Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nyabinghi Prayer  (Read 5810 times)

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
Re: Nyabinghi Prayer
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 12:22:15 AM »

it the same as saying Black Power. Black Power isn't the same as white power because black power represents uplifting blacks so they can overcome oppression and unite against the oppressor (which a lot of the time comes from whites).
bless.
ke.

Brother I've seen black panthers full of hate chanting "black power" and they're talking about blacks being the master race. It seems somewhat unfair to I that a white should have to explain the context in which he means it if he was to say "white power". Perhaps hes just proud of who he is and what his race has achieved? And many whites need uplifting bredren, I've seen many many whites starving in the gutter.
Peace, Love, Inity

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 08:49:51 PM »

@ brotha Maorilion
the Black panthers did NOT hate whites, in fact they had White, Chinese, Native American, Hispanic and many more different members of the Black Panthers. the black panthers were formed to help uplift ALL oppressed people and to put an end to Racism and police brutality. they also opened kitchens for poor people and helped feed thousands of people a day. they did more for the people than our governor ever did.

they chanted black power and power to the people because that's exactly what they were trying to do, they were cleaning up the ghettos and giving back to the community so the youth could have the power and strength they needed to stop corruption. because the cops were NOT doing it so someone had to.
seen?
bless up.
ke.

"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 11:48:05 PM »

@Fiyah

I understand the concept of death to black and white oppresses just the word supremacy has always meant bad to I. And I'm sure that a black man has chanted black supremacy meaning that blacks are better and a white has chanted white power meaning pride in his race. I just wasn't exactly clear on the context. If the I could offer some reading material on the subject I'd greatly appreciate it.

@Ke

Learn something new every day, thanks bredren.
Peace, Love, Inity

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 01:18:32 AM »

@Fiyah

I understand the concept of death to black and white oppresses just the word supremacy has always meant bad to I. And I'm sure that a black man has chanted black supremacy meaning that blacks are better and a white has chanted white power meaning pride in his race. I just wasn't exactly clear on the context. If the I could offer some reading material on the subject I'd greatly appreciate it.

@Ke

Learn something new every day, thanks bredren.

oh no doubt brotha Im sure a black man has chanted black power meaning that blacks are better then others but that isn the type of black power that righteous people demonstrate seen? bless up brotha it is rather confusing for me too, lol, but the I should just follow what Jah tells the I
blessings and guidance to the both of you.
ke.
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.