Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Sometimes  (Read 1670 times)

surfmon_I

Sometimes
« on: February 13, 2008, 08:55:09 AM »

Greetings Idren,
  Sometimes.
  Sometimes we may feel disconnected from our inner selves.  Out of riddem from the way our lives are skipping along.  Things seem to be happening to us instead of with us and in these times it is best to stop.  Take a good look at the dreams which we have at rest.  In these dreams may be the very reason we are disconnected, and looking at them we may find our way back to an inner riddem that puts us back in stride.
  For some time now, the span of these winter months, I have been uneasy.  Shifted from the natural flow and connectedness that are usually the way of life, I have had to look at the circumstances that are a ever growing part of daily life, and to see the role I have with them.  Where this tide leads is a new daily adventure, yet I see that sometimes we all must take a look at our vessel and repair and maintain its' soudfulness. 
  This relationship is vital to sound mind and body, for we can see that the one relies on the other.  Without the state of wholesomeness we are in fact two hales that do not fit together.  I am sure we have all felt this at some time or another.  Some of us more than others.  It is not a helplessness, yet this is exactly what it feels like at the time.  Time may drag on and we do not seem to be in control of what we do, and in many ways we are not "in Con~trol", we must see the relationship of mind to body, yes, but we must also see the relationship to our true selves, the Spirit.
  On this level we should begin to see our relationship not only to ourselves, but to all things around us.  We begin to see that mere will materializes through goodness and positivity for, nothing comes of a negative mind.  Easy to say, yet not so easy to do, I know.  This evening as I was in a Drumming circle rhythmically drumming out a Nyabinghi riddem, in a mindset that focused on the self , which is part of the whole, the inner riddem returned.  It was not noticed per se at the time, yet later on that evening while asleep i awoke to view thoughts in sleep as meaningfully related to the days just past.  The general feeling of dissatisfaction and negativity that surrounded I.  Looking back is always so much easier than looking ahead and I see now what I was unable to see yesterday.
  It is easy to see all the ones whom are mire in the negative and we should not judge.  Again, easy to say...not so easy to do, but we should not either join them or let them deflect our course.  We may be persuaded by the very Elements that all is working against us, yet there is always that other side to the coin.  There exists a place within each of us that calms the core, the very Soul that is at our Center.  This I feel to be true.  We may have our each own way of reaching it, but some may not and some may have lost their way of being connected to it. Your thoughts on this are welcome, for it is within this area I am interested.  How  do we get there?.  This evening past, it was the Nyabinghi drum beat ~~~Bam Bam tapa tapa Bam Bam, tap~~~that brought it back.  We each had our turn at expressing the inner specialness that is there, and free to do this among others draws one closer.  In the past, the meditative and Physical harmony of Yoga has done it, but as we move in  and out of the the days of our lives, we may find ourselves disconnected from these mechanisms.  Finding our way back is not done through other people, it is a personal commitment to firstly realizing that we have it within us, then finding the path there while we travel through each day.
  I am sure that these words are only a small portion of what it is that I am trying to say.  It is always like this with thoughts for I, but I think of all the lovely people that I have had the chance to share with before, and reach out for your thoughts.  I am not sure why I do this other that the obvious fact that we are One .  Each a part of what I carry within every day, and for this I give thanks.

Molliebaz

• Full User
  • One Love
Re: Sometimes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:53:05 AM »

My Blessed Brother Surf,

Again, amidst all the hostilities that are going around on this forum at the moment, you bring nothing but love  and uplifting words for your bredren.  Jah will reward you, he is surely with you.

Let Jah guide and protect.

One Love

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 03:51:53 PM »

the brotha is at it again.
very very wise words.
I was feeling out of place with my life for some time now (usually only happens in the winter) but when I read your words brotha it gave me that feeling of oneness again.
thank you.
ke
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

surfmon_I

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 09:25:23 PM »

Blessings Bredren Ke, and Siatah M,
  If the words shared help, it is a Blessing to know that they do so.  In so many ways there is a purpose we each serve, and this is what I pray; That thru all that crosses the mind, be it early in the morning hours, while the house is sound a sleep, Jah reveal the core of truth to  a calm mind. 
  It is not easy to find that calm place sometimes, the world being what it is. 
Sorry, have to go and rescue someone from an slushy snowbank at the bottom of the drive.  Thanks for the kind words, and Nice to hear the positive effect these thoughts have brought.
Stay Blessed, Live Up.

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 01:39:56 PM »

Blessings, Surfmon_I!

Yes, I, too have times when I feel out of sorts for no good reason.  Sometimes, you can't put your finger on what is wrong just that you feel spiritually off.  Your words bring home the importance to step back and reflect on your path and those around you that are influencing you.  It is so easy to get quagmired into day to day things and lose focus on our true purpose which is always the upliftment of Jah.  It is time to come back to our center - groundation and operate from a love base.

Thank you surfmon, for your wonderful words and wisdom.  I certainly needed this today!  Jah Bless!

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 02:35:53 AM »

Oh yes surf_mon. Isn't reggae part of getting back the rhythm?
It is heartbeat music.

God bless.

surfmon_I

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 11:37:51 AM »

Yes I ! Bredren and Sistren, The beat is at the core of what is the riddem of life.  The breath , going out and coming in.  It is with us every day causing us to give Thanks for Jah Blessings which reveal unto us each that there is a purpose we each serve. Never give it up till Jah call.
Blessed Livity.
Rastafari !

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.