead to a conclusion. Thus the way of the head is a deadlock.

Jah Bless

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 01:56:48 AM »

Moses, In the first sentence or your rasponse you implied that this bredrin was "stepping into the place so that people can tell him about Himself" like him have no Internal Authority, You scared of what I have to say isn't it though? Because an open minded seeker with little ego asking straight questions is right up my alley, but you did want it to be revealed that after all the disraspect and dishonor people show me on this site, they should all be studying under me, My mouth too white to know so much about rasta for most people.

Leon

• Normal User
  • Rasta Man Vibration Positive
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 02:30:38 AM »

As if moses RUSHED to write the first reply, so that ELIJAH could not get the opportunity? I smell jealousy

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 02:42:06 AM »

Moses Idren I hope you overstand what I said more than this one seems to.

Nepsis

• Full User
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 07:57:32 AM »

We are brothers and sisters, good culture supports life as such.

Ras Tafari said "Haimanot yegle now hagar gin yegara now," which means "Religion is private, but country is for all."(source:The Ethiopian Tewahado Church, an Integrally African Church, Archbishop Yesehaq, pg).  Ras Tafari's orthodox church teaches we are a Holy Nation.  This is in distinction to religion.  We render what belongs to caesar to caesar, but these are just things.  We ourselves are citizens of a Holy Nation, the Kingdom.  Ras Tafari law is a reflection of the Kingdom where the image of God is respected in all. 

Ras Tafari offered this culture to all africans through all nations when he visited them, and to all the people in the world through multi-national representational organizations.  No nation that violates this clear governing principle can expect peace in her borders or where she extends herself.

As King, Ras Tafari orthodoxy informs his culture on earth.

Thanks and Respect
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.