Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Rasta culture or Religion?  (Read 5840 times)

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
Rasta culture or Religion?
« on: December 27, 2007, 08:56:04 PM »

I wanna pose a question to you guys...

Do you think that more people desire to be Rasta because they are more concerned with the Rasta culture than the religion?

When I say Rasta culture I'm talking about the betterment of black people, one love and a closeness to nature.

It seems to me that Rasta is a higher form of christianity and relies on a strong belief in Jah...

I would honestly say that as a blackman with Jamaican parents the Rasta culture is and has always been in my heart but as far as the religion part, I have to question that side of it, maybe I'm just an activist at heart and the Rasta culture is the closest lifestyle I can relate to.....

What's your opinion on this!

peace and love

F1

FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
www. fruitarianfitness. com

moses

• Senior User
  • Blessed The Most I, Forever Loving Jah RastafarI
Re: Rasta culture or Religion?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 09:53:51 PM »

Greetings !

Avoid stepping into a place and allow others to tell something about the I (u as a person). Opinions alike. It is not of real use truely, much of it may switch into unnecessary wishful thinking. The platform like these can do much better if can be used to trigger some change among inI. Not really substuting beliefs for beliefs. Thats garbage... Wheather u find it in here or elsewhere. It is trash... And for sure it hurts idren when they hear something that challenges what they have been clinging into is being discredited in certain way. But sometimes it happens that what is being said is more vivid to what one have been clinging to... What to do? Someone better call 911 hahaha... but where? Let that friction cleanse the I. And if love for the living wisdome is there, it will soften InI parts that which are hard... And completely dissolve them if the I wont take it personal too much.

And also what others believe or tend to think is not significant for ur personal transformation. Least it is information, but what for? Food for thought or what? What also u tend perceive as a person is not of any use for I an I. This way is how the I cant attract many unnecessary arguments upon nonetheless, unvital issues.

Be observant to personal perspectives or judgement upon religious issues like talking about rasta seemingly 'a higher form of christianity'. It could be something of ur personal bias... So dont let the self be the key of ur search. It will create barriers to practical wisdom. A self may serve its own selfish ends by harnessing the fruit of conflict to the like. And there is no need for self + other self made of rubbish of dusty knowledge. It could be more pleasant and beatifual if these apparently separate selves should move toward the same center. It is possible, and it is beatiful when we move together toward our home, Zion. Thats where inI literrally say Jah sits at mount Zion; and from there rules all the creation. Now Zion is what InI could be longing for; to have the glimpe of Rasta trod... Exodus: Movement of Jah People. Leaving babylon yard... Going to our father's land, and shim is one of the same, now what is color had to do with? The breath is all and the same that lives in InI. Outer color is a just a color like any color can be. Nations and boundaries are human boundaries and the characteristic of being away from recognition of InI home. That home is the very center; The seat of the Most I... And All.

Therefore Rasta has fundamental characteristic flow of self Emancipation, Freedom and Love. And it is dynamic. If u tend to fixate it; then u may pin it to history... Now that is a wrong way, will take one into the dead end. Yet u can perceive it as a certain quality of living and relating, now this is religiousness. It is no longer fixed thing and it goes deep into the common soul attributes; for InI. And universally the same to the core essence of all religious aspiration, freedom from the boundage.

Now InI found ourselves together in this place because; deep within, we feel the same beat to share the depth of light and feeling that reverberate within. And its easier to get astray with mind tricks wanting to feed on its own world of vain pursuit of knowledge and vanity. Bun It ! DOnt get vexed on them things like. Bob sang something like this in his song 'Stiff Naked Fool'. Contemplate... And loose urself... Let Love and light lead the way. Thats the way of a rasta. We feel Jah, live up... Giving Thanks and Praise, Itinually.

Jah Guide

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love + If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love = I am nothing. 1 Corinth 13

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 10:02:54 PM »

Sorry if I offended anybody or if the question was meaningless as that was not the intention, I'm new and being the way I am I'm gonna ask questions and at the same time question myself which is what one of the intentions of this post was.

