Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Ganja Names  (Read 21434 times)

Rasbonez

Ganja Names
« on: September 09, 2004, 06:59:53 AM »

Ive heard a lot of different names for different types of weed. Where I from, people call brown not so potent weed bammer, chocolate, or stress. The call green bud chronic, dozia, indoe or KGB. If the bud has purple hairs, its purple haze. If its got white hairs they call it white widow. There's weed called skunk, because it smells like skunk, and there's weed called catpiss(guess why :-X). There are many different types of marijuana breeds for us to enjoy. I was wondering does anyone know or have heard of any others?

ThinkingTree

Re: Ganja Names
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 07:31:37 AM »

well Chronic is a mix of cocaine and ganja not just ganja, and the is aurora lights, KB(crystal hydrated), indigo, indoe, maize, high life Hawaii and Arctic ice (another plant sportin some hydrate crystals)

Peace for the People

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 06:38:17 PM »

Thinking Tree, you are so wrong friend. The Chronic isn't ganja mixed with coke, it's an actual strain that was developed a long time ago. There are two things, slang that's used to describe the herb and the actual name of the strain (we call weed and coke "Cocoa Puffs"). There are thousands upon thousands of strains. I've smoked Chocolate Thai, Champagne Lime, Northern Lights #5 (#5 refers to the 5th strain developed of the Northern Lights persuasion), Purple Indica, Haze and more. Also, there are 3 main types of marijuana; 1. Indica (which most likely originated in India and the Hindu Kush mountains) The indica is a short plant with broad leaves (fat fingers) and very dense flower clusters. The indica plant usually flowers for 2 months after growing vegetatively for 1 month. 2. Sativa. (most likely originated in Jamaica and other hot, hot regions with hot winters). Sativa's include Lamb's Bread (Bob Marley's favorite strain). Sativa's flower for 3 to 6 months after growing vegetatively. (Pure sativa's are hard to grow indoors where pure indica's are easy). 3. Ruderalis. This is essentially hemp. It's used for its super short flowering time and fibrous, strong stalks.

All three of these types of herb are cross bred to form new strains. If you want to look at a good list of strains, go to www.emeryseeds.com

One.

Jah Bless.

Banjo

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 09:53:56 PM »

some types of ganja are Silver Haze, K2, Orange Bud, DD, Citral, T44, Winter
Koning, Northern lights, Kali Mist, Grey mist, Himilayan Gold, White Rhino,
Swazi, Mongolian Indica, Abdel Krim, and AFG-Widow ;)

rise up
Jah Glory

bporcher

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 09:34:41 PM »

i just got some last week. its called " purple indigo" and i know the guy that grows it, he lives on saltspring, and its PURPLE. i guess its just the kind of plant cuz he doesnt dye it but its purple and its covered in red hair. it barely smells but its really potent and it goes down relaly easy. dont know why its so good.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 07:58:56 PM »

bporcher: are you sure it's not purple indica? I've heard of purple indica but not indigo. (I could be wrong, there's millions of different strains) A strain of Ganja will turn purple based on two things: 1. Genetics (if the plants genetic make up includes a bit of purple color) and 2. Temperature (When a plant is budding or flowering, if you lower the temperature a little, it will encourage the plant to turn purple).

One.

Jah Bless.

staci

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 08:53:13 PM »

chooshe (spell check) from california.  they told me when i visited that its like dirt weed to me back in texas.  in texas there isnt much varity.  When we get a hold of the goods its usually just called plain old hydro which is hydroponically grown marijuana or maybe the sellers just dont care to push the names on people. although sometimes it has names.  White widow