Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Jesus, Descendant of Solomon??  (Read 2264 times)

Julian

• Regular User
Jesus, Descendant of Solomon??
« on: March 05, 2008, 06:33:24 PM »

How is it possible he was i mean the seed is passed down through the male blood line but Jesus had no father. Mary was a Virgin? If he is not a descendant of Solomon how could he be the Messiah? All comments wanted:) I need answers :D

Jah Peace

natty threads

• Senior User
Re: Jesus, Descendant of Solomon??
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 09:34:30 PM »

Hey UKJay.

Jesus is of the line of David through His mother Mary.

The I needs a scripture reference though, yeah?

Give me a minute...
Posted on: March 05, 2008, 09:01:11 pm
Basically, Mary is also descended from David.
The genealogy given for Jesus in Luke 3:23-38 is that of Mary.
It is quite different from the genealogy given, for Joseph, in Matthew 1:16.

I googled "Mary mother of Jesus genealogy" and found this page...

http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/mary-motherofjesus.html

************************************************************************************************************
GENEALOGY

Mary was a direct descendant of King David which gave Jesus the right to ascend the Jewish throne, both through Mary and through adoption by his foster father, Joseph. Mary’s genealogy is supplied in Luke 3:23-38. Dr. Henry Morris explains the genealogy in Luke:

“Joseph was clearly the son of Jacob (Matthew 1:16, so this verse [Luke 3:23 - says “son of Heli”] should be understood to mean “son-in-law of Heli.” Thus, the genealogy of Christ in Luke is actually the genealogy of Mary, while Matthew gives that of Joseph. Actually, the word “son” is not in the original, so it would be legitimate to supply either “son” or “son-in-law” in this context. Since Matthew and Luke clearly record much common material, it is certain that neither one could unknowingly incorporate such a flagrant apparent mistake as the wrong genealogy in his record. As it is, however, the two genealogies show that both parents were descendants of David—Joseph through Solomon (Matthew 1:7-15), thus inheriting the legal right to the throne of David, and Mary through Nathan (Luke 3:23-31), her line thus carrying the seed of David, since Solomon’s line had been refused the throne because of Jechoniah’s sin” [Dr. Henry M. Morris, The Defender’s Study Bible, note for Luke 3:23 (Iowa Falls, Iowa: World Publishing, Inc., 1995).].

****************************************************************************************************************

I hope this helps clarify.

It seems to agree with what I learned recently about this, that the genealogies of each Mary and Joseph are given and that each descends from David.

There is a lot more on the page. I didn't get a chance to read it all.
It seemed very...ummm...grounded in actual scripture as opposed to speculative.

God bless,
Jennifer

Posted on: March 05, 2008, 09:17:17 pm
Except this... I don't know that this isn't speculative.
**************************************************************************************************
It appears that he was not genetically related to either Mary or Joseph, for both had an inherited sin nature. Jesus was sinless, and one may reasonably assume without genetic flaw, since he was to serve as the spotless and sacrificial Lamb of God.

Ever since the Creation, each subsequent life has been created at the moment of conception. Scientifically, the new entity begins at the moment the DNA of man and woman combine. This was not the case with Jesus. As a spirit and part of the Trinity, Jesus existed before the Creation of the world. In fact, John reveals that he is the Creator (John 1).

Furthermore, the physical body of Jesus as born in Bethlehem was clearly a special creation of God, placed in Mary’s womb. This is the biblical doctrine of the Virgin Birth.
****************************************************************************************************

And it goes on.
These are topics I don't spend much time contemplating: "trinity", whether Jesus was genetically related to either parent, exactly how He was conceived .

I don't know if the statements are assumptions people make or if they are actually directly based somehow on scripture.
As soon as people start mixing genetics and Jesus I go all fuzzy.
More than I want to think about.

How on earth could anyone know?

God bless.

Julian

• Regular User
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:45:26 PM »

Yeah but the seed of Solomon is passed through the male and Jesus had no father?

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 08:25:38 PM »

I've been confused by that too, because Judaism is supposed to be matrilineal, yet genealogies are always sire lines.

It didn't seem to bother Paul, and he was well-versed in scripture and all aspects of Judaic law.

That's all the help I can be, I'm afraid.

God bless.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 09:12:29 PM »

To answer this We must overstand the backwards nature of prophetic fulfillment and preordination. Jesus IS the root of David. His Essence is the divine bloodline which was established by HIMself before creation with fore knowledge as to the Jews place in creation.  Imemeber that He is Davids Greater son.

Blessed Love
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 03:57:55 AM »

Very provocative, Fiyah.
I haven't read Revelation recently.
Clearly an oversight.

I must admit that previously I had no overstanding of that side of the conversation.

Am researching right now.
Anything I post on the subject is only freshly formed.

