Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: God, him?  (Read 14812 times)

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
Re: God, him?
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 06:48:41 PM »

Got your patois out if force for your grand exit huh?
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2007, 06:52:01 PM »

GUYS!!

this subject of JAH male/female has gone way off subject and i think it should end ,,

all it is now is 'who can get the better offensive'

Rasta no deal with this arguing,
it is not rightous it is EGO
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 06:53:29 PM »

Nuh, me just likes patois... And yes it will end now. This minute, this second, now as your reading this.
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 06:57:40 PM »

GUYS!!

this subject of JAH male/female has gone way off subject and i think it should end ,,

all it is now is 'who can get the better offensive'

Rasta no deal with this arguing,
it is not rightous it is EGO

Rootsridge

I'm replying to your dis-respectful "personal message" here as well as to you....as I don't believe in moving in the shadows!

Here's my reply to you refering to my post regarding whites not being rasta...as "utta rubbish"

Don't make the mistake of getting angry at me, look at the facts behind why the rasta movement was founded in the first place...

If it's "utta rubbish" to you then that's cool with me I can accept that, I believe what I believe from the information that I have gathered thus far and that's my right just as it is with you as I take no offence to what you belive in.

I'm at peace with that post so I feel no need to waste time defending it...or feed your anger.

Like I said "don't" get angry with me as you will be wasting your time....look at the facts and deal with what ever issue you feel you need to within yourself....I'm not going to spend all my time in heated debate over on this board when I've got more productive things to do in the real world.

Peace an love

F1
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 07:02:59 PM by The Fruitarian One »
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
www. fruitarianfitness. com

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 07:02:47 PM »

tooo much ego fruit
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 07:06:20 PM »

tooo much ego fruit

Then so be it...that's your interpretation of my character and that's your right as an individual.....

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 07:15:17 PM »

See that's what I'm talking about, These Characters are endless.  They've taken over Nicks and its been Rasta wasteland for years with few exceptions. The arrogance behind it all is SO SO clear. The assumed privilege, these are people who have never been confronted, ask to compromise, or admitted they were wrong. "Who are you to say the white man can be any goda*n thing he says he is?" Sad part is its the same problem in the opposite direct on Ras. Speaks. But truly this is what the Scripture talks about when it says "perfect hatred" lucky for us, these are just some foolish youth, they'll grow out of it when they get there first taste of fiyah and run back to their whiteness, Unforchananlty the damage the distraction is doing right now last forever.

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 07:19:26 PM »

Rootsridge

Here's another public reply to your PM's

what from the last 3days you have been rasta???

great wisdom you have got brother.

Here's your reply from me...

What makes you think I've only been a rasta for 3 days?....what ever happened to "being born rasta" or "rasta being in the heart" all of a sudden,  that statement seems to be givien out when it suits people it seems!!!!...then when they get angry it gets retracted...that shows a childish mind in my opinion....also I never called myself a rasta on this board because I have already accepted that I do not share the same religious beliefs therefore cannot regard myself as Ras Tafari because that's one of the things the Rasta movement is based on, that and black unity!

But I'm gonna be real with you Rootsridge, you may mock me for "being a Rasta" for 3 days and you may have some authority complex over me because you see me as a "newbie" but you must not throw stones at me until you can see how I'm living my live...you must look at my Ital livity, compassion to all creations and what I bring to the table before you mock me....walk in my shoes first!!!!

You can mock my "wisdom" all you want but at the end of the day I'm not you and you are not me....

Peace an love

F1

FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2007, 07:26:59 PM »

Rastafari is a movement of Black people who know Africa as the birthplace of Mankind and the throne of Emperor Haile Selassie I -- a 20th Century Manifestation of God who has lighted our pathway towards righteousness, and is therefore worthy of reverence.

The Rastafari movement grew out of the darkest depression that the descendants of African slaves in Jamaica have ever lived in -- the stink and crumbling shacks of zinc and cardboard that the tattered remnants of humanity built on the rotting garbage of the dreadful Dungle on Kingston's waterfront. Out of this filth and slime arose a sentiment so pure, so without anger, so full of love, the Philosophy of the Rastafari faith. Freedom of Spirit, Freedom from Slavery, and Freedom of Africa, was its cry.

