Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Toldoth Yeshu- early biased stories of Yeshua  (Read 9434 times)

Rasdave21

• Full User
  • 2012 ascension is near---awaken
Re: The Toldoth Yeshu- early biased stories of Yeshua
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 02:43:06 PM »

i had a thought too that maybe the Toldoth Yeshu could be about Yeshua Barabbas??? I dont know though because Barabbas was a Thief and criminal and I see no sign of the Yeshu of the Toldoth being a criminal.
www.myspace.com/elementree1

CHECK OUT MY MUSIC!!

Human

• Veteran User
Re: The Toldoth Yeshu- early biased stories of Yeshua
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 06:50:29 PM »

Barabbas was a thief and criminal if you take the story literally, look at the name...Bar=son of Abbas=father, son of the father....the story is not saying there was a 2nd man that the Roman court was going to give instead of Jesus (there was no Roman law for this), the story is simply giving up Jesus for Jesus, trickery from the church writers to put blame on the Jews? or maybe one of Yeshus sons captured along with him? I guess it is in how ones were to interpret the life of Jesus, was he a rebel leader trying to change Roman oppression and that is why there was a calvary sent to arrest him (over 500 men) or was he a nobody causing problems and had to be kissed on the cheek for the Romans to even know which guy it was?

Again a very interesting book that goes into these things much more than me is The Twin Deception. I dont agree with everything in the book but it is interesting way of seeing the story of Jesus.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.