Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Babylon hijacking colours  (Read 7647 times)

boz :)

• Normal User
Babylon hijacking colours
« on: January 21, 2008, 10:19:07 AM »

Greetings

I is confused, when I walks through the local street market I sees a lot of red, gold and green things with cannabis leaves on that are clearly aimed at stoners.  It saddens I to see Babylon using InI's colours for fashion and to make an easy buck.  Yet at the same time it makes I happy that I can freely see InI's colours in Babylon, it makes I smile to know that I see the colours I see Africa while the stoner simply sees red, gold and green ink.

What do others think when they see InI's colours hijacked by Babylon?

Also on a similar theme, any footballers out there catch the African Cup of Nations match last night? The ball has to be the coolest ball I've ever seen, I know Bob will dig the ball.   :)

Jah Bless

yellow

• Normal User
Re: Babylon hijacking colours
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 11:16:22 AM »

Greetings Bredda :)

Well, I also feel kinda sad when i see a rasta-colored thing with a picture of the herb on it. To me it really sends the wrong message. Sometimes I think of buying it anyway, just to throw it out when I get home. ^^
Especially those small markets in the summer.. they always have those rings with a rasta-colored herb-plant on it.
And I have seen plenty of drawings of Bob Marley, posing just like Che Guevara, u know, in red, white, black colors, and a hat with a star on it.. I don't really know much about Che G. but as far as I know, he has nothing to do with Bob Marley, or Rastafari .
I would never ever wear things like that, not even if I got paid for it.
If i feel like wearing something rasta-colored, I usually make it myself, or I go to a Fair-Trade shop. They have true rasta and African things, and all the money goes to the poor. :)

damian_marley

• Regular User
    • My Bebo
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 12:12:53 AM »

this is a brilliant post, i cudnt agree more! its things like this that now make tennagers my age (15) associate anything with rastafari with smoking weed its just not cool...... they dont understand that its a religion with deep philosophies and teaching, again great post!

peace

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »

it is a steriotyping we.

we get sterio types every day.

so as i do not like seeing Selassie I banner used for a material gain. theydo not no what they are doing.
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

xixgrantham19

• Regular User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 11:22:21 PM »

yes i also think its sad the way the colours are used. many many ppl are easily mislead by it. bt then agen whenever i see the red gold and green it makes me feel proud and free! and i love the AFCON ball! brilliant to see those colour associated with...
Posted on: January 23, 2008, 11:19:45 pm
a game so close to my heart. nw if only we could use that to clue ppl up...

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 08:31:20 AM »

yes yes exactly all good points. I wear the colors on bracelets on both I wrists and on a pendent around I neck, all of which I made Iself. Its the same thing with the stereotyping like when somebody says to I "whats your faith" and I tell em I'm a Rasta they go "oh that's the one where you just sit around and get stoned right?" as if being lazy and stupid is a faith.. It does hurt I though when I see some pretty, prim and permed white boy walk past I with a red, gold, green headband or t shirt on it just amazes I, they're wearing the flag which fights against exactly what they represent! BABYLON!
Peace, Love, Inity

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 04:12:52 PM »

I have never seen Bob as Che- that would make me very sad.

I think that a lot of kids DO know that the colors stand for Africa.
Maybe it will make them think about Rastafari, maybe it will help them remember downpressed people, maybe they will listen to more reggae music.

Who knows- they may even reason with a  Rasta and learn something!!!!

Che Gueverra you'd have to look up and decide for yourself.

He was in tight with Fidel. Started a lot of revolutions.

I don't know his heart. ***shaking my head*** I know he is passed, but we should probably pray for the brother.

Please don't be too hard on the kids- if they get into Yah because they bought a cool shirt- it worked.

It is hard not to feel hijacked though.

God bless.

damian_marley

• Regular User
    • My Bebo
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 05:29:17 PM »

It does hurt I though when I see some pretty, prim and permed white boy walk past I with a red, gold, green headband or t shirt on it just amazes I, they're wearing the flag which fights against exactly what they represent! BABYLON!

Why just whites? Any other ethnicity  is just as guilty of this, for example i have a friend who wears the colours but if you asked him what they represent he wouldn't have a clue, it's sad when any person wears the colours for vanity.

MaoriLion

• Senior User
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 09:02:02 AM »

Why just whites? Any other ethnicity  is just as guilty of this, for example i have a friend who wears the colours but if you asked him what they represent he wouldn't have a clue, it's sad when any person wears the colours for vanity.

Because I've only seen whites doing it!
Peace, Love, Inity

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »

It does hurt I though when I see some pretty, prim and permed white boy walk past I with a red, gold, green headband or t shirt on it just amazes I, they're wearing the flag which fights against exactly what they represent! BABYLON!

You mean judging people based on appearances?

MaoriLion

• Senior User
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 09:28:12 AM »

The appearance of one who clearly denies the scriptures and therefore denies Jah. I have no sympathy and no apologies for these people.
Peace, Love, Inity

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 10:09:10 AM »

If you see these people so much why don't you confront them and teach them a thing or two instead of complaining about it here on the forum? Judging peoples familiarity with scripture based on appearance alone seems prejudice to me.

MaoriLion

• Senior User
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 11:00:26 AM »

Who said I don't confront them? I drop knowledge constantly and reason, be it with people I know or strangers and usually I get I message across. Well their appearance is oposit to the scriptures teaching, they might have memorised every word but dont live by them. Unless drinking, eating junk food and wearing short bleached hair is Ital?
Peace, Love, Inity

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 02:31:04 PM »

Well, it depends on what scripture you follow anyhow. I know of a few that says what you eat doesn't matter. I also know some, including His Majesty, that say not to judge the faith of one another.

Bless

MaoriLion

• Senior User
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 09:25:35 AM »

Well I scripture say this:

"And this is what you shall eat: Every creature with a cleft hoof and the creatures that chew the cud. And those which you shall not eat among those so mentioned are the camel and the hare. The pig you shall not eat, for the hoof is cleft, but they do not chew the cud. Whatever is in the water with fins and scales, you shall eat. Whatever is unclean that which lives in the shell, you shall not eat. You shall not eat things that fly and spring and have six feet, namely grasshoppers and locusts."

And who's faith am I questioning? I'm questioning those who represent Babylon wearing our colors.
Peace, Love, Inity
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.