Peace an love

F1
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 10:06:32 PM by The Fruitarian One »
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:16:05 PM »

I think sighting Rasta as a "higher form of Chistianity" is true, and I couldn't have said it better myself. There's many people claiming "rasta" based on some of the upfull things you were mentioning but when it comes to the more orthodox scriptural and Iritual sights them back away, but still want to claim rasta. I think its probably jealousy or the need to belong or them just haven't reach the place where they dont need to speculate. Ill tell you this, As a Jew maybe no one was more adverse to Christianity. I risked losing my family and a culture we had resisted for 2000 years, But based on His Majesties word I checked it and it turns out to be true. Its one of the hardest things but if you love and trust JAH then you know he's never going to let you down. What I dont understand is why some people want to go on is if His Majesty wasn't churchical. And in light of the facts cant hold the order. So I sight much truth in Bredrin Moses reasoning but to me its just scattered and orderless, Feel no way F.O If we look to JAH as an example He make things real simple and clear, Murphys Law seen.

Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

moses

• Senior User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 10:17:46 PM »

Yes I .....

More and More Conscious livity is a way of rasta.

...... No confrotation, unless otherwise babylon stumbles upon I an I

^^^^ Feel the base of the subtle impulses within the I; everytime u are to communicate, I-ducate or sharing if it sounds selfish like abort and withdraw from acting.... Wait until the feeling is fine.

It is all well.

Bless Up
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love + If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love = I am nothing. 1 Corinth 13

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 10:21:07 PM »

Ites! I will tell you my oppinion about why Rasta is not a religion... Here it goes!

In all religions in time, there has been killing in Gods name, killing eachother due to different oppinions. Wars, and much like that, because of religions! What is religions really? Its rules made by man to help the society not to be criminals and bad. Faith is a thing connected with JAH. But just because your in a so called 'religion' your not closer to God, are you? Religion doesnt create faith. Faith is a wonderfull and beautiful thing. But religion is just rules for us to keep us good. Say the 10 commandments... Why do you think people follow those 'rules'? Its not because its connected to a religion. Its because its common sense. Not to kill and cheat and things like that, i knew that before knowing of religion! And thats common sense not to run around killing people, isnt it? So faith is a bond to JAH allmighty. And religion is a group of people who has faith. So we dont really need a religion do we? We only need faith. See what i mean brother? Thats why Rasta is not a religion, because we dont have these rules to follow just because its written. We have our own rules, and why do we follow them? Because we see them as the right thing to do! And we might follow rules written in the Bible and such ofcourse, but why do we follow them? Atleast me, i dont follow them because its written, i follow them because they make sense to me and i think its a good and right thing to follow. And also that is why i see the Bible as a guide and not a book of rules! Seen?
That is my oppinion about all this! Keep di fiyah burnin! Bless!
RASTAFARI
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 10:38:41 PM »

I think sighting Rasta as a "higher form of Chistianity" is true, and I couldn't have said it better myself. There's many people claiming "rasta" based on some of the upfull things you were mentioning but when it comes to the more orthodox scriptural and Iritual sights them back away, but still want to claim rasta. I think its probably jealousy or the need to belong or them just haven't reach the place where they dont need to speculate. Ill tell you this, As a Jew maybe no one was more adverse to Christianity. I risked losing my family and a culture we had resisted for 2000 years, But based on His Majesties word I checked it and it turns out to be true. Its one of the hardest things but if you love and trust JAH then you know he's never going to let you down. What I dont understand is why some people want to go on is if His Majesty wasn't churchical. And in light of the facts cant hold the order. So I sight much truth in Bredrin Moses reasoning but to me its just scattered and orderless, Feel no way F.O If we look to JAH as an example He make things real simple and clear, Murphys Law seen.

True tings!!

I don't wanna be one of those people claiming to be rasta but running away from what is at it's core..and from everything I read JAH/religion is the essence of Rasta....so I got to ask questions and question myself and my true intentions, I can't call myself Rasta if I'm olny in it for the culture, just like someone cannot call themselves Fruitarian if they eat meat, this post was a way of working things out in my head and I wanted to share it with y'all...I have to ask myself if I'm really for this path and I don't want to force it on myself just to feel like I belong somewhere.

peace an love

F1
Posted on: December 27, 2007, 10:31:03 pm
Yes I .....

More and More Conscious livity is a way of rasta.

...... No confrotation, unless otherwise babylon stumbles upon I an I

^^^^ Feel the base of the subtle impulses within the I; everytime u are to communicate, I-ducate or sharing if it sounds selfish like abort and withdraw from acting.... Wait until the feeling is fine.

It is all well.

Bless Up

I like you Moses!

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 10:42:59 PM »

One Love Bredrin,
I just want to say that if your wondering, Bredrin Like Moses and Fiyah may be even more advanced than me with the mystics and you should hear dem sights, I don't want you to think I'm trying to discredit the mystic, But that in these times, Give an inch and they take a mile.

