Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nazarite Vow  (Read 2865 times)

One Love- One Jah

• Newbie User
Nazarite Vow
« on: February 03, 2008, 02:32:50 AM »

Hey, I am new to this site and new to the movement so i have been doing research and i need some guidance i was wondering if one must fullfill a Nazarite Vow in order to become a rasta? Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks.  One more question what are the option1 option2 option 3 and so on for??

ke

• Veteran User
Re: Nazarite Vow
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 02:49:28 AM »

no, one doesn't need to take the Nazarite vow to become Rasta. one should think deeply about it before you take the vow because it takes a lot of discipline and commitment. first get an overstanding of the Bible by reading it once a day (if you can fit it in your schedule) cover to cover then once you overstand the scriptures you may be ready to take the vow. but you don't have to take it at all if you don't want to.
I haven't taken it yet but maybe some day in the future I'll consider it.
hope that helped..

oh yea, what do you mean by option 1 option 2 option 3 ?
bless.
ke.
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

One Love- One Jah

• Newbie User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 06:55:57 AM »

when i post a poll it says i have to fill out at least two options before i post it and then it give me a space where i have to fill in answer or else i cant post.  .  .   im not sure if that helped you but thank you very much for your explaination on the vow because i tried to take it and i was not thinking about the commitment it takes and i rushed into it and failed.  .  .   it truely takes commitment to fullfill it and i must give it though before i truelly overstand the vow and what it is to be rasta
Posted on: February 03, 2008, 02:59:26 am
I am wondering now if since I dont need to fullfill the vow (although i plan on doing so when i have a better overstanding) to become rasta how is that you become rasta I have read some other posts saying you must begin by researching into it and i have but there is still much more to learn.  .  .   however I am just wondering because I know for Catholics they are baptised into thier faith and I was wondering is there some Baptising or something for the Rasta Movment because i dont feel trully part of it for some reason by just saying oh today is the day that I have become Rasta.   Hopefully some one has some advice because I feel lost and I really do want to become apart of the Rasta Movement because it brings such happiness to me and during a bad day I think about it and it really makes the day much brighter.          
           Bless One Love
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 07:03:10 AM by One Love- One Jah »

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »

sorry bro i don't know much about the polls because i have never had one before..

that is alot like me when i first started to get into rasta. you cant just go and wake up one day and be rasta. it took me about a year before I felt that i could call my self a Ras. just talk to some of us on here, don't be afraid to ask any questions. i learned so fast just by talking to people on here. books can teach you some basics about RasTafari but they don't really go that deep. alot of the answers come from the heart. you know?

hope that helped.

oh yea and click on the Rasta chat section and look for "rasta school"
it has TUNS of very good info.
bless up.
ke.

One Love- One Jah

• Newbie User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 07:30:22 PM »

Thanks alot Ke for helping me through this difficult time ill be sure to stick around and ask if I am troubled i have a lot to learn yet but i feel this is the right road for me and thanks to you i can now better trod on
                          Bless Up. . . .  One Love- One Jah

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 09:06:10 PM »

no problem brotha, that's what I'm here for.
Jah guide.
ke.

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 07:03:08 PM »

nice man

i am here too soz i not been replying

you dont have to be a nazarite to be a 'rasta'.

i thinkj u haffi understand what it means to be a nazarite fully before u say that u are/are not going to do it ext ext

just take ya time,  loads and loads of time through your life ,  mon

rootsridge

Selassie bless iyah
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

xixgrantham19

• Regular User
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 08:46:08 PM »

@rootsridge wat do u think bein a nazirite means?

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 06:06:20 PM »

Ites Up One Love.
Iman actually don't know any ras (man and woman) who has taken the nazirite/nazarite vow. To take the vow, one must talk to a rabbi, or a priest. It is a RELIGIOUS vow - even though many in here does not like the word religion. The most ras Iman know, are like pseudo-nazirites, who live out some parts of the vow, but not it all. Iman have no problem with that, as long as they don't call them self "nazirite" - because every part of the vow, is making I&I purer and cleaner. And also - Iman nah sight, how one cannot live up the 613 (jewish) laws and still call himself a nazirite. The nazirite-vow is a jewish vow, and is a part of the 613 laws. In the ancient days, if we read the scriptures, there were pretty many nazirites in the tribes of Israel.

So just relax, study your law - cannot be nazirite and still eat pork, lie and cheat on your wife.

Iman hope the I - you - overstand I advice and read the scriptures carefully.

Blessings & Ites

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 05:43:36 PM »

@rootsridge wat do u think bein a nazirite means?

I'm wondering what he thinks being 'rasta' means.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

xixgrantham19

• Regular User
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 08:56:06 AM »

@elijah i wat do u think being 'rasta' mean?

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »

Dealing with Rasta Irit and Dealing with Rasta livity is not the same thing as being Rasta. One must undergo a complete transfiguration to literally be Rasta. Now alot of ones who deal with Rasta livity and Irit are on their way to becoming Rasta. But only few of dem actually are in a permenant sense.  And without this proper perspective so that you not claiming to "be rasta" after the first step when you still have 10,000 miles to trod is what keep the fold genuine and the crown shining.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »

I believe-

What I have discerned from my reading of scripture-

Is that to be a Nazarite, to dedicate oneself to Yah in a personal inward way as well as by displaying the outward physical signs, is a personal choice between a person and God.

It may be that in the Old Testament the vow was to be administered by a Rabbi...I don't remember an example that shows that and I do not have my scripture with me-

But the purpose of Jesus, the Heavenly Divine Son, is that we no longer have need, real or legislated, of a human intercessor.

If you choose to make a vow make it.

But if you make a vow to God keep it!

xixgrantham19

• Regular User
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 05:27:55 PM »

@elijah i that was the best (for the lack of a better word) xplanation of being rasta i've herd. b4 ppl jus tld me u eitha r or u arent and felt that neva reali xplained it to me. thanx iyah. bt hw duz one undergo the transfiguration? an wat duz it entail?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:31:15 PM by xixgrantham19 »

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 09:21:21 PM »

How? Well I tink first u haffi trus JAH guidance and trod wit courage. JAH guide people with signs and the bible and ting. I and I must trus we own intuition, Irit, and heart as well seen? And complete transiguration is when those things and your will become JAH mind/irit/heart and will.
Have you ever heard that JAH is a Fiyah? Transfiguration is when we give ourselves totally to that Fiyah and are consumed and so become the Fiyah, Only when you jump from the building do you realize you can fly.  (don't jump from a building people)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.