Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: God, him?  (Read 14770 times)

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
God, him?
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:03:35 AM »

Ites! Me and my friend were talking the other day and we came up with this question... Why is God reffered to as a "he"? I mean, God is allmighty, he doesnt have a gender... He's no man nor woman, he is God. When talking about God we always say "him" though.. Why is that?
God is the father of all and father of Jesus yes, but why specifically a father? I mean, if he is allmighty, he doesnt need to be a father (male) to make virgin Maria pregnant? It probably started in the early ages were men saw themselfs more important then woman. Anyone else know something about this? Bless!
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
Re: God, him?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »

Ites! Me and my friend were talking the other day and we came up with this question... Why is God reffered to as a "he"? I mean, God is allmighty, he doesnt have a gender... He's no man nor woman, he is God. When talking about God we always say "him" though.. Why is that?
God is the father of all and father of Jesus yes, but why specifically a father? I mean, if he is allmighty, he doesnt need to be a father (male) to make virgin Maria pregnant? It probably started in the early ages were men saw themselfs more important then woman. Anyone else know something about this? Bless!

Yes I think that is mostly the reason and whenever I see any spirit or God depicted as a man....I must question the intentions, I feel that that is man-ipulation/weakness on our part as humans because to me if Jah was a man as we know it then there would be no woman everything would be the same....and since there is woman in every creation does that also mean Jah has a woman too?...these are the questions I ask myself.

Peace an love.

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
www. fruitarianfitness. com

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 04:01:57 PM »

Its a good question and I have definite views on the matter. In a Rasta sense G-d is male, Because G-d is HIM Haile Selassie I. That's not to say that G-d isnt female through Empress Menen either which is a more complicated reasoning which makes some people uncomfortable.  Fundamentally I think you need to look at some to the crucial differences between men and women. A Man actively inseminates the passive ground of the feminine. Its an issue of preeminence.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 04:06:40 PM »

Well i dont see Haile Selassie I as God. 12 tribes live up!
God isnt male nor female for me, because God is a higher form then us, he doesnt need a gender. But why do we call God "he / him" then? There isnt a good explanation. It doesnt help me to say that Selassie I was God because i dont see him as God. Its a complicated question, which probably needs a complicated answer. Bless!

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 04:58:32 PM »

Well i dont see Haile Selassie I as God. 12 tribes live up!
God isnt male nor female for me, because God is a higher form then us, he doesnt need a gender. But why do we call God "he / him" then? There isnt a good explanation. It doesnt help me to say that Selassie I was God because i dont see him as God. Its a complicated question, which probably needs a complicated answer. Bless!

Just because you don't see HIM as such doesn't mean that he isn't Mr. "12 tribes" Live up. Which in two sentences you said twice, Chip on your shoulder? You asked the question now you just don't like the answer, People call g-d He because HE is Predominantly MALE!! Deal Wit it!
He doesn't need a gender? What are you talking about? God is both male and female, But at the end of the day the Lion rules the pride. So don't insult Me with your "probably needs a complicated answer" sarcastic ignorance in your wannabe twelve tribes stance.

Posted on: December 30, 2007, 04:49:12 pm
I mean what is it? You want to make jokes now? This is funny to you?
Posted on: December 30, 2007, 04:52:49 pm
I can see thorough ones like this from 5 miles, always want to chat about how "he doesn't see Haile Selassie as g-d" But he's Rasta. Yeah the 12 tribes....yeah right, Tell me do you go by Bro.Asher on Ark I's bumbaclott forum? Cause if so ones need to keep dem eyes out that that missionary fool.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 05:00:51 PM by ELIJAH I »

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 05:00:36 PM »

And aswell just because you see him as God doesnt mean he is. For you he is, for me he isnt. End of that. Yes and as you and Fiyah said, God is female and male as he is in everything, that is true. But he isnt a human man nor a human woman, that was what i ment. And doesnt it need a complicated answer? Every answer is complicated i say, because there is always questions and wonderings about it, and for someone somewhere it is complicated. But the question still remains, why is God he and not she?
For me its a mysterious thing... Elijah, im not here to argue. I asked a question, and i said i dont see Selassie I as God, and as i dont, why should i see God as a him? Im not offending, just wondering. Bless.

Can i ask you a question Elijah... Do you see Bob Marley as a prophet or a very wise person? He was 12 tribes. And im not offending you but you are offending me by saying "wannabe twelve tribes stance" and such. Why cant we just talk without having these argues? This is leading nowhere.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 05:05:57 PM by Soldier of Jah »

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 05:20:09 PM »

Yes for Me He is = Rasta  For you He isnt = NOT Rasta    End of that indeed.

So what you doing here disrupta?
Of course it doesn't need a complicated answer, Because HIM Haile Selassie is God and Man which is pretty simple.
What needs a complicated answer is your question "why should I see Haile Selassie as G-d?" Which you ask out of condescension trying to feed your colonialist vampire soul. No the question doesn't remain, Because both Me and Fiyah answered it, but its either too simple of too complicated for your neither warm nor cold mind to take.  He is He, Because of the preeminence of the active masculine principle. And when you get deeper into self realization you will learn that females are just a part of males.

