Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Please help me understand.. What is happening to me...  (Read 2171 times)

tonyalynnbarrz

• Standard User
Please help me understand.. What is happening to me...
« on: February 15, 2008, 08:00:21 PM »

Hello,
I am new.  I need your wisdom and your guidance.  Thank you for allowing me here.
Please I am begging to know what is going on with me. . . 

For many years I have wanted locs.  Last year I allowed my locs to grow. . . naturally in my head.  Since growing locs I have been drawn to Rasta life.  I feel myself being pulled to go to Africa and to Jamaica and to to find my roots. . my people.  I don't feel that the South is my home???. . even though I am born and raised here. 
I feel myself being pulled to change my eating habits. . not really wanting meat, sugars, chemicals. . . the bad things.  I am being led to want extensive knowlege on Rastafarian life, poetry, history, meanings and so forth.  I have always listened to reggae, but now I listen to the words and I want to know the meaning behind the words. 
I now don't see the enjoyment in spending money the way I used to.  I am seeing joy in a sunset, birds, stars, my children's laughter.  My lifestyle now is like that of a peasant or Bohemian.
Growing my locs has been a very positive, but drastic change for me.  I grew up in the South and I learned hatred of white people at an early age because of the way I was treated by them because I am black.  Since my life change with my locs my heart is softening and I am seeing white people as individuals and until they show me predjudice I don't hate them any more.
I feel as if my spirit is so happy, but I am confused and wondering what is this calling? Where is this "pulling and tugging" of my spirit coming from? What is going on with me since growing my locs.
I know I sound crazy to you, but I'm not.  I am really a very nice person.  I just need to know what has gotten a hold of me that is making me so much happier than before? I did not recognize any of this joy until my locs.  I feel very free, like a child almost.

Thank you and Bless you for you for your help. 
Please feel free to offer your advice/opinion on anything regarding being Rasatafarian through books, words anything.  Thank you.

yellow

• Normal User
Re: Please help me understand.. What is happening to me...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 12:00:30 AM »

Greetings brother and welcome to the forum!

I just wrote a long reply to you, then as smart as i was, I deleted it by mistake, so this post might be a little quick.. Hope you don't mind.
Well, I feel very happy and inspired after I got to know rastafari too. I think it is because of all those good and positive things you learn through it. The rasta-music means a lot to me. When I listen to fx, Bob, I feel so happy, strong and free, like I am living in my own world. I have never felt this way before. It is simply just amazing. I don't think there is a word for a such feeling, and to me, there doesn't need to be either. It's just one of those feelings which is almost impossible to describe.
And about the locks, I don't think it is the fact that you have done something with your hair, that makes you happy. But maybe more because it reminds you of good things, and because every time you see your locks, it's shoutin at you "Im a rasta!!". That's how I feel when I wear my rastahat. Then I suddently realize that I'm a rasta, and how good it feels to know that. That Im on the "right side" and that I will just grow more and more into the truth.
I dont have my lock's yet, but I could imagine I will feel like wearing the truth on my head. And I wouldn't be surprised if a person was happy and felt free because he/she was wearing the truth, seen? I dont know if it's something like that but I hope it hepled a bit in some way, if not, I hope someone else can. (:

Nuff love an raspect
And again, welcome to the forum.

tonyalynnbarrz

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:07:11 AM »

Thank you so much for your reply and your words were a lot of help to me.  Sometimes it's hard for me to believe that I am this happy and that I am a Rasta.

Blessings to you my friend.

PS. . . I'm a girl (:

[/quote]

yellow

• Normal User
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 02:19:53 AM »

Oops, didn't see that. (:
Well, you'r welcome, Sis.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 03:05:56 AM »

That is so beautiful.

God is coming into your heart.

God bless.

Nepsis

• Full User
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 05:11:41 AM »

welcome sister Tonyalynnbarrz, by any chance is your name a reference to the GREAT Tony Allen, key originator to afrobeat (according to Fela)? If so, tony always makes me feel  8)

Blessings upon thy path

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 09:54:18 AM »

When JAH sees your ready, he sets the path. Congratulations Sistren ,its a truly magical thing! Your starting to recognize the blessings of nature and the world JAH has crafted for us and being freed of materialism and racial hate. Now is the time to stand up, accept JAH and be proud of who you truly are!

Best of luck and selassie guide.
Peace, Love, Inity

tonyalynnbarrz

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 02:52:30 AM »

Thank you for your replies.  I'm not related to Tony Allen (:

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 11:57:36 PM »

blessing to you sista, may the strength of JAH protect you from all evil on your trod to mt Zion.
Jah guide sis
your brotha ke
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

florida rasta

• Standard User
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 03:44:57 AM »

greeting sista.  Im relieved to find that there are other people that feel the same way I do.  For the past two years or so, i've felt drawn back to Africa and real black culture.  Even though i've lived in Africa, when I left and moved to the U. S, I didn't feel the way I do now.  Like you, i live in the South, and have started growing out my natty dreads, but just like yellow said, i don't think its the locs that have made you happy, but instead the locs symbolize who you really are, and letting you be yourself.  And no matter who you are, you'll only be truly happy when you are yourself.  If you want to talk some more, don't hesitate to mail or message me.

ever sure

pce, JAH love

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 04:24:16 AM »

trying to think of something wise to say haha
but all I can think of is......I know the feeling....one trys to fight it, not really overstanding it, but reality must take its course and we are happier when we go with it and honour how we truly feel....and stand strong in that....
I have never felt so whole and happier as i do having embraced I true Ras nature
I must now thank Jah profusely all thru the day for the Blessings Bestowed upon I and I for showing I Ilight!!!!
Blessings on your journeys Idren!!!!!!!!
a tuff but glorious trod!!!!!!
always remember ask in Christs name and ye surely will recieve for Jah the Most High does not break His word
Raspect
Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.