Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: my soul is among Lions - Psalm 57  (Read 1718 times)

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
my soul is among Lions - Psalm 57
« on: February 23, 2008, 01:33:52 AM »

4 My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.
5 Be thou exalted, O God above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.
6 They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down;they have digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen. Selah.
7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.
Awake up, my glory; awake psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.
8 I  will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations.
For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds.
11 be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Nepsis

• Full User
Re: my soul is among Lions - Psalm 57
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 07:49:21 AM »

7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.
Awake up, my glory; awake psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.

Thanks and Praises to the Existing One

"A heart that is ready means a heart that is cleansed from pride and humbled before majestic power and wisdom of god.  A heart that is ready means a heart that is emptied of all worldly desires and fancies, and filled only with aspirations towards God and love for God.  A heart that is ready means a heart healed of all restlessness, cares and fears, and strengthened and encouraged by the presence of God's grace.  'I will sing and chant in my glory.'  Thus the Psalmist continues.  This shows how truly his heart is ready.  He is not proud of his kingly glory, but ascribes it all to God.  He abases himself before God as nothing, and his whole joy is to magnify and glorify God.  His personal glory is given to him solely as a reason for glorifying his glorious God.
  Oh my brethren, let us strive that our hearts may soon be ready for God -- ready to hear the word of God, ready to follow the will of God, ready to glorify the living God." - Bishop Nikolai Velimirovhich.  The Prologue from Ochrid (october 26)

surfmon_I

Re: my soul is among Lions - Psalm 57
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:52:44 AM »

Blessings,
  Within the One is both the Lion and the Lamb.  May Jah Guide and Bring forth what is required.
with LovePower.

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.