Religions always reflect the social and geographical environment out of which they emerge, and Jamaican Rastafarianism is no exception: for example, the use of marijuana as a sacrament and aid to meditation is logical in a country where a particularly strain of 'herb' grows freely. Emerging out of the island of Jamaica in the later half of this century, the religious/political movement known as Rastafarianism has gained widespread exposure in the Western world.

Rasta, as it is more commonly called, has its roots in the teachings of Jamaican black nationalist Marcus Garvey, who in the 1930s preached a message of black self empowerment, and initiated the "Back to Africa" movement. Which called for all blacks to return to their ancestral home, and more specifically Ethiopia. He taught self reliance "at home and abroad" and advocated a "back to Africa" consciousness, awakening black pride and denouncing the white manís eurocentric woldview, colonial indoctrination that caused blacks to feel shame for their African heritage. "Look to Africa", said Marcus Garvey in 1920, "when a black king shall be crowned, for the day of deliverance is at hand".  the prophecy was fulfilled when in 1930, Ras Tafari, was crowned emperor Haile Selassie 1 of Ethiopia and proclaimed "King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and the conquering lion of the Tribe of Judah". Haile Selassie  a direct descendant of King David, the 225th ruler in an unbroken line of Ethiopian Kings from the time of Solomon and Sheba. He and his followers took great pride in being black and wanted to regain the black heritage that was lost by loosing faith and straying from the holy ways.

Rastafarians live a peaceful life, needing little material possessions and devote much time to contemplating the scriptures. They reject the white man's world, as the new age Babylon of greed and dishonesty. Proud and confident Rastas even though they are humble will stand up for their rights. Rastas let their hair grow natually into dreadlocks, in the image of the lion of Judah. Six out of ten Jamaicans are believed to be Rastafarians or Rastafarian sympathizers. The total following is believed to be over 1000 000 worldwide.  1975 to the present has been the period of the most phenomenal growth for the Rastafarian Movement. This growth is largely attributed to Bob Marley, reggae artist, and the worldwide acceptance of reggae as an avenue of Rastafarian self-expression. Marley became a prophet of Rastafarianism in 1975. The movement spread quickly in the Caribbean and was hugely attractive to the local black youths, many of whom saw it as an extension of their adolescent rebellion from school and parental authority. With it came some undesirable elements, but all true Rastas signify peace and pride and righteousness

Posted on: 30-12-2007, 19:21:40
The name Rastafari, which is derived from Ras, is the title given to Amharic Royalty in Ethiopia and Tafari, which is the pre-coronation name of His Imperial Majesty (HIM) Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia (1898-1975). A severe depression, racism and class discrimination during 1930 was the perfect environment for the rural and poor Jamaicans to embrace a new religion.

This Poverty and disenchantment in the inner cities of Kingston gave way in the early 1930's to the black power movement through Marcus Garvey's "Back To Africa" movement. This movement is what eventually led to the emergence of Rastafari.

In 1930, when Ras Tafari was crowned Emperor Haile Selassie and was given the ancient title given to all Ethiopian Kings " The King of Kings, Lord of Lords, the Conquering Lion of Judah", the prophecy was said to have been fulfilled.

Revelations 5:5 and Ezekiel 28:25 are references used by Rastafarians as proof of the deity of Emperor Haile Selassie. He was seen as the deliverer who would take his people back to their promised land as stated in Ezekiel 28:25. This, however did not happen. Rastafarians compare their exile from Africa via the means of slavery with the Israelites exile to Babylon by King Nebuchadnezzar (2 Chronicles 25). Hence the word Babylon is used for any system that oppresses. There is also a comparison to the Israelites who were enslaved in Egypt before they went to the Promised Land.

Rastafari use references such Revelations 19:16 and 5:2-5 as biblical prophecy to Haile Selassie's deity.

