Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Judaism  (Read 1721 times)

White_Rasta2007

Judaism
« on: December 27, 2007, 11:12:54 PM »

I am interested into how much of a bond there is if any between rasta and judaism.  Bless

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
Re: Judaism
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 04:16:52 PM »

Ites Brother
RasTafari is very I-ndividual.
The different mansions of Rasta deal differently with Judaism.
For I I-self, I am not a member of any mansion, because I am 98 % "pure" jew.
I only sight Haile Selassie I as a great leader and as the latest great king in the line of King David which is chosen by the Almighty Adonai I God.
Therefore, for example, some people in here does not accept Iman, as a rasta. Because they think that one must sight Selassie I as either God or Messiah to be a rasta. Some even say that one can only be rasta if he accepts Selassie I as JAH - God.
I I-self go to the synagoge every sabbath and only read the "old" testament and so on.
There you have it      - many, many different sights. I would guess and say that the most would not consider I a "real" rasta because I do not believe in Jesus as Messiah, which is very central in many rastas faith.
I hope you got your question answered.
Ites & Raspect - Guidance for I&I

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 07:50:16 PM »

yes nice ras adam

and yes different houses see judaism differently.

but u haffi think, what is Judaism to rasta man/wombman??

mostly it is the old testament... do we sight this jewish?? iman dont i see it as the old testament. seen?

i think the house that deals with the old testement most is Bobo Ashanti, becuase they observe the sabbath day most.

bless up

ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

Ras Adam

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 06:26:32 PM »

Well, it is a known fact that all abrahamic religions is based on Judaism.
And when I say abrahamic I mean christianity and Islam and all ways and sects in those two.
As a jew, I sight that a real christian should always know that Jesus from Nazareth was NOT a christian in our popular cultures meaning of the word. He was a JEW.
He did not speak about the Holy Trinity - And in I sight I can only say that the historical Jesus, if He was Messiah or not, would hate the big glorious churches around the world, when everyday there is poor people dieing.

And another thing for sure is that the Torah (the books of Moses) and the Tanach (the old testament) is jewish. It was written by Israelites & Jews - who did not sight Jesus. The new testament is a christian document, and the christians use Torah & Tanach as a christian document - but it wasn't originally.

Raspect RootsRidge

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »

of course jesus was a jewthe torah was written well before jesus' time

but as a christain(rasta) i think that jesus ended the jewish religion when he was the messiah.

any christian would say this, but that is just a christain view

seen?
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

Ras Adam

• Senior User
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 11:07:18 PM »

Yes I Brother.
Ites

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 11:20:41 PM »

Bless up,

not according to my stepdad..haha.. he insists Jesus was a white catholic!!! :o ;)

for myself, i am Jewish , Romany gypsy and Ras.. Jewish and Romany by  ancestry, Rastafari in my soul.. the three are entwined in my consciousness, all make up who i am.. if i were not inclined towards my Jewish  or my Romany ancestry through my mother teaching me of my displaced people, i'm not completely certain i would have recognised Ras when it presented itself as my truth... i was pre-disposed when i might not have been if i was purely English .then again, who but Jah can really say for sure?
be blessed
Queen J
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Julian

• Regular User
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »

Yeshua was a Jew he was not a "Christian" I very much have a strong bond with the Jewish people and religion and I believe ti is the closest to Rastafari. I am part Israeli yes but i am not a Jew because my mother is not Jewish. Also remember Rastafari follows many of the teachings taught in the 5 books of Moses like eating Ital is very much similar to eating Kosher!

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.