Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: I have a plan.  (Read 1569 times)

natty threads

• Senior User
I have a plan.
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:40:01 PM »

It is a small plan, but a plan none-the-less.

This is it...

Tithe.

Don't tithe to a church necessarily- tithe directly to those in need.

I recently received a surprise check in the mail. I have some people to whom I will send small bits of it, to total the 10% required by God. Included in this is Rasta Nick's forum because this is like church to me. The word of Yah, peace, love, and reasoning abounds here. It is worthy of tithing.

The people to whom I tithe are people in need. They don't have to join a churchy church to benefit from people who are sharing because they love God. No-one should have to join a church to benefit from the love of God.

The second part of my plan is this...

I already do this and it helps so much...

Find someone you do NOT like and do something nice for that person, or if an opportunity arises in which that person needs help think "I must do something for that person to help myself to be more loving- for my sake with Jah."

And finally, if you have something of value that you do not need, GIVE it away. Don't give away everything necessarily, but do not feel you must get monetary value for everything of value that you own. If someone might need something you have, forgo those few dollars and the trouble of advertising- just give it away.

And tell people "Don't thank me, thank Yah. All gifts are from Him."

God bless.

Help me with the plan.

God bless.

surfmon_I

Re: I have a plan.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:14:03 PM »

Sistah Natty threads, May peace be with the I.
  It is a good plan and it is plain to see the I has a large heart and a solid focus on the way to implement what we are taught to do; Thinking of others and what we might do to help is a greater good that, if spread, eases suffering and lets ones know that there are those in the world that are watching and doing something greater than themselves.
  There are many in the world , in the countries and communities that we live whom need to know we they are not alone.  In reaching out and looking to make this world a better place we do the work and live the lives Jah Intended we to Live.  By fighting to get back to nature and not getting swept aside, we protect the the very freedom that all should feel apart of, with Equal rights and Justice for All.
  Do what we CAN Idren, in whatever way reveal itself.  Lift up our hearts, and give thanks and Praise to Jah. For we ARE our brothers keeper.
JahLove Iver More.

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:35:33 AM »

for the past few days I prayed, I included some thing like that in my prayers. it looks like JAH JAH passed on the message.
bless up people I will definitely help you sista
ke
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 04:18:25 PM »

Yes and Yes.

It is more than the sunny yellow- it is the sunny fellows and ladies that bring light to me on this forum.

There are seed exchanges. You can find people on line who will share seeds.

Territorial Seed Company has a great free seed catalog, as does Seeds of Change. They each contain information a bit over and above regular seed catalogs, and each promotes an ideology of ??? Wholeness???

I have some seeds I bought to share...mostly calendula right now- high in iodine, good for skin, good for thyroid. You can dry the flowers to brighten up winter soups. I already have several stamped envelopes as well. I am sorry to limit this to the US, but if anyone would like some seeds PM your snail addy to me and I will send. I should have some assorted leaf lettuces too.

Even if you grow one medicinal flower in one pot on one windowsill, that is something.

And prayer, Ke. We must always remember the prayer.

I don't know Marcus Garvey- something I plan to fix today- but I have been thinking "I'll never forget no way how they sold Marcus Garvey for rice" and I found myself praying for Marcus Garvey this morning.

It is difficult to learn to do, I must be honest that I (the I) forgets, but keep part of the brain praying constantly and God will be with you- then we are I and I and The Big I.

Is this the Kingdom of Heaven that is all around?

So now we have FIVE things to do.

1. Tithe, not to a churchy church but to God. A gift to one of God's is a gift to the self.

2. Be nice to people we don't appreciate- not for them but for our own relationship with God. That makes the I be I and I, seen?

3. Give away things of value and credit Yah with the gift. All gifts are from the Creator who also REDEEMS us. But for God we'd have naught to give.

4. Grow things. This is a BIG political self-sufficiency manuver as well. That's another post some time. Anyone?

5. Pray for others as well as ourselves. CONSTANT prayer to Jah. Dedicate part of that big brain we only use about 10% of to constant prayer. ;)

Seen?
Feel free to change what gets by me or what I am not overstanding.

And let us add and share.

We are the revolution.

God bless.

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 06:44:02 PM »

yes pray for every one just because we don't know them very well don't mean that can't use JAH light.
bless up sis.
ke

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 11:52:28 AM »

What a wonderful thread!  Great ideas!  We need to share our abundance and blessings with others.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 04:51:13 PM »

Oh I am so pleased that people are sharing and so pleased that people are reading the thread.

Even if all an I can manage (I'm starting to feel the "I" ...) is to make eye contact and smile at a bus driver, it will help.

Bless us all with the blessings of God.

That way your I and my I can stand together with the Big I.

And we CAN overcome!!!!!!!

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 06:08:36 PM »

bless up sis
ke

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 05:27:03 PM »

Yes, even our day to day contact with people affects them.  Every small kind thing you say or do may just make their day.  So many people walk around and will not look you in the eye as they walk past, very sad.  Brighten someone's day today!

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.