Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: "Ganstafari"  (Read 15952 times)

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
"Ganstafari"
« on: January 22, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »

ITES Imaly
It has been forwarded I ear that a new concept is born in Jamaica. Called "Gangstafari." I got sad when I heard that word.
The word should describe all these rastas in Jamaica, who flirts with the gangster way of life, same time hailing Haile I name.
I heard it was mostly bobo's.
At the day of Judgement, JAH will surely deliver the sheeps from the wolf. And no gangster pass through the gates of Zion. STRICT.
Fyah bun all gun-culture, "punani"-culture and gang culture. I&I gang is Holy righteous people. I&I gang is I congregation. Iman trod pure, no blood on I hands, no hate in I eyes.
If Iman was a bobo, I would hate this people.

What is the I's meaning bout the subject? Should we just accept all man claiming righteousness?

ONENESS

Human

• Veteran User
Re: "Ganstafari"
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 01:38:36 PM »

Well it is not good, but i have seen were many, many youth have joined the bobo way of life and suddenly they are new artists(I use the term lightly)and singing all kinds of lyrics. Many of these new bobos reside at Judgment yard in kingston which is owned by Sizzla. This area of kingston is well known for serious gang activity and not to long ago Judgment yard was raided and the largest "ever" gun bust was found on the premisis. This was the largest cahe of weapons, mostly automatic weapons ever found in jamaica. The judgment yard crew/gang said they are simply protecting themselves from other gangs in the area. For me personally i see many of these so called new Bobos as simply wolves using the bobo appearance as cover. Yes some are real and speak of one love and freedom for all, but many of them are simply wolves who ride around on ther $30,000 ninja bikes carrying weapons shouting Selassie I. This is my opinion, but rasta and gun cahes dont go hand in hand no matter the situation.

Ras Wigga

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 02:27:02 PM »

Well it is not good, but i have seen were many, many youth have joined the bobo way of life and suddenly they are new artists(I use the term lightly)and singing all kinds of lyrics. Many of these new bobos reside at Judgment yard in kingston which is owned by Sizzla. This area of kingston is well known for serious gang activity and not to long ago Judgment yard was raided and the largest "ever" gun bust was found on the premisis. This was the largest cahe of weapons, mostly automatic weapons ever found in jamaica. The judgment yard crew/gang said they are simply protecting themselves from other gangs in the area. For me personally i see many of these so called new Bobos as simply wolves using the bobo appearance as cover. Yes some are real and speak of one love and freedom for all, but many of them are simply wolves who ride around on ther $30,000 ninja bikes carrying weapons shouting Selassie I. This is my opinion, but rasta and gun cahes dont go hand in hand no matter the situation.

This sums it up brilliantly, raspect!

It is as imperative for Rasta to separate themselves from this foolishness, as it is for the real Jews (those who follow the commandments) to separate themselves from Zionist traditions and ideologies.

Hotep!

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 06:31:25 PM »

Ites
Yes I Human.
What does the I's think bout Sizzla's ras-authenticity?

@Ras Wigga:
It is as imperative for Rasta to separate themselves from this foolishness, as it is for the real Jews (those who follow the commandments) to separate themselves from Zionist traditions and ideologies.
I don't sight this has anything to do with this? Jews & Zionism has nothing to do with this - we are talking bout gangstafari in Jamaica (there is almost no jews in Jamaica)
Or what do the I mean?
Blessings
Oneness

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 06:34:45 PM »

Ises,
I think dat ones should ease the judgement until ones have lived in an area where their are more machines than food plates.  Self autonomy & self sufficiency are first and foremost in an environment where calling the police is not an option.  Istorically Rastafari have always been "gangsta", when it comes defending Ini right to hail the King, cultivate & juggle Ini sacrement and protecting the Empress and children.  The King HIMself lickoff shots a plenty before HIM ascended the Throne, seen.  What is a man to do when him catcha theif, or a child predator or a rapist and him know the police will never serve justice nor protect his family?  Rastafari harm no one and mek no one harm I but will war for these Iniversal principles.

Hail the Iverliving

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 07:04:41 PM »

Ites Negus, Fearsome Reasoning dat.

Ites
Yes I Human.

@Ras Wigga:I don't sight this has anything to do with this? Jews & Zionism has nothing to do with this - we are talking bout gangstafari in Jamaica (there is almost no jews in Jamaica)
Or what do the I mean?
Blessings
Oneness

These hateful suckers will use any excuse to air their insecure fears. See that Adam. They can't help but bring up the Jews, Yeah, especially when Guns and Murder are the topic. Hows that for implication? Iveryone should Be listening to Negusnegustiality who's about the only Rastaman around here. As far as Sizzla goes you got to back off him name like hes supposed to carry the whole rasta nation on him shoulders casue him a singer. Iveryone make mistake but sizzla tru enough.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 07:36:07 PM »

What is a man to do when him catcha theif, or a child predator or a rapist and him know the police will never serve justice nor protect his family?

Pull out your new AK-47 and shoot him????? Unload your tek9 into him then shout Rastafari live???. The Bobo i know dont need guns, they clean up there hood with broom and wise teachings, not corral a large mass of weapons in case they need to blast a few thieves or molesters. Do i have a solution, no...but i do know weapons arent the solution by any means. One shot and boy dead then what, one dead and another in jail for life, either way nothing comes from it. I agree Negus protecting the women and pickney is imperative and for a man to handle a gun for protection of his family is fine in my eyes, but when you have the largest cahe of automatic guns in a house used by dozens of youth who not all im sure are smart enough to use better judgment, then that is a different story. My opinion bredrin.

