Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: What do rastas belive?  (Read 1493 times)

Rain

• Newbie User
What do rastas belive?
« on: February 25, 2008, 09:03:27 AM »

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before and I know I will come across as pretty naive - this is all still very new to me, so please forgive me.

I'm really interested in Rasta, but don't understand a couple of bits.  Do you see JAH the same way Christians see Jesus? I know Jesus is considered the son of god and many rastas don't see jesus in this way, but overall is it seen as the same kind of thing?

I know he is seen as the god incarnate and the messiah who will return, but if he never himself said this - how do you know?

I know that rastas read the bible, so do you believe in Adam and Eve, Noah and all those people.  If so why do many not believe Jesus as the son of god, if the bible tells he is? Also heaven and hell, sin, sex before marriage, abortion all the main christian principles - do they still stand?  

natty threads

• Senior User
Re: What do rastas belive?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 03:27:54 PM »

This question is answered all over the forum.

You need to move around the threads and read what is already posted.

The principles you list aren't exactly Christian principles...the bible is a Jewish book, both the old and new testaments were written by and for Jews.

I found the rasta school thread by going to the home page and entering "rasta school" in the search engine.
That would be a good place to start.

There are many prophesies that relate to Selassie that can be found in the prophets in the OT.
He is of the line of David through Solomon's son of the queen of Sheba.

I don't think Jesus walked around saying He was the messiah either.

Prophesy can be fulfilled more than once and more than one way.
Prophesy can be fulfilled over and over, ever fuller.

But there is still just One True God.
How He works is a mystery.

God bless.

damian_marley

• Regular User
    • My Bebo
Re: What do rastas belive?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 08:18:13 PM »

varies greatly..... for example different houses will have different opinions

i dont know how much you know already but there are houses within Rastafari, ill name some of them i am sure ill end missing a couple though

1. Nyabhinghi ( Damian Marley's possibly bob's too have to check that )
2. Fulfilled Rastafari
3. 12 tribes of israel
4. Bobo Shanti

Look at each house and see the different beliefs but remember, each person will have differences as well, as not every person belongs to a house. In regards to HIM look around the forum each house also has different beliefs in how Selassie I works with the holy trinity and how divine he is e.g Prophet/Jah/Man e.g Fulfilled Rastfari see Jesus as opening the selas and the messiah for them selassie plays less of a role but Bobo Shanti  see him as the all powerful and they follow alot of the old Judaic rules form the Torah. 12 Tribes is very flexible , to my knowledge, they have alot of variation within their house, hence they are also the biggest. Bobo shanti is more one of the older houses with more archaic beliefe systems. Alot of them  " Bun fire pon rome " and stuff like that. Nyabhinghi i know less about you should ask someone who has been trodding longer than me i dont wanna give you wrong info. If u wanna reason more add me on msn or message me here . mojojojo11_5_92@hotmail.com

Bless

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.