« on: March 04, 2008, 04:59:37 AM »

i got em, how do i unget em?
Peace, Love, Inity

Brudda B

• Normal User
Re: lice
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:50:56 AM »

Irie Maorilion

I found this website awhile back after I had lice myself and after I had shaved my locks off...Check it out lots of different methods to get rid of lice,dont know if they work but gotta try,better than itching the fuck out of your head or having lice fall into your soup!!

www.dreadheadhq.com/make_dreadlocks_tipstricks_bugs.php

I had a friend who got her man to pick every lice out of her hair by hand,it takes many many hours and is a bit mingin' for the person doing it...
Get them out now before you're infested brother!!

Best of luck bro ;D
Bless up
B

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 06:35:42 PM »

Hello Maorilion.

Lice. Ish.

We had those a few years ago.
The commercial delousing chemicals, while "natural" are natural neurotoxins. They work by disrupting the louse's neurotransmitters, and they'll disrupt yours too. I had already used them once before I learned this. The stuff on my head made me feel dizzy and weird. I do NOT recommend!!!!!

What we ended up doing (we recontracted lice several times from the same family) at the recommendation of my naturopath was soaking the head in mayonnaise- far less toxic than rubbing alcohol- wrapping for several hours (we slept in our wraps), then washing the hair and picking nits.

The mayonnaise has a couple of advantages, the biggest being that it is actually good for the hair and non-drying. Another is, should you be a poor person, mayo can be bought with food stamps or the equivalent.

You will have to also wash and DRY ON HIGH HEAT all of your bedding. Pillows too can at least go into the dryer.

You may have to resort to a spray for your furniture and car seats. All I can say is wear a mask of some kind and really respect the recommended "stay out of the area" times.

You will probably have to mayo and pick at least three or four times.
You will have to wash and dry your bedding and clean up your furniture just as much.

Salad oil, corn oil, and the like will NOT work. That was what the person who gave them to us was using, insisting it was effective until I pointed to live lice crawling out of her son's hair.

If you do resort to shaving (shudder) comfort yourself knowing the hair will grow back thicker and it will all be healthy new hair.

Even if the other people in your family do not have lice they should treat at least once, and even though it is embarrassing as all get-out (to some) tell your friends so they can check themselves. This will help prevent you getting reinfested as well.

If you have a microscope available it can be fun to check the bugs out. I used a microscope to see what I was combing out (my eyes aren't the best any more, I guess). This way I could tell for sure if the little bits of dandruff weren't really bug parts (they often were).

My father made a permanent slide out of one of my little brother's head lice. Too funny. we used to joke he was going to pull that out instead of the naked baby pictures so many parents use to embarrass their children when friends come over (not here...just some people do that).

Best to you with this, Maorilion. It will be a lot of work and the arms and fingers will tire.

Ah well. ;)

God bless.
Posted on: March 04, 2008, 06:31:28 pm
I forgot to say that if you have a blow dryer, heat your head and hair as hot as you can stand it as long as you can stand it with the mayo in. I would do that part just before washing. Also, you can do that in your dreads where you think the mayo cannot reach.

Or you could do the rubbing alcohol in the dreads and the mayo next to your scalp. but rubbing alcohol is toxic. I wouldn't put it on my head.

Also, it probably is not safe to blow dry rubbing alcohol.

It will take a LOT of mayonnaise.
Get the big jar.

God bless.

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 09:25:21 AM »

Oh Lord the lice problem!
My youngest has been infested many times! Not his year though! Funnily enough it was when i was visiting my parents in Australia that i visited an Apothecary in Noosa. He made up a great concoction on sight with many natural oils. The biggest one was lavender. Now i spray a mist of lavender oil in my childrens hair to keep them away. Supposedly they don't like the smell of lavender oil. Go figure (not sure if they can smell or not). Anyways it's worked for us. Visit someone who deals in oils. It was the best thing i ever did.
There is a post that i read either here or on another forum with a recipe to make your own oil. I will try and look for it and pass it on.

Rastamik

• Normal User
  • Be just and fear not
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 05:32:45 PM »

Greetings  There is a product sold in Australia called Nuetra-Lice.It is an oil which is applied to the scalp.Do it in the evening and wrap your locks and apply it again in the morning.Do this once a week for 3 weeks and you will have covered the period of their breeding cycle and should be all clear.   Jah Love   Rasta Mik.
Jah Live

MaoriLion

• Senior User
  • Love and praise for Jah RasTafarI
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 06:19:53 AM »

Bless,

I tried some vinegar/salt mix.. didn't work. I wish theyd just leave I alone!
Peace, Love, Inity

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 10:36:16 AM »

try a mixture of tea tree and neem oil in a carrier.. you can buy shampoos with a blend of oils including neem , lavender and tea tree from a natural remedies or health food store. that kills the little blighters in about ten minutes, but you have to remember that the eggs they lay will hatch after two or three days so you will have to repeat for a good couple of weeks...  but you can use the shampoo as your regular shampoo and it wont damage your hair, because they are actively good for the scalp, and can even help with a flaky scalp. it will help if you rinse in tea tree oil and water every time you wash your hair as lice hate the stuff.
my little angels are lice magnets,last year i had to cut off their dread as my oldest boy was so infested he had a separate colony of lice in EVERY DREAD..there were hundreds of them, completely invisible to the eye when i checked his head because they were not crawling on his scalp. so i use the shampoo every time i wash their hair, and i find that sometimes one or two dead lice will rinse out, cos i caught them early, but they have no major infestations anymore.

Queen J
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 02:08:44 AM »

get a bottle of Pure neem, and some good olive oil,
make a mixture of the two, and let your hair soak in it for a few hours,
if not a bucket of water with a load of salt in, like the dead sea,
Asht
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.