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 11:08:55 PM »

Ites! I will tell you my oppinion about why Rasta is not a religion... Here it goes!

In all religions in time, there has been killing in Gods name, killing eachother due to different oppinions. Wars, and much like that, because of religions! What is religions really? Its rules made by man to help the society not to be criminals and bad. Faith is a thing connected with JAH. But just because your in a so called 'religion' your not closer to God, are you? Religion doesnt create faith. Faith is a wonderfull and beautiful thing. But religion is just rules for us to keep us good. Say the 10 commandments... Why do you think people follow those 'rules'? Its not because its connected to a religion. Its because its common sense. Not to kill and cheat and things like that, i knew that before knowing of religion! And thats common sense not to run around killing people, isnt it? So faith is a bond to JAH allmighty. And religion is a group of people who has faith. So we dont really need a religion do we? We only need faith. See what i mean brother? Thats why Rasta is not a religion, because we dont have these rules to follow just because its written. We have our own rules, and why do we follow them? Because we see them as the right thing to do! And we might follow rules written in the Bible and such ofcourse, but why do we follow them? Atleast me, i dont follow them because its written, i follow them because they make sense to me and i think its a good and right thing to follow. And also that is why i see the Bible as a guide and not a book of rules! Seen?
RASTAFARI

Thanks for your input bredren....

From what I've been reading here and on the internet/videos, etc, I personaly think that we can all interpret Religion, Rules, the bible anyway we want but the facts remain that the essence/core of Rasta has always been a belief in Jah and holy scriptures in whatever form that takes, it might be H.I.M or it might be Jesus Christ, it might be the bible or holy piby the choice is yours depending on where your coming from, but either way religion however you wanna interpret or word that is at the core of Rasta.

I personaly believe that the bible is a book of stories collected to be used as a guildeline for community living, having said that not everything in it is for these times or is practical to act out, I may be right or I may be wrong but that's just my opinion.

peace an love

F1
Posted on: December 27, 2007, 10:53:14 pm
One Love Bredrin,
I just want to say that if your wondering, Bredrin Like Moses and Fiyah may be even more advanced than me with the mystics and you should hear dem sights, I don't want you to think I'm trying to discredit the mystic, But that in these times, Give an inch and they take a mile.

Greetings Bredren

If that was for me, I didn't understand it, maybe you wanna PM me.

Peace an love

F1
Posted on: December 27, 2007, 10:55:13 pm
One Love Bredrin,

Oh btw...what's a mystic?

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

moses

• Senior User
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 11:28:51 PM »

Bedrin,

Love

Sometimes time heals issues. Not necessarily everi each one of them.

If the I feel such uneaseness towards the others who the I perceiving to 'think and sight' in a different way then only time may reveal to the I the truth. But the truth to let go... I like to boldly say, even if the I had struggled in a certain way for the certain cause. It doesnt necessary mean the the source itself is flawless. These matters of searching for meaning are not to be taken as a piece of cake and juice. For many people it may mean going into serious trouble, with people, family and even friends. But have going thru a clash of disagreement and secure a personal stronghold of belief or faith is not the last valid and immutable state of truth.

There r many troublesome things people may die for and but the actual fact of all them is partiality... For example... what u have gone thru this life could be a very mini episode in comparison to what u mighty have  undergone tragicly in ur previous lives... It could have been useful for u to broaden ur overstanding of the cumbersome phenomena of life. If the I does not seize sufficient lifeforce(love) to solve and heal the consequences of such a small episode in this life in comparison to many hidden behind the curtain. Do the I think that the I have sufficient faith and love and to let go and hence heal all the I's uneasiness towards the self, others and casted beliefs of the ages? Life had not began when ur were born nor will it end when the I dies. But the secrets can be grasped well if at least u show to be worthy of profound love, courage and a will to let go. Now Iman dont take into consideration if the I is capable of going thru metaphysics of soul on personal base or the scriptures come first. But least I can tell the I is, life may involve many struggles some of them could very ancient recurrence and can not be full grasped if only one life is to be the casestudy. Search for more meaning, and beyond the scriptures...

The spiritual demise of man lies in his despairing to keep on finding the immense healing posibilities that he hold inside of himself. Not even belief of god or g-d is of practical help. For the most part of it. They may retard someone of finding the hidden keys to the inner self which would have directly instill the living scriptures on the temple of man, the temple of god within. And one may easier forsaken this key for the rigid outer system of thought. To Iman, this not a very difficulty thing... Most people who think they are religious tend create boundaries according to how they subscribe to a certain outer religion way. They tend to instill/impose the same system of thought to others, if they succed... They tend to live within the illusion of being correct. And if they fail, it hurts them. Now this is sick part of it... If u tend to feel unease because someone disagree with ur views, then it ur ego which is the cause, and not ur deeper self. And having a separate ego is certainly a dis-easedly case.