Here are more Bible verses used by Rastafarians to claim the deity of Emperor Haile Selassie as Savior and Messiah: Revelations 22 :16, Ezekiel 30, Epistle to Timothy, Psalms 9, 18, 68, 76, 87:4, Isaiah 9, Revelations 17:14 (a reference used for his return to Ethophia in 1941 from exile).

InI just felt a strong need to post some information on RASTAFARI here on the forum it is not InI words but it shows the Root of Rastafari, which InI ilieve to be important to all Rasta,
Peace and Love

Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2007, 07:32:58 PM »

See that's what I'm talking about, These Characters are endless.  They've taken over Nicks and its been Rasta wasteland for years with few exceptions. The arrogance behind it all is SO SO clear. The assumed privilege, these are people who have never been confronted, ask to compromise, or admitted they were wrong. "Who are you to say the white man can be any goda*n thing he says he is?" Sad part is its the same problem in the opposite direct on Ras. Speaks. But truly this is what the Scripture talks about when it says "perfect hatred" lucky for us, these are just some foolish youth, they'll grow out of it when they get there first taste of fiyah and run back to their whiteness, Unforchananlty the damage the distraction is doing right now last forever.

As I see it, this is a situation where people want to get into the rasta movement regardless of what it stands for and when they meet opposition from the real rastas they kick up a fuss and call you racist.....personaly I don't care about colour but there's certain tings for certain tings and you just gotta accept that, you can't be an athiest and go church at the same time and try chat ya nonsense or it's like a black man trying to join the KKK because it's just not meant for you and your going to cause disruption, yeah some people may try to tolorate you but essentially your going against the order of the movement....I'm not saying this is right and I'm not saying it wrong it is what it is!

peace an love

F1
Posted on: December 30, 2007, 07:29:35 pm
Rastafari is a movement of Black people who know Africa as the birthplace of Mankind and the throne of Emperor Haile Selassie I -- a 20th Century Manifestation of God who has lighted our pathway towards righteousness, and is therefore worthy of reverence.

The Rastafari movement grew out of the darkest depression that the descendants of African slaves in Jamaica have ever lived in -- the stink and crumbling shacks of zinc and cardboard that the tattered remnants of humanity built on the rotting garbage of the dreadful Dungle on Kingston's waterfront. Out of this filth and slime arose a sentiment so pure, so without anger, so full of love, the Philosophy of the Rastafari faith. Freedom of Spirit, Freedom from Slavery, and Freedom of Africa, was its cry.

Religions always reflect the social and geographical environment out of which they emerge, and Jamaican Rastafarianism is no exception: for example, the use of marijuana as a sacrament and aid to meditation is logical in a country where a particularly strain of 'herb' grows freely. Emerging out of the island of Jamaica in the later half of this century, the religious/political movement known as Rastafarianism has gained widespread exposure in the Western world.

Rasta, as it is more commonly called, has its roots in the teachings of Jamaican black nationalist Marcus Garvey, who in the 1930s preached a message of black self empowerment, and initiated the "Back to Africa" movement. Which called for all blacks to return to their ancestral home, and more specifically Ethiopia. He taught self reliance "at home and abroad" and advocated a "back to Africa" consciousness, awakening black pride and denouncing the white manís eurocentric woldview, colonial indoctrination that caused blacks to feel shame for their African heritage. "Look to Africa", said Marcus Garvey in 1920, "when a black king shall be crowned, for the day of deliverance is at hand".  the prophecy was fulfilled when in 1930, Ras Tafari, was crowned emperor Haile Selassie 1 of Ethiopia and proclaimed "King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and the conquering lion of the Tribe of Judah". Haile Selassie  a direct descendant of King David, the 225th ruler in an unbroken line of Ethiopian Kings from the time of Solomon and Sheba. He and his followers took great pride in being black and wanted to regain the black heritage that was lost by loosing faith and straying from the holy ways.