Posted on: December 30, 2007, 05:09:07 pm
Yeah Bob Marley was True twelve tribes like I am True twelve tribes. Not like the "minnions" who say they "Twelve Tribes Rastafari" waiting on Jesus. But foremost Bob was Zion Chief Singer, Not prophet or very wise person. And I and I never going to just talk because this is at the back of both our minds, Its a fundamental disagreement. Why cant we just talk about 'it' and get it out in the open, Hiding something?
Posted on: December 30, 2007, 05:16:48 pm
Fundamental Disagreement. Never been resolved because it would reveal that they wont go where we go. But they still want the crown the same.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 05:22:40 PM by ELIJAH I »

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »

Right now your saying that 12 tribes arent Rastas. Im Rasta whether i think Selassie I was God or not. What does that matter? Everything regarding Rasta is not about Haile Selassie I even... There's so much more in Rasta more then Selassie I. For me he was a divine king, blessed and a holy king. Because he was the last king in the Solomonic line, the 225th king in the line. And he was a conscious and great king. Why are you telling me that if i dont believe in Selassie I as God, im not Rasta? How can you just judge me like that? We talked in some posts to eachother over the net, and allready you can tell im not Rasta by that? Nuh man... Me as much Rasta as you, even if we dont agree with eachother. And your telling me i have a colonialist vampire soul? What vampire soul? No Rasta has no vampire soul.

After GAD said that Haile Selassie I was not God, more people joined 12 tribes. 12 tribes did change then. Man we all think of different things differently, you see 12 tribes in one way, i see it another way.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 05:27:35 PM by Soldier of Jah »

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 05:23:30 PM »

ElijahI=Asshole   end of that indeed.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 05:30:31 PM »

Right now your saying that 12 tribes arent Rastas. Im Rasta whether i think Selassie I was God or not. What does that matter? Everything regarding Rasta is not about Haile Selassie I even... There's so much more in Rasta more then Selassie I. For me he was a divine king, blessed and a holy king. Because he was the last king in the Solomonic line, the 225th king in the line. And he was a conscious and great king. Why are you telling me that if i dont believe in Selassie I as God, im not Rasta? How can you just judge me like that? We talked in some posts to eachother over the net, and allready you can tell im not Rasta by that? Nuh man... Me as much Rasta as you, even if we dont agree with eachother. And your telling me i have a colonialist vampire soul? What vampire soul? No Rasta has no vampire soul.

After GAD said that Haile Selassie I was not God, more people joined 12 tribes. 12 tribes did change then. Man we all think of different things differently, you see 12 tribes in one way, i see it another way.

No I'm saying that some people who claim twelve tribes aren't twelve tribes or Rasta. What does it matter? It matter because your entire existence is a front for which your probably a pawn is someone else propganda games. He who says does not know, He who knows does not say. Its your insistance that "your just as rasta as me" I find most suspect of all. Of course Im telling you that if you deny that Selassie is the almighty your not Rasta. Maybe you are, But you just don't realize the truth yet, Im still going to hold you to it for your own good though.

@ Human- People who need to resort to shit like that know they lost before the even say it. I knew this one was a loser from the moment he open his contentious mouth to begin with.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 05:33:02 PM by ELIJAH I »

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 05:32:59 PM »

your still an asshole

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 05:36:57 PM »

Yeah Twelve Tribes changed into a lie after, that is what it changed into. Im sure that followers of "Gad" poured in after that bullshit.You see it in a different way, a way that is false and cause true rasta confusion and contention so that fools can come around and call us assholes because we got something and we not giving it away. Its all love though.

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 05:39:59 PM »

Man you cant change my mind to what you want it to be. You cant change my thoughts, and you have to realise that. You cant change the whole worlds oppinions so that they think like you. You can explain to them why you think as you do, but you cant just change them because you think you have the right to. You have your oppinion, they have theirs, why cant you respect that?
Posted on: December 30, 2007, 05:38:14 pm
If your doing this for my own best as you said, then you wouldnt have called my tribe wannabe, and told me i have a vampire soul. Man your just getting mad at me because i dont think like you do. And that is not good...

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 05:46:52 PM »

I don't want to change you mind, Don't flatter yourself kid. I'm not on a Twelve tribes live up board trying to convince u your a bunch of misrepresentation and wannabes, No. You coming to a RASTAFARI board, and RASTAFARI going to tell you whats up. I cant raspect people who say they're something they're not at someone Else's expense and that what your "organization" is all about, they couldn't stand the fiyah, so they thought "we'll break with truth but try and keep the crown and see if we can pull it of so that the REAL ONES look like them lost and take the glory for ourselves". Your just a kid who got wrapped up in all that nastiness and I'm sorry you have to hear it like this. But its YOU who still lost.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 05:51:47 PM by ELIJAH I »

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 05:54:07 PM »

Man do you think i care if you think im a confused kid? Because i know i aint. I dont care what you say about me because it just bounces off me.. Your just not okey with what other people think. You really would fit as a dictator man... Sorry to tell you this, in this way! Do you care about what i just said or did it bounce off you? Thought so. Same with me, i dont care HOW people judge me, its the fact that they ARE judging me that annoys me. Man you are not the the wisest man in the world, so stop acting like you are. Im neither ofcourse, but from listening to other people, eventually i shall grow wise. But i wont listen to people who forces the information into my brain, or tries to. I listen to those who give me a choice... "Listen or not, believe it, or not.. Your choice". Your not like that, your trying to drive the info into my head, without looking at whats in there allready.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.