As far as Sizzla goes you got to back off him name like hes supposed to carry the whole rasta nation on him shoulders casue him a singer.....maybe you got to stop reading into things and learn to disern what people really saying.

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 09:14:58 PM »

yet again, 'Elijah' brings his negativity to the post.

@the topic addressed, it saddens me to hear about such things in jamaica, i no where the miltnat rasta stand, but no ras should be into the gun crime and 'gangst' live

they bringing RAS in jamaica A BAD NAME

bless
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 09:33:05 PM »

Ganstafari... Hmmm... Thats not Rastafari at all... First of all the name, "Ganstafari". His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I was RasTafari not GangsTafari. Second of all, Rastas dont mix up in no drugs, no weapons and no killing. The so called "Ganstafaris" are the ones giving Rastafari a bad reputation world over. If they claim to be Rastas and still run around killing, selling / buying and using drugs and so on.. Then the world sees that, and they think "Is that how Rastas are?" and starts to think badly of us. So them "Ganstafaris" just spread blood over our white blanket. A Rasta follow His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie Is teachings, and he teached One love. If they dont follow it at all, instead run around killing random people for money and drugs... Then I say they no Rastas. If they dont listen to Haile Selassie I... If they dont even care about what HIM said, then what is it that makes them Rastas? HIM did not teach to murder, use drugs and rob. HIM did not teach to abuse our faith. The true Rastas dont take no part in all that. Bless.
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 09:52:16 PM »

this foolishness, as it is for the real Jews (i add no such distinction)[b/]...to separate themselves from Zionist traditions and ideologies.

Right I need to stop reading into things to see the real meaning of all this? Now 15y.o white Scandinavians are advising the Jamaica Ras about livity? Can't all you see how vain and out of place all this chatter is? LISTEN TO NEGUSN- HE REPRASNTS RASTA VIEW ON THIS ISSUE. If you cant take that fiyah then run back to your pastor. Higher Authority... Never expect to be justified in the eyes of man... and we will fight if necessary. So welcome to the real Rastafari trod. Serious times calls for serious measures.

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »

Whats this talk about 15 year old Scandinavians? Yes im 15, yes im from Sweden. So? Does it make me any less worth? Does it make me stupid? Does it make me a less human or Rasta? Are we not as much worth? A Jamaican and a Swedish? An African and Swedish? We are exactly worth as much, because we are all humans and humans should be equal. Thats what Haile Selassie I taught, and we all listen and learn from him. If someone look down on another race or where they live, thats no better then the racists on the street. So please dont walk around blaming the "15 year old scandinavians". If you blame them, you just want a reason to judge. Bless.

Ras Wigga

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 10:12:47 PM »

Just to clear the issue.

In this thread it said The word should describe all these rastas in Jamaica, who flirts with the gangster way of life, same time hailing Haile I name.

To say that they are Bobo is not fair to the true Bobo Ashanti's, and a Diss!

The same way to say that the Zionists are Jews is not fair to the real Jews (those who follow the commandments)!

put 2 and 2 together!

HOTEP!

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 10:16:28 PM »

Agreed to the fullest. Even if its most Bobo Shantis it doesnt mean its because they are Bobo Shantis they are flirting with the gangster life. Bless up.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 10:20:23 PM »

Whats this talk about 15 year old Scandinavians? Yes im 15, yes im from Sweden. So? Does it make me any less worth? Does it make me stupid? Does it make me a less human or Rasta? Are we not as much worth? A Jamaican and a Swedish? An African and Swedish? We are exactly worth as much, because we are all humans and humans should be equal. Thats what Haile Selassie I taught, and we all listen and learn from him. If someone look down on another race or where they live, thats no better then the racists on the street. So please dont walk around blaming the "15 year old scandinavians". If you blame them, you just want a reason to judge. Bless.

What is it? Its that I think is its ridiculous that a 15 Scandinavian who found out about Rastafari from the internet is telling lineage Jamaican Ras they shouldn't carry guns. Little boy, What do you know about it? Are you stupid? No. But you need to see how its a racist false sense of privilege that has you assuming to the authority you do. My point is more that your 15 than that your swedish. Though I think most 15y.o Jamaicans would know when to keep quiet. Blame you? What are you talking about Blame? See this is what I mean about being 15.

Just to clear the issue.

In this thread it said The word should describe all these rastas in Jamaica, who flirts with the gangster way of life, same time hailing Haile I name.

To say that they are Bobo is not fair to the true Bobo Ashanti's, and a Diss!

The same way to say that the Zionists are Jews is not fair to the real Jews (those who follow the commandments)!

put 2 and 2 together!

HOTEP!

Speaking of not knowing when to Shut Up. This dude cant stop talking shit about the Jews. Now he has some catch word(zionism) hes trying to make a big fuss that there is a country above Egypt call Israel.

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 10:25:41 PM »

Im not "telling" the lineage Jamaican Ras they shouldnt carry guns. Im telling you that i think they shouldnt, notice the difference. Elijah I, maybe i do know when to shut up, but just because I should wont make me shut up. Why should i shut up? I tell anyone exactly what I think, exactly as you do. So no reason for me to shut up. If all youth shut up because they are not that wise as the elders, then they wouldnt learn would they. Bless.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.