Rastafarians live a peaceful life, needing little material possessions and devote much time to contemplating the scriptures. They reject the white man's world, as the new age Babylon of greed and dishonesty. Proud and confident Rastas even though they are humble will stand up for their rights. Rastas let their hair grow natually into dreadlocks, in the image of the lion of Judah. Six out of ten Jamaicans are believed to be Rastafarians or Rastafarian sympathizers. The total following is believed to be over 1000 000 worldwide.  1975 to the present has been the period of the most phenomenal growth for the Rastafarian Movement. This growth is largely attributed to Bob Marley, reggae artist, and the worldwide acceptance of reggae as an avenue of Rastafarian self-expression. Marley became a prophet of Rastafarianism in 1975. The movement spread quickly in the Caribbean and was hugely attractive to the local black youths, many of whom saw it as an extension of their adolescent rebellion from school and parental authority. With it came some undesirable elements, but all true Rastas signify peace and pride and righteousness

Posted on: 30-12-2007, 19:21:40
The name Rastafari, which is derived from Ras, is the title given to Amharic Royalty in Ethiopia and Tafari, which is the pre-coronation name of His Imperial Majesty (HIM) Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia (1898-1975). A severe depression, racism and class discrimination during 1930 was the perfect environment for the rural and poor Jamaicans to embrace a new religion.

This Poverty and disenchantment in the inner cities of Kingston gave way in the early 1930's to the black power movement through Marcus Garvey's "Back To Africa" movement. This movement is what eventually led to the emergence of Rastafari.

In 1930, when Ras Tafari was crowned Emperor Haile Selassie and was given the ancient title given to all Ethiopian Kings " The King of Kings, Lord of Lords, the Conquering Lion of Judah", the prophecy was said to have been fulfilled.

Revelations 5:5 and Ezekiel 28:25 are references used by Rastafarians as proof of the deity of Emperor Haile Selassie. He was seen as the deliverer who would take his people back to their promised land as stated in Ezekiel 28:25. This, however did not happen. Rastafarians compare their exile from Africa via the means of slavery with the Israelites exile to Babylon by King Nebuchadnezzar (2 Chronicles 25). Hence the word Babylon is used for any system that oppresses. There is also a comparison to the Israelites who were enslaved in Egypt before they went to the Promised Land.

Rastafari use references such Revelations 19:16 and 5:2-5 as biblical prophecy to Haile Selassie's deity.

Here are more Bible verses used by Rastafarians to claim the deity of Emperor Haile Selassie as Savior and Messiah: Revelations 22 :16, Ezekiel 30, Epistle to Timothy, Psalms 9, 18, 68, 76, 87:4, Isaiah 9, Revelations 17:14 (a reference used for his return to Ethophia in 1941 from exile).

InI just felt a strong need to post some information on RASTAFARI here on the forum it is not InI words but it shows the Root of Rastafari, which InI ilieve to be important to all Rasta,
Peace and Love

Thanks for sharing that....

Peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2007, 07:38:16 PM »

Twentieth century activist and Jamaican national Marcus Garvey founded the African Orthodox Church in the nineteen twenties, as an alternative to Established "white" churches. While Garvey's Church was later to become a fully canonical Greek Orthodox Church, he is best remembered for inspiring the Rastafarian movement. Garvey, a political activist who instituted the 'Back to Africa" movement, made speeches prophesizing a Black messiah. Garvey, an orthodox believer, was horrified and disgusted when in 1930 a Jamaican religious movement sprang up around his works, declaring Garvey a prophet, and newly crowned Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie (formerly Ras Tafari Markonnen), the expected messiah. With Selassie's crowning, the movement gained momentum and a name, Rastafari. In 1966, Selassie obliged the faithful with a visit to Jamaica, where he advised believers not to return to Africa until Jamaica had been liberated. Selassie died fourteen years later, leading to widespread disillusion among the faithful. Some believe that Selassie never died, or that he ascended alive into heaven, and that reports of his death were spread to confuse believers. .

Current leader/governing body: Official branches exist in the Carribean, the US, the UK, and Canada.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of Adherents: About 700,000 worldwide.

Clergy: None, individual believers are autonomous.

