Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Dreading Question - Help!  (Read 2583 times)

Jah-Sonic

• Young Mind
  • Normal User
  • Lover Not A Fighter
Dreading Question - Help!
« on: March 06, 2008, 10:09:36 AM »

Good morning everyone,

I just woke up, I waxed and positioned my hair 2 days ago for dreading, the second day was great (yesterday), but now it has become greasy. I know if i wash with water, the wax will come out and etc. Although to add, i did use just normal wax  :(, but is there a differeance?

Also, I was thinking, but i want to let it run by you, should i wear a wool hat or something over it as now and wash the hat everyday.
Need advice asap,

Love Matthew x
"It is not were you are from, it is were you are going"

boz :)

• Normal User
Re: Dreading Question - Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 12:53:22 PM »

Some wax is paraffin based which is a lubricant rather than a wax that would set, it is worth looking at the ingredients to see if I's wax has paraffin in. Perhaps I is putting too much wax on I's locks, I've read that a blob the size of an M&M is about right, presumably a chocolate one as peanut ones are big. It may interest I to know that I used to use wax and since I stopped my locks seem to have improved. A woolen tam would be a good idea, if the locks are already sectioned then you can rub the tam around I's head in a clockwise direction and it could make a difference.

I and I may have seen combs, hooks etc. that will get locks faster, but my favorite tool to use is patience. If you are meant to have locks then you will be blessed.

Peace :)

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:06:11 PM »

Why use wax anyways? Dreads are all about naturality, about being Ital, waxing your head is not the way to go Idren, let it dread natural, like it meant to, might take longer, dreads might not all look same size and such, but natural dreads is the only way to go Idren.. and if wearing a hat why wool? do the I realise the suffer the animals goes for the I get wool? would you like someone shaving you forcefully?

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 03:07:48 PM by Ras Saadon »
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

Jah-Sonic

• Young Mind
  • Normal User
  • Lover Not A Fighter
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 06:11:36 PM »

I have taken your advise on natural dreading, Ive washed my hair, the wax out and being good, i dont have to start over, the notting and twisting ive done has strangely stayed.

Also on animals, The animals are shaved in summer and etc. and even though they are shaved, they are kept warm (most farms i know). Dont get me wrong animal cruelty is wrong, But i do not judge this as cruelty because we are not hurting the animal, if anything in summer its giving them a much cooler temperature. I believe in keeping the animals and etc. harm free, but thing is, we humans are destructive creatures, everything we do (majourity) we harm the enviroment. The electricity used to make that post, has polluted the land in some way, same as mine, if you recieve electricity from a supplier, not your own powered windmill. But everything we do nowdays, its society i believe,we have grown through the ages taking more and more. The expectation of food for example, everything has to be packaged, has screwed everything up badly too. I bought a microphone for my music production just yesterday, and the packaging round that was horrible, so much plastic and foam. But point is, that i am making, is that we can only try our best to limit what we take, but still we are taking.

The world is were we all live, Jahs creation, just as valuable, just as precious as human and plant and animal alike. But we have to take to survive. We cut, pluck plants for food for vegetables, this i find is same as extracting wool.

Bless

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 07:59:36 PM »

InI remember an old post talking just about that, InI posted an article here describing how wool is extracted and its far from the pretty picture you desribe, its horrible and abusive, also you argument about everything InI do harm the world and InI can take what InI need to survive can be put to just about anything and its plain wrong and not true, the fact still remains that you dont need wool for survive, just like you dont need to eat meat, you got cotton&hemp which is far better and good for the environment then wool.

True many things InI do hurt the environment just like computers and more but its no reason to not try and to back, its a like a cig smoker saying "I already live in a city with polluted air so it doesnt matter if i smoke or not"..

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

• Normal User
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »

I see that although the way that farmers shave the sheep is cruel, but I ask Iself would it be cruel to not shave the sheep and allow them to overheat in the summer when their fleece would be too hot for the weather?

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 01:19:01 PM »

And let I ask you this Idren, what do you think they did in the nature? in the summer? jut die? no Idren, their wool is for insulation not heating, they also have certain ways to keep themself cool, InI can see this with I dogs, InI have two Alaskan Malamutes, a heavy furry dog and in the summer InI nah shave them, they just find ways to cool, like finding certain cool spots in the garden, sitting on mud ect` and they are never hot, besides the only reason sheep are so warm in these farms is because of the high population of animals which would have never happen in the wild and also because they are breed in a way which makes them much much more wooly then they should, which also causes them skin problems and more, and they are not shaved only in the summer, they are also shaved in the winter, do some research before talking, and dont be small minded and listen to Babylon crap, if on your milk box theres a picture of a happy cow nah mean that the cows are really happy..

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.

Jah-Sonic

• Young Mind
  • Normal User
  • Lover Not A Fighter
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 06:04:44 PM »

Im very sorry, but excuse me if i heard you wrong, i am small minded?

