Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Babylon hijacking colours  (Read 7378 times)

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: Babylon hijacking colours
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 10:21:36 AM »

"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."
 -Matthew 15:11

It does hurt I though when I see some pretty, prim and permed white boy walk past I with a red, gold, green headband

This does not seem like questioning.

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 11:21:44 AM »

And what comes out of the mouth's of these men is profanity and cat calls to women. Look brother I hate to judge but sometimes people are wrong. The hurt comes first, the I question.
Peace, Love, Inity

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 12:26:31 PM »

Seen. I'm surprised to hear you say you've only seen white people doing that though.

MaoriLion

• Senior User
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 12:45:46 PM »

Well Australia is some 90% Caucasian. maybe I've just noticed whites doing it more. Sorry for any friction brother, all love to the I.
Peace, Love, Inity

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 02:32:36 PM »

Seen.

Blessed

08bmurphy

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 02:29:24 AM »

I think of it both ways.  Part of me isn't fond of alot of people around my school wearing the colors as a fashion, but when i have it on, or even a small bracelet of mine with the colors, it helps remind me to keep ital and follow the ways of Jah.  I just wish that the people who use it as a fashion would at least recognize what it is that they are wearing.  Instead, I feel that many just wear it to boast of their ganja use.  its unfortunate

Bless,

Brian

damian_marley

• Regular User
    • My Bebo
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 11:41:22 PM »

Seen. I'm surprised to hear you say you've only seen white people doing that though.

my point exactly...... more stereotyping :(
Posted on: February 09, 2008, 11:38:12 pm
I think of it both ways.  Part of me isn't fond of alot of people around my school wearing the colors as a fashion, but when i have it on, or even a small bracelet of mine with the colors, it helps remind me to keep ital and follow the ways of Jah.  I just wish that the people who use it as a fashion would at least recognize what it is that they are wearing.  Instead, I feel that many just wear it to boast of their ganja use.  its unfortunate

Bless,

Brian

true as well, i wear the colours at school (i am caucasian as well) but all i get is " do you smoke " or " are you black " its sad but i always just tell them to read up and learn, but stereotyping will remain in every society against every group of people.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 05:45:21 AM »

To Give Glory Unto Ithiopa, Home of Iriginal and everlasting Faith and life
 and His Majesty, King of Kings Lord of Lords is the prerogative of every Human on earth
a Jah given right to seek upliftment from On High where eva Ones are Guided to seek it from
Only the Father has the Right to Judge
Ites
Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

xixgrantham19

• Regular User
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 08:53:09 PM »

i too wear the colours at my college and the looks i get are scary. esp. frm black ppl (i'm white or coloured im my country) who probly tink i wear it coz i smke herb, bt i dnt. stil i walk wit my hed high bcoz i wonda hw many of dem nw wat they mean. 

damian_marley

• Regular User
    • My Bebo
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »

i too wear the colours at my college and the looks i get are scary. esp. frm black ppl (i'm white or coloured im my country) who probly tink i wear it coz i smke herb, bt i dnt. stil i walk wit my hed high bcoz i wonda hw many of dem nw wat they mean. 

bless brother :)

Jah-Sonic

• Young Mind
  • Normal User
  • Lover Not A Fighter
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 02:30:24 PM »

The way i feel about it is simple, I am not rasta but it has a very large place in my heart, through it i have met an amazing person, a second mum i would never have found without Jahs help. Just to say before i post, i do not wish to give you any the impression I am a Rasta.

Even though I have a large part of Rasta in my heart, I am not angry or whatever with the people that make/sell/buy these articles of clothing or merchandise.

Rasta isnt in the colours, leaves, anything, its in your heart and mind and spirituality.
Rasta isnt in the clothing, its not in the herb itself, Its not a material possession!
so why get angry? there is no reason to.

ATLEAST people are paying attention to the community but in some minds i could agree, its portraying it in a bad way, especially on a nock off summer market. But in any case, Hold your heads high above the crowd, you know yourself that what you represent is your faith, whilst others may look upon you with a biased oppinion of 'stoner' and etc. My message overall is, dont care, hold your head high and teach those to love others and themselves.
"It is not were you are from, it is were you are going"

Onedread

• Standard User
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 02:59:12 PM »

Blessings all a very interesting post I too see misrepresentation of the rasta colours but dont let it bring us down if you teach people a little they may wanna learn but dont know where to look you may save there lives an you have a good opening to conversation ;D

I have also noticed the biggest babylon jacking ever the british 10p does the lion look familiar
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/images/10pcoin.jpg

Blessings Praises to the Most High
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace
Jimi Hendrix

1080man

• Full User
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 01:59:20 AM »

If you see these people so much why don't you confront them and teach them a thing or two instead of complaining about it here on the forum? Judging peoples familiarity with scripture based on appearance alone seems prejudice to me.

at times I do, do that. but at times its best to be humble.

i hope someone sees this posts and replies but InI being white.

and telling another white person to take off the colors or something, seems hypocritical sometimes...

MaoriLion

• Senior User
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 06:22:38 AM »

why would the color of your skin make you a hypocrite standing up for Rastafari? calling oneself a Rasta and doing nothing is much more hypocritical.
Peace, Love, Inity

0ne L0ve

• Regular User
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 05:00:41 AM »

hmm Ive been studying Rastafari for a while and yeah i understan it may frustrate sum peopel to see chains wid the rastafari flagg on it wid a weed symbol on it Thesse people dont got a clue what it means i dident do either and yess im white =| but i kno what the flagg colours mean NOW

Red stands for bloodshed for freedom in Africa,
yellow for gold and riches
green for fertility of the African country,

dats what the flagg stands for and im sure about it  ;)
and i never wear a shirt with the flagg before becuz i usually wear hip hop Clothing =D
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.