Requirements to join: Non blacks are discouraged generally, however, there is no official bar to anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Church/temple: None; worship is often by small groups in homes. Gatherings of believers, called Nyahbinghi, usually center around the sharing of the "Chalice," a large ceremonial pipe containing the Rastafarian sacrament, Ganga (Marijuana), a practice likened to the Christian communion ceremony.

Scripture: Rastafarians accept some portions of the Hebrew and Christian bibles- an edited Bible, the "Holy Piby," written in 1913, is often cited as the Rastafarian scripture. The 'Kebra Negast," a book purporting to outline the lineage of kings from Solomon, is also important in establishing the lineage of Emperor Selassie.

Required observances, dietary restrictions: Rastafarians are prohibited from cutting or in any way interfering with the natural growth of their hair, or from using hair products and stylists. Dreadlocks are a natural result of this practice, rather than a cultivated hairstyle.

Rastafarians generally eat only "I-tal" foods- those that are as pure as possible, unpreserved, often but not always raw, and without chemical additives. Rastafarians avoid meat (especially pork), coffee, salt, tobacco, alcohol, and seafood (although small fish are allowed).

Code of Conduct: The Rastafarian code of conduct is generally held to be the Ten commandments as outlined in the Hebrew Penteteuch.

Basic teachings and Beliefs of Rastafarians: Rastafarians avoid what they view as the materialistic and corrupt white culture, which is called "Babylon." Rastafarian theology emphasises individual apprehension of God (called Jah), and one who is "dread," that is, God-fearing, a belief that is referred to theologically as "theosis," or God-becoming. Rastafarians have also adopted a form of the Hindu belief in Avatars, holding that Heile Selassie was the last of four incarnations of God which includes Moses, the Hebrew Prophet Elija, and Jesus. The faithful revere Ganja (marijuana) as a sacrament that aids in the discovery of the "I in I," the true form/will of Jah. Followers are expected to live as pure a lifestyle as possible, avoiding vice an materialistic desires. Among the prophecies is the expected exodus known as "Back to Africa," when Jah will give the signal for Rastafarians toi 'return' to Ethiopia.  there are three sects of Rastafarianism: Bobo Shanti (a seperatist order who ahere to Old Testament law), The Nyahbinghi Order (the oldest sect, named for Queen Nyahbinghi of Uganda), and Twelve Tribes, who believe themselves descendents of the twelve tribes of David.
Holidays and observances: The date of Emperor Selassie's visit to Jamaica in 1966, April 21st, is considered an important holiday, called "Grounation day." Also celebrated is Selassie's birthday, the birthday of Marcus Garvey, and others.

Rastafarian Symbols: The most important symbol is the flag with three bands of red, black, and green, taken from Garvey's back to Africa movement, and the Lion of Judah, the personal emblem of Heile Selassie. The colors on the flag are red, representing the blood of African martyrs, Black, for the skin color of believers, and green, for the color of the Promised Land (Ethiopia) . Other important symbols are the Magen David (often in highly stylized form) and the Christian cross.

Greetings again InI had to post this information fi all I's WE NEED TO OVERSTAND THERE IS A CODE OF LIVITY THAT IS EXPECTED  FOR ALL RASTA'S TO UPHOLD NOT JUST SOME TIMES BUT ALL THE TIME, WE HAVE TO STOP THE ILIEF SYSTEM THAT WITHIN RASTAFARI ANY THING GOES OR IS "LOVED" OR  ACCEPTED ,
Peace and Love
Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2007, 07:48:46 PM »

The other day I found out that I'm related to the Maroons of Jamaica and as much as I instinctivly feel that I'm a Rasta from the depths of my heart, I have to accept that I don't fit the criteria of the rasta movement because of my personal beliefs, so why can't others accept that even though people say that we are all are Africans regardless off colour that the colour of the skin and location in which you reside will always be an issue....you gotta study the roots of the rasta movement!...no offence is intended here, it just is what it is.

peace an love

F1
Posted on: December 30, 2007, 07:45:15 pm
Twentieth century activist and Jamaican national Marcus Garvey founded the African Orthodox Church in the nineteen twenties, as an alternative to Established "white" churches. While Garvey's Church was later to become a fully canonical Greek Orthodox Church, he is best remembered for inspiring the Rastafarian movement. Garvey, a political activist who instituted the 'Back to Africa" movement, made speeches prophesizing a Black messiah. Garvey, an orthodox believer, was horrified and disgusted when in 1930 a Jamaican religious movement sprang up around his works, declaring Garvey a prophet, and newly crowned Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie (formerly Ras Tafari Markonnen), the expected messiah. With Selassie's crowning, the movement gained momentum and a name, Rastafari. In 1966, Selassie obliged the faithful with a visit to Jamaica, where he advised believers not to return to Africa until Jamaica had been liberated. Selassie died fourteen years later, leading to widespread disillusion among the faithful. Some believe that Selassie never died, or that he ascended alive into heaven, and that reports of his death were spread to confuse believers. .

Current leader/governing body: Official branches exist in the Carribean, the US, the UK, and Canada.

Number of Adherents: About 700,000 worldwide.

Clergy: None, individual believers are autonomous.

Requirements to join: Non blacks are discouraged generally, however, there is no official bar to anyone.

Church/temple: None; worship is often by small groups in homes. Gatherings of believers, called Nyahbinghi, usually center around the sharing of the "Chalice," a large ceremonial pipe containing the Rastafarian sacrament, Ganga (Marijuana), a practice likened to the Christian communion ceremony.

Scripture: Rastafarians accept some portions of the Hebrew and Christian bibles- an edited Bible, the "Holy Piby," written in 1913, is often cited as the Rastafarian scripture. The 'Kebra Negast," a book purporting to outline the lineage of kings from Solomon, is also important in establishing the lineage of Emperor Selassie.

Required observances, dietary restrictions: Rastafarians are prohibited from cutting or in any way interfering with the natural growth of their hair, or from using hair products and stylists. Dreadlocks are a natural result of this practice, rather than a cultivated hairstyle.

Rastafarians generally eat only "I-tal" foods- those that are as pure as possible, unpreserved, often but not always raw, and without chemical additives. Rastafarians avoid meat (especially pork), coffee, salt, tobacco, alcohol, and seafood (although small fish are allowed).

Code of Conduct: The Rastafarian code of conduct is generally held to be the Ten commandments as outlined in the Hebrew Penteteuch.

Basic teachings and Beliefs of Rastafarians: Rastafarians avoid what they view as the materialistic and corrupt white culture, which is called "Babylon." Rastafarian theology emphasises individual apprehension of God (called Jah), and one who is "dread," that is, God-fearing, a belief that is referred to theologically as "theosis," or God-becoming. Rastafarians have also adopted a form of the Hindu belief in Avatars, holding that Heile Selassie was the last of four incarnations of God which includes Moses, the Hebrew Prophet Elija, and Jesus. The faithful revere Ganja (marijuana) as a sacrament that aids in the discovery of the "I in I," the true form/will of Jah. Followers are expected to live as pure a lifestyle as possible, avoiding vice an materialistic desires. Among the prophecies is the expected exodus known as "Back to Africa," when Jah will give the signal for Rastafarians toi 'return' to Ethiopia.  there are three sects of Rastafarianism: Bobo Shanti (a seperatist order who ahere to Old Testament law), The Nyahbinghi Order (the oldest sect, named for Queen Nyahbinghi of Uganda), and Twelve Tribes, who believe themselves descendents of the twelve tribes of David.
Holidays and observances: The date of Emperor Selassie's visit to Jamaica in 1966, April 21st, is considered an important holiday, called "Grounation day." Also celebrated is Selassie's birthday, the birthday of Marcus Garvey, and others.

Rastafarian Symbols: The most important symbol is the flag with three bands of red, black, and green, taken from Garvey's back to Africa movement, and the Lion of Judah, the personal emblem of Heile Selassie. The colors on the flag are red, representing the blood of African martyrs, Black, for the skin color of believers, and green, for the color of the Promised Land (Ethiopia) . Other important symbols are the Magen David (often in highly stylized form) and the Christian cross.

Greetings again InI had to post this information fi all I's WE NEED TO OVERSTAND THERE IS A CODE OF LIVITY THAT IS EXPECTED  FOR ALL RASTA'S TO UPHOLD NOT JUST SOME TIMES BUT ALL THE TIME, WE HAVE TO STOP THE ILIEF SYSTEM THAT WITHIN RASTAFARI ANY THING GOES OR IS "LOVED" OR  ACCEPTED ,
Peace and Love

Hey Empress AliJah

Much respect to you and I agree 100% with your reasoning.....

All the info you have posted is what I've been reading on!!!!!!

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2007, 08:12:58 PM »

Greetings in the Name of His Imperial Magesty Emperor Haile Selassie I 1st Jah  RasTafari & I & all I
Give thanks I brotha but InI feel that the truth of Rasta has someway been lost, the very reasons and Principles have been swept away and InI know I wont win any popularity contest fi ravealing the truth, InI will imbrace all conscious and righteous peoples of Iration but InI is a SoulJah and the truth haffi talk we must stop carry water in a basket, InI hold no hate in I heart fi any I who wants to live a life of complete freedom in what way they choose, but Jah said we will racieve this in the New World, so as Rasta we haffie talk up the tings, better to be offended by the truth the light and the way rather than be lead a stray by good intentions, InI am not posting with a view to claim any hyah arcy or tell  any I there way is wrong but shine the Light of the Foundations of Rastafari so all I find some overstanding as to why there is alot of unrest here at Nicks, the Babylonian way is to divide and rule, Thats why the Livity is important as ivery I knows what is accepted and expected, so We as African can stand side by side in Inity with One God One Aim One Inity, and this is going to happen if we are streams running in da wrong direction of the main body of the River,
Peace and Love

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2007, 11:13:20 PM »

What it is is that some people are purely "internet rastas" its something they found out about online and now the "length of time" they been mentally masturbating themselves around mundane facts about...I'm not even sure what there about.....and pretending its "rasta reasoning" is some sort of determinant to ones wisdom, as this 'rootsridge' characters questioning F1 length of involvement tells us.  They must have missed the part about Rastafari being a mystical awakening of the heart, and that few are chosen, But in their white privelage think its ok to come around and teach sh*t they know nothing about, then when someones tells them there wrong, they feel exposed, and start screaming about people "judging them", yEah RASTAFARI JUDGEMENT alright, Fiyah bun!!!

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 12:19:47 AM »

What it is is that some people are purely "internet rastas" its something they found out about online and now the "length of time" they been mentally masturbating themselves around mundane facts about...I'm not even sure what there about.....and pretending its "rasta reasoning" is some sort of determinant to ones wisdom, as this 'rootsridge' characters questioning F1 length of involvement tells us.  They must have missed the part about Rastafari being a mystical awakening of the heart, and that few are chosen, But in their white privelage think its ok to come around and teach sh*t they know nothing about, then when someones tells them there wrong, they feel exposed, and start screaming about people "judging them", yEah RASTAFARI JUDGEMENT alright, Fiyah bun!!!

Ha,ha...I wouldn't put it in those words...ha,ha but I agree and I agree with Empress AliJah too, the philosophies have been pushed under the rug over the years.

As for the "mystical awakening of the heart" thing, I'm going through that for sure, which is why I'm still hanging around here I guess, something spiritual is going on that I can't explain, things happen just when I make up my mind to give up the whole idea, for instance, I sat in the car for 30 mins this morning listening to this guy preach, usually I switch off right away but it seemed so natural to just sit an listen....I don't know what's going on but at least I know I'm not running in head first for other reasons, infact it's the opposite, I'm gonna start calling myself the reluctant Rasta...ha,ha...yeah, if I do this I wanna do it from the heart with certainty.

has anybody else been through this?

peace an love

F1
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 12:21:50 AM by The Fruitarian One »
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.