Just because a way of thinking is not of your own does not class it as 'Babylon'. Not everyone has the same views as you Ras Saddon and im sure you could respect this. In different countries, things are different. How can Babylon crap be able shaving sheep, this someone tell me, please define this for me, because to me this sounds ridiculous, same as your judgement on my post. But i would not class this as 'Babylon crap', i would class this as a simple disagreement.

Bless

Posted on: March 07, 2008, 05:55:01 pm
Also aswell, to prevent this from potentially getting ugly and etc. Id like to ask you kindly Ras Saddon to PM, and hopefully reason instead of passing up judgement of one another.

Off of that strange and fruitfull topic, Id like to talk about the subject at hand.

I have let my hair entangle more, through minor twisting and etc. and its seems to be going ok, I hope somebody could give any more tips and etc. this would be nice.

Bless!

• Normal User
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 08:53:43 PM »

@ Ras Saddon, seen :)

InI aren't sheep farmers so our knowledge of sheep is limited, so InI asked the question to know more about sheep, InI see this question as research. As InI walk through the countryside there is wool lying in bushes and stuff, obviously this wool has naturally been shed from the sheep. Is gathering this wool, dying it and giving it to somebody who can knit InI a tam small minded and 'Babylon crap' or is it making use of something that would otherwise lie in the bushes?

Bless :)

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »

It is not because it is different from what InI saw it is Babylon, it is because its hurting other living being for a reason that is not Ital, meaning Vital, necessary for living, Seen? InI raspect all ways&belief's as long as they nah hurt other, once the I hurt another living being for a non Ital reason InI will nah raspect the I or the I's ways.

This will not get ugly because InI will never&have never start callin names and such, if you will do that InI will just nah respond, quite simple.

InI aren't sheep farmers so our knowledge of sheep is limited, so InI asked the question to know more about sheep, InI see this question as research. As InI walk through the countryside there is wool lying in bushes and stuff, obviously this wool has naturally been shed from the sheep. Is gathering this wool, dying it and giving it to somebody who can knit InI a tam small minded and 'Babylon crap' or is it making use of something that would otherwise lie in the bushes?

InI assume it will be "ok" but Iman still nah overstand why people wanna use wool and not hemp or cotton, Jah has given InI so many different plants for so many different uses why not use them instead..
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 02:06:27 PM by Ras Saadon »

• Normal User
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 11:40:59 AM »

InI suggested wool because InI read that rubbing Iman's locks in a clockwise motion helps them go natty, InI currently wearing a cotton wrap however, so it's not all wool.

Peace :)

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 08:45:04 AM »

And why does the I want to "help" them go natty? what does dreadlocks means to you Idren?

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 04:24:02 PM »

Greetings,

Ras Saadon, not to argue, but wool is a wonder fiber.
I LOVE my wool clothing that I have, and here in Alaska you'll have a hard time convincing me anything short of fur would approach wool for useful necessity as a natural fiber.

I don't think it's that easy to break down the cruelty.
Obviously directly deliberate factory farming sheep for wool is probably fraught with abuses, possibly even on scale with beef and chicken production. There are, however, such severe environmental degradations from synthetic fiber production. Even worse, COTTON, the queen of fibers, has been farmed so unconscientiously that it is tearing landscapes apart and making areas so toxic that no animals can live there.

http://www.ota.com/organic/environment/cotton_environment.html

Malamutes have a wooly undercoat that is almost completely shed summers.
They don't usually get shaved, but these "Alaska" dogs, huskies, Malamutes, Samoyeds, et c., are prone to ear fungus when kept in warmer climates.

When people use dog hair for fiber projects it is usually this wooly undercoat, carefully groomed out and sometimes collected loose, that is used. I have known people to make crochet dogs out of the dog's own hair. I think that's pretty cool.

I had a husky in Oregon, and almost every summer she would get an ear fungus.
The vet said it was quite common, that these dogs are not designed for warmer weather.

It is too true that sheep have been overbred, for thousands of years, to produce wool.
They are actually quite hot in the summers, even in Alaska, if they are not shorn.

I know absolutely nothing of commercial wool production, none at all, only of local artisans, somewhat, and of sheep as other people's pets (one of my sons wanted a pet sheep a few years ago so we researched).

Sheep's wool will just keep growing longer and thicker. Anyone else remember that New Zealand sheep, "Shrek", that was in the news a while back? He hadn't been shorn for several years.  The poor guy ended up with 60 pounds of wool.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3665735.stm

I don't know one way or the other what is or isn't Ital as far as wool goes.
I cannot imagine loose wool collected is anything but a gift from God and I have a hard time seeing how wool groomed from an animal or shorn from a pet or small flock is cruelly produced.

I know my Ras friends many years ago had no problem with wool, but they also ate meat occasionally and most of them drank.
Kind of reminded me of my Muslim friend eating ham omelets and drinking wine.
"It is okay in America."

Bless up. ;)

toshIte

• Senior User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 01:57:28 PM »

Why not just leave the hair to grow and lock in its own time? Isn't that the rasta way? All this talk of 'wax' and 'setting'  ....................

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.