Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: do i hav to hav dreads  (Read 1312 times)

wademanini

• Normal User
do i hav to hav dreads
« on: January 25, 2009, 05:18:25 PM »

hi i newly rasta and my faith is strong but i don't really want dreadlocks and i was wondering would jah judge me if i continued to cut my hair, i was just wondering are dreadlocks compulsory to the faith.

jah bless

Julian

• Regular User
Re: do i hav to hav dreads
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 06:52:23 PM »

Of course you don't have to have dreads. Dreads come through the Nazarite Vow which is a voluntary vow for those who wish to dedicated themselves to the the most high.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 06:15:49 AM »

It is an outward sign of the commitment to inner truth
to show ones who are forsaking the materialistic values and the "status Quo" that the majority adhere to...
for some, it keeps us strong in our vow to gain the approval of n be in harmony with  the "Inner Kingdom" , the "Far I /Minds eye/Mount Zion Kingdom" rather than the social spheres of SUSciety
still, it is not up to people who hold His Majesties teachments in highest regard to judge or question anothers faith by their appearance or at all, as all are growing and such things are often  in flux and a state of change, day to day......inner growth is often undetectable to the human mind and the naked eye.
To judge by appearance  would be focusing on carnal, materialistic judgementalness rather than looking past appearances at the inner being, heart, soul and mind of a person...which can only be known over a long course of time, unless one is resonating on the spiritual planes, in which case, one is an ascended being and as such, one would be beyond making such judgements based on superficialities such as appearance of hair,dress, gender or any such distinctions....
of course the alternate is equally true, that we express what we are about and who we are by how we adorn our self
above all, one could strive to be authentic and honest about who you are and what feels comfortable and natural for you...
anything else is not you, disregard the impositions of society, whatever social group yah find yahself in, in I view.....
Bless up n Bless all with higher love of an unconditional nature
Sistah Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

OneExodus

• Christafari
  • New User
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 02:24:54 AM »

"Not every dread is a Rasta and not every Rasta is a dread. . . "; "It's not the dread upon your head, but the love inna your heart, that mek ya Rastaman" -Sugar Minott

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.