To drop that ego is the key to sanity.

There is a subtle door for healing the ego complexition that is Love. Contemplate on 1 Corinthians 13 chapter. if anything thing comes thru; of clarity and help, give thanks. If not wait until the I will learn the mysterious ways of LOVE.

Drop words and divisions and embrace the ways of the heart.

The blissfull people in the rasta movement are those who follows the ways of the heart. But those who live for the head? IT IS HELL... No wonder they turn around and fight one of their own. But there are so many things in between.

Jah Love

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 11:48:10 PM »

Bedrin,

The blissfull people in the rasta movement are those who follows the ways of the heart. But those who live for the head? IT IS HELL... No wonder they turn around and fight one of their own. But there are so many things in between.

Jah Love

May I please ask you to share...

What is your interpretation of following the ways of the heart?....and in what context do you mean that?

I could follow my heart and call myself a Rasta because in my heart the culture is in my heart but would that be right?

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 12:01:36 AM »

Not to interupt but i just a go tack my praise,

Moses Idren Bless Beloved, I read tru your ting, and you really coming up lion, the I gonna be osha next year...moses and elijah.....I apricilove your insight and its all true, But see how you say most people, many people....That true too, But If its not every people its not true to me, and when the I starts talking about 'casted beliefs of the ages' I'm ready to speak, u think i dont know people are tired of the BS, But still Iyah, I and I through Haile Selassie are the living true embodiment and testiment to the Ible. So we Defend the Faith Everytime Dread. Come what may. All your saying is fiyah, but you must learn to teach in a way that doesn't dishonor the scriptures and trodition that the emperor represented. Im not saying that you have to believe it, the fact is no one knows, its all debatable, but if you writing about how its *definantly* not literal, or *definantly a myth, then you breaking line with the tribe. Can you not say what your saying while still being open to Orthodox Interpretation? Because if you cant, I would reconsider the whole thing if I was I.  

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 12:34:30 AM »

RASTAFARI

Greetings Bredren

Truss me I've read your post twice now and I understand where your coming from and I agree with what your saying but from what I've read and everything I've seen on other websites you cannot call yourself Rasta based on a random desire to belong or good intentions, which is why I cannot call myself or become a Rasta because I have doubts about the Jah/scriptures/bible/religion and probably always will even though I do believe there is an unexplainable higher power, but even that isn't grounds to be  Ras Tafari as it is known, but I do know that the Rasta culture is and has always been in my heart strong.

If I'm wrong then I'm open to reasoning....but like I say from all I have read and seen a strong foundation belief in the scripture and in Jah is the essence of the Rasta movement, I think Elijah said it best for me, he said in one post..."You can't call yourself a Christian and not belive in God" and from all I've read that's exactly how I see it, I've not seen anywhere that says otherwise either.

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 12:39:52 AM »

Read the long long personal message i sent to you brother. You will overstand what im talking about then. Who can judge me if im rasta or not? Noone can. Only God. And noone here is God, so noone here can judge me either, seen? I believe in the scriptures in the way i want to believe them, the way i see is right. I believe in God the way i believe in. I follow the scriptures the way i see i should. So noone can tell me im not a rasta... Because i know i am. Bless.
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 12:54:41 AM »

Read the long long personal message i sent to you brother. You will overstand what im talking about then. Who can judge me if im rasta or not? Noone can. Only God. And noone here is God, so noone here can judge me either, seen? I believe in the scriptures in the way i want to believe them, the way i see is right. I believe in God the way i believe in. I follow the scriptures the way i see i should. So noone can tell me im not a rasta... Because i know i am. Bless.

Greetings bredren soj

I think that this would be my approach too because this is what is in my heart too as well as the rasta culture but I still have to question myself to be sure of my intentions plus I know for a fact that that approach would be frowned upon harshly by others and I don't know if that approach would be acceptable in the Rasta movement, maybe others can guide/reason with me on this so as to put me in the right direction, like I say I also view the bible as a book of guidelines for living but I don't know if this approach would be acceptable becauce I know that if someone told me they were fruitarian yet went out and got a burger I'd have suppum to say about it....ha,ha

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.