Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: lord of lords, king of kings, elect of god, conquering lion of the tribe of judah, who decided?  (Read 4211 times)

xixgrantham19

• Regular User

Was jus wondering who gave haile selassie these titles?

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.

I've heard he got it automatically when crowned, as he's in the bloodline of King Solomon. Bless.
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

rootsridge

• Senior User

good question bredda

i will be interested in seeing other peoples responces so i will sit back on this one iyah

nice question

keep trodding rightous
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

xixgrantham19

• Regular User

@soldier of jah. where did u hear that?

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User

Not sure... Someone told me that all the kings in the bloodline of King David are titled with that.. That nuh be true? Bless

xixgrantham19

• Regular User

i dont no. was jus asking where u heard it man.

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User

Ah seen. Hope someone can give us a decent answer, as none of us really knows for sure? Blessings!

xixgrantham19

• Regular User

no doubt. i hope sum1 can help wit this.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com

Brudda Xix.....
has the I looked at youtube for movies about His Majesty?
check it out, I do have a book of History about His Majesty but my dads reading at present and the History is something I could have to look up for the I.....
You Know there is bloodline and politics and His personal story of relationship and destiny,
so its not a simple question for I to answer...
I just suggest a though look all over the internet
so in the end you'll have a really deep understanding of it and you can report back to all of us here
if its a burning question.....
many of us here would be really interested to know more....
Guidance
Sistah Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User

The question i have really, is.. Did all the kings in the bloodline of David, have these titles? Or just Haile Selassie I? I will try to find out. Bless!

xixgrantham19

• Regular User

@nya i wish i could spend time looking it up. bt i connect to the net using my cellfone so i cnt. thats y cum here.
Posted on: January 13, 2008, 03:43:38 pm
@nya i wish i could spend time looking it up. bt i connect to the net using my cellfone so i cnt. thats y cum here.

Haze

• Newbie User
  • "Man is a universe within himself" Bob Marley

greetings every1.  I is new to the forum and I think I might have an answer to the question.  if I overstand correctly H. I. M.  was born Lij Tafari

Makonnen.  The deposition of Iyasu elevated the rank of Tafari to Ras and was made heir.  in the pwr arrangement that followed Tafari

accepted the role of regent.  and became the de facto ruler of the ethiopian Empire. Zewditu crowned HIM negus("king" in amharic) when

Zewditu suddenly died Tafari was made emperor and proclaimed King of Kings of Ethiopia.  Haile Selassie had been the baptismal name given

at his christening as an infant meaning "Power of the Holy Trinity. " Upon his coronation as emperor and in keeping with the traditions of the

Solomonic dynasty that had reigned in highland Ethiopia since 1297, Haile Selassie's throne name and title were joined to the imperial motto,

so that all court documents and seals bore the inscription: "The Lion of the Tribe of Judah has conquered! Haile Selassie I, Elect of God King

of Kings of Ethiopia. " The use of this formula dates to the dynasty's Solomonic origins, as well as to the Christianized throne from the period

of Ezana; all monarchs being required to trace their lineage back to Menelik I, who in the Ethiopian tradition was the offspring of Solomon and

the Queen of Sheba. 

feel free to correct I if I is wrong!!!!

xixgrantham19

• Regular User

@haze so basicaly all the kings in the bloodline of david had those titles?

Queen Ile

@ Nya
What is the title of book the I speaks of?
Interested in the later reign Istory, does it review?

Bless

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com

OK Sistah so the books called HAILE SELASSIE The conquering Lion by Leonard Mosley....its an old book published in 1964, a british book...I've read it twice but I think I need to read it again...alot about how he came to power
not about the later reign as the book is written while HIM still reigning.....
I'll quote the book sleeve...
Leonard Mosley has been wanting to write the biography of His Imperial Majesty ever since he saw Him stand before the bar of the League of Nations in Geneva in 1936 and plead with the great powers not to abandon His small country to the Italian invaders then in process of over-running it. Five years later he was with His Majesty when, in an expedition led by the late Major General Orde Wingate, he crossed the Dinder River from the Sudan and hoisted the Ethiopian flag once more on his native soil.
today, at the age of 72, this brave, shrewd and far-seeing King rules over one of the most important lands in emerging Africa and has an influence and prestige far beyond the frontiers of His spectacularly beautiful mountain kingdom. Haile Selassie has had to face and overcome, both internal and external, and his life has been one of almost unremitting struggle-both to thwart the murderous ambitions of his antagonists and to improve the lot of Hi beloved people.
From his colourful and courageous career, Mr Mosley has written a moving,  sometimes bizarre and often inspiring story of one of the greatest statesmen of our time. It is a success story of a monarch determined to bring the subjects of His remote and romantic feudal kingdom into the twentieth century; of the ruthless and greedy barons who tried to stop him; of the international intrigues to undermine his independance; of the dark plots and bitter setbacks that preceded His apotheosis.
To help him to gather the facts behind this remarkable biography Mr Mosley has had access to many documents which have not hitherto been published, has consulted many experts on Ethiopian affairs, has had the honour of being recieved by the Emperor and His family, and has, of course travelled widely in Ethiopia.
Here is a portrait of a monarch who had to fight every inch of the way to His present title of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie the First, Conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah, Elect of God, Emperor of Ethiopia.

Blessings and Ivine Love
Sistah Nyah
RastafarI Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
Posted on: January 19, 2008, 10:26:26 am
a movie made in 53 or so about Ethiopia and His Majesty
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7402398635800649228
Jah Love forIva
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.