Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: The Forged Origins of The New Testament  (Read 17448 times)

Human

• Veteran User
Re: The Forged Origins of The New Testament
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2008, 03:01:31 PM »

Yes Fiyah, time and time again Selassie spoke of such unity, never did he use religion as an obstacle or ones view of it. Also never did he use the word pagan to describe someone who did not accept Jesus as the messiah. This mentality is a product of Rome and never a view from Selassie, although some try to put this mentality on Selassie just because he was christian. Conceit is a perfect word for those that try to push this view, far, far from one who claims to represent H.I.M.

Give thanks for the words, at least some here actually read his majesties works.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2008, 03:34:56 PM »

Fiyah, I did not see what the second quote had to do with people of different religions.

You?Man?- I'm still trying to parse through your dribble.  What does "never did use religion as...ones view of it" mean? Secondly how can you say that His Majesty did not use the word pagan to describe people who do not accept Christ when He certainly used the word, and the word is itself defined as "non-christian"?
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »

It means he never saw religion as an obstacle to unity nor did he not accept others because of there difference in views when it came to religion, this is how I should have worded it. Like I said before, post were he used the word pagan to describe non-christian, dont tell me you dont have the time, post it so all can see and i will stand corrected, otherwise your simply putting words in his mouth, also since you seem to use words not for there correct definition and only in how some wish to understand it the word Pagan comes from the word Pagi (etymology of the word) which only meant "rural territory", because when the roman church was killing hundreds of thousands in the name of Jesus Christ those who knew it was a false doctrine and worshiped God in there own right fled to the "rural territories" to worship. When searching for the real understanding of a word dont go to google and look up something, you check the etymology of the word to find the root and then you will see a closer understanding of what the word means.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2008, 03:55:17 PM »

Yes, if you claim He said it. Show a quote.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2008, 06:42:50 PM »

I really don't have the time to go searching through His Majesties many words to show you instances where he used that particular one, Especially since I'm comfortable standing on my own in the use of the word and in telling you that it was part of the Kings vocabulary. Your welcome to disbelieve me. The word pagan in its most orthodox sense means non-jewish/non-christian, and I'm comfortable with any disagreement in that regard as well. I don't want to prevent unity, But each to his vine and fig tree. This is a Rastafari board, Pagans can reason peacefully elsewhere, Here is a site for the teachings of His Imperial Majesty where they are not welcome outside of a learning context. As Fiyah says "Rastafari is for everyone, Not everyone is for Rastafari"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 06:49:21 PM by ELIJAH I »

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2008, 07:50:09 PM »

Fair enough, but i will be here to reason with my bredrin and sistren here as well on certain topics. This sight is called Rasta Nicks and it is for those who speak respectfully of His Majesty which i most certainly do. If Rasta Nick wishes to ban me for my different view than i will most kindly leave with my head held high. You are perfectly capable as well to start your own sight on rastafari and only allow those who sight him as you do whenever you like, until that time we both can still talk about his majesty with respect and love although we may see religious dogma differently. The arguements between us have been fruitless and at times completely un necessary and I dont want to argue any more, I can only hope you feel the same. You have your strong views and I respect that and I have mine, yes we see things differently but so be it in this world. I hope we can both talk respectfully about Selassie on this forum and leave our differences of views as just that, differences. There are many things we dont see I to I about, but, let us start to compliment each other on those things we do and that is our love for Selassie. Peace be unto you.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2008, 08:32:34 PM »

Using a forum designed for the discussion of Rastafarian religion to spread lies against the Christian faith is hatefull and a consciously attempted impedament to the progression of the Rastafari Movement.  It will never be something with which I am agreeable regardless of circumstance. I hope that We can no longer discuss this matter in that you will learn when discussing something turns into the misleading conjecture of propaganda.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:34:27 PM by ELIJAH I »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2008, 10:03:13 PM »

The word pagan in its most orthodox sense means non-jewish/non-christian

Yes, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that.

Using a forum designed for the discussion of Rastafarian religion to spread lies against the Christian faith is hatefull and a consciously attempted impedament to the progression of the Rastafari Movement.

The part where I see people disagree though is what is a lie and where is it. Surely it must be possible to reason about critique without calling all critique lies and propaganda attempts.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2008, 11:05:37 PM »

If I was capitalizing on unu's confusion I would own three websites....
Where's the lie? I think the lie is in saying that Jesus Christ never existed and that Jews are frauds.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2008, 11:25:41 PM »

Seen Fiyah, But I think often you say things that imply if not directly both things I mentioned.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2008, 12:04:38 AM »

Give thanks Fiyah for that, I agree with what you said, there is alot of confusion spread with words of no true meaning.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2008, 12:33:35 AM »

Words with no meaning hmm? Like Snufalupagus? But that is a furry elephant goose looking thing so....

To say for example that "The true Jews are Khemite's" or that "Blacks are the true Jews" implies that the modern Jews and the whole bible is fraudulent. To say that Jesus Christ is an allegorical myth based on the sun implies that Jesus Christ never existed and that Christianity is in many ways a lie. If one says "Rasta are the true Christians" one is implying that all other Christians are somehow false. One can indirectly say or imply many things by saying just one thing. Are you telling me Fiyah that you have never said these sorts of things?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:37:26 AM by ELIJAH I »

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2008, 03:45:35 AM »

I think the lie is in saying that Jesus Christ never existed and that Jews are frauds.

Yes Elijah, I agree with you on that. At least I believe that is A lie. What the lie is that is being pushed is another issue and I think that it is for those who push it to step up and state what it is.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2008, 03:57:35 AM »

Yes Elijah, I agree with you on that. At least I believe that is A lie. What the lie is that is being pushed is another issue and I think that it is for those who push it to step up and state what it is.

I don't know what your talking about and I think you should elaborate. If your so certain there is a "lie" then why do you need those who "push" it to state what it is? As far as I'm concerned the lie that is being "pushed" is the one I mentioned.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2008, 04:09:54 AM »

Yes I, the topic is "The Forged Origins of The New Testament". What I would like to know is in simple terms, is the claim that the whole of the NT is fake or just part of it? Second about the jews, if the whole of the NT is fake wouldn't that be in favor of the jews since they don't read it anyway?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.