Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: why no voting?  (Read 2385 times)

damian_marley

• Regular User
    • My Bebo
why no voting?
« on: January 23, 2008, 12:40:39 AM »

im just interested i have been studying rastafari recently to see if it is for me or not and one ting that interested me was the reasonings behind the non polititical involment? unless this information is incorrect in which case my bad.

thank you helping me on my journey towards rastafari
peace

Rasdave21

• Full User
  • 2012 ascension is near---awaken
Re: why no voting?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 12:49:04 AM »

first of all my friend before you understand rastafari you have to understand that no matter how much you want it to, voting makes no difference in our soon to be one world government. We are led to believe that we have these parties and differences in our politicians but the highest levels of all them want the same thing. To take our rights as free citizens away and to control every aspect of our earthly lives through the RFID microchip. I would vote if I knew it was going to make a difference. However I know that the English Government and the United States government are controlled by a greater force than our so called government, The illuminati bloodlines. These people have been involved in the planning of all the major wars and the takeover of free-thinking governments and free thinking anything. Their roots go all the way back to Babylon and Baal worship. I think making spiritual moves and starting upliftments among the people is the best way for a ras to change anything in a political sort. Im up for a rasta party though I think it would give the ras more value in political affairs

Peace
www.myspace.com/elementree1

CHECK OUT MY MUSIC!!

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 03:05:39 AM »

yeah brother, its just choosing a different dictator.
Peace, Love, Inity

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 04:45:03 PM »

How sad is that?

"We've got to fulfill the Book."

I am in the US. I cannot find anyone to vote for, and the field is so scary I wouldn't know who to vote against.

Is it not true that all we can do is to love one another with kindness and respect (even the people we don't want to love) and pray that the love of Yah may touch all?

May I say how much this forum has uplifted me in the two days since I have found it.

Thank-you Rasta Nick for your sunny yellow web-oages.
Thank-you all of the brothers and sisters on this forum who keep the mood uplifting and full of light and love.

I need in this dark Alaska winter.

Please know that you all are uplifting one sister's heart every day I come here.

Bless.

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »

there was a famous RAS politician in Barbados

Selassie hotep
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 06:43:59 AM »

Rasta are sovereign beings
We are subject to none but Jah's Laws
We are subject of the Ivine Governance of The King of Kings as it is written
seeing as their is Ivine governance from on High, we would we then vote for another government?
we have already submitted to the Rule of His Ivine Majesty, to vote for another gov would undermine our oath of allegience to the Most High....so I will fight no mans wars, only the Ivine war with His majesty at the helm and I will pay no volutary tax to a fraudulant gov that does not follow Iyah Law...
Blessings and Giudance
Sistah Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 09:30:04 AM »

Bless up sister nya! hope everything is great.
Peace, Love, Inity

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 01:19:50 AM »

Bless Brudda!
yes everthing is great, tuff but great
how can RastaFarI life be ungreat?
Jah is Great so life in RastaFarI is great....
Blessing and love for yah brudda!!!!!
Nyah I
www.earthreggae.com

florida rasta

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 03:56:56 AM »

I definitely agree with you on your views rasdave, but i also have to disagree to a certain extent.  Things in this world aren't going to change themselves, and unless we who are free thinking and opposed to the babylon governmental machine do what we can to help let other people know what is happening to the world, then we are just as much at fault.  I also think that even though in the US and UK government elections are not really decided by the people, in many places voting on a local scale can be in accordance to rasta thinking.  For example if a local vote is being taken on environmental issues such as community cleanup and such, then by all means count my vote in.  And even though those we hate who are destroying our earth, JAH overcomes all, and as long as we have faith in the almighty, like Bob said every little thing is gonna be alright.

pce

JAH love

Rasdave21

• Full User
  • 2012 ascension is near---awaken
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 11:43:38 PM »

i completly agree with you florida ras. I am voting here in Ohio on march.4 for all issues. Bless up bredren!!!!
www.myspace.com/elementree1

CHECK OUT MY MUSIC!!

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 03:54:57 PM »

Bless up family,
 i vote for the following reasons,

because women in many countries are not as privileged as i am and many women have died fighting for the rights that i have,so to not vote when i have that privilege is a slap in the face for them.

because black and mixed  people are not allowed, or have not been in the recent past, to vote in many countries.. as a mother to black children i must set the example and show them to utilize their rights as citizens, in honour of those that do not have the opportunity.(we also do not sit at the back of the bus ;)

because if we dont take positive steps toward change, we cannot complain when a dictator is elected.. no vote is a vote for the BNP, or the Conservatives or who ever is the majority in your locality. a vote against them is still a vote against them. it doesnt really matter who you vote for.. i always vote for the guy i know wont get it, just to prevent the guy i dont want in getting my vote.

anyway thats my tuppence worth

Rastafari

Queen J
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

florida rasta

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 06:20:03 AM »

thats another good reason.
respect

damian_marley

• Regular User
    • My Bebo
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 07:10:39 PM »

yeah i get that, but no to Barak Obama as well?

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 10:45:08 AM »

Plenty Ras types are getting behind Obama....
He is a different kind of politician that we haven't really seen before
we are all ready for a change and Obama seems to be Jahs way of answering to that....
personally, I feel a lot of hope around him and I am sure we will see the booths full of young people and people who may not ever have bothered to vote before this time...
Like our new PM, who no I did not vote for, I lobby governments in different ways, Obama seems to have real Heart, real empathy for the everyday struggling people and real intelligence.....
Its just that......no matter who takes the helm, and I agree, that if the zest and joy that Jah gives we when we listen to HIM, motivates the I to vote, then that must be in accordance with His Will.....
but whoeva leads the country, matters not a bit unless the people are implementing the real changes...livity is a million times more powerful than policy....
"when the people lead, the leaders will follow"
Jah Bless
Nyah loves Yah
www.earthreggae.com

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 21 queries.