It certainly reframes what I am looking at.
I have go back and reread posts with different eyes and mind behind them.

At least now I am feeling where some things are coming from and realize...well...

Let me look this over some more.

Have not been reading the Bible enough lately, clearly.

God bless.

Posted on: March 15, 2008, 03:31:28 am
To answer this We must overstand the backwards nature of prophetic fulfillment and preordination. Jesus IS the root of David. His Essence is the divine bloodline which was established by HIMself before creation with fore knowledge as to the Jews place in creation.  Imemeber that He is Davids Greater son.

Blessed Love

Yes yes yes.

Yes.

God bless.
Posted on: March 15, 2008, 03:32:34 am
Got here from thinking about mental compartmentalizing...

As Elijah I points out, the problems people have understanding the issue is that in this case too, The Son comes first.

In the same way I have to consider the Amen question...
And in the same way others have to consider the Truth in Jesus in spite of all believers having some group of misoverstandings about Him,

Or at the very least, seemingly incompatible ways of expressing the views...

So the problem isn't how to answer the question but rather how to frame the question so that the answer becomes more clear.

I need to think a while.

Bless up!

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 08:14:20 AM »

Revelation 3:14
14. These things saith the Amen(him that sent me), the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

This does not mean that Rastafari is a created being.
Posted on: March 15, 2008, 04:27:18 am
For while Amen may be the beginning and ruler of creation(as in the ruling principle within creation), JAH  was before and is creator of creation. I'm interested to how you think those quotes related to this reasoning and in seeing more versions of this passage since the topic seems pretty well changed. As for now that its worded as "the" Amen is not insignificant to me, This gets back to the distinction between things and names of sovereigns. It does not say "Amen" rules creation but "the amen". I and I do not call JAH, the JAH. I maintain that your Using "Amen Ra" to end your posts is suggesting reverence to "Amen" which if this is the case I would say that you are promoting paganism. The passage is further distinguished when it refers to "the amen" as "the ruler of gods creation", This implies some distintion between the creator of g-d's creation i.e g-d and "the amen" as a governing kingciple. I'd personally stand YHVH up against "Amen". When Christ say "Him that sent me" He's not referring to a seperate I that "sent Him", But he is speaking of the part of HIMself that was before creation. And illutrating his Omniscience and immutablility(like he said, "receive I receive HIM who sent me") The micro/macro indistinguishablity of the divine human realm. "HIM who sent me" is way to describe his premanifest yet omni present self.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 08:18:23 AM by ELIJAH I »

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 03:41:28 PM »

I'd don't know what u answering since I did not ask a question. Atrue don't get confuse with the different names but recognize the relation to Irit and Truth them have. All are not equal. The Ible version I am reading from sey: "To the angel of the Church of Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation." If you can provide a version that doesn't preface the word Amen with the, or a Bible that referes to Jahovia as "the" then I'd be more lenient. In this context I see the verse referring to "the Amen" as the same way as it does "the father" which seems to be supported by calling "the amen" the ruler of G-ds creation. Dont forget that the son was with the father at creation. Is Amen/Aten/Aton Icceptable nomenclature to refer to the divine? Of course, but there a higher orders. I just dont want the impression to be given that the "son" and the "Father" are seperate. Or that an "Amen Ra" diety created JAH. I do not forget that Judah and Egypt are not friendly in this regard. I'm still interested in how this relates to what we were talking about, not sure if you have the "time" though. Just disrupt and the damage is done.

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 06:36:38 PM »

isn't Selassie I related to David also?
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 03:52:37 PM »

YES!  Selassie absolutely is descended of David.
He is the true root of the lion of Judah through Solomon's relation with whom we call the Queen of Sheba.

Sheba's son was one of Solomon's few children and I believe the accounts that he was recognized as an heir by Solomon and renamed David after his grandfather.

Fiyah...I cannot go to the Greek just yet (relearning) but I believe that The Amen is the beginning of the Creation of God as in God's Creation...that God existed already and The Amen is the root of His Creation...That it is a genetive of possession not of origin.

Paganism is NOT semantics.
Paganism is worshiping man-made gods.
Man-made gods include real gods given attributes that they do not have.

Paganism ALSO includes worshiping any god not the One True God.
Just as one should not worship Jesus, the Son, one should not worship the Amen, the Root of Creation.

All of the Power and all of the Glory are God's and God's alone- YHWH. Jah. Yah. I AM.
That god.

Elijah I, absolutely that does not mean that "The Amen" as worshiped in Egypt created God.

YHWH makes it overly clear that HE is THE CREATOR.

BUT AGAIN don't get hung up on temporal vagaries.

It is not ours to place in time that which is timeless, without beginning and without end.

God is bigger than all of that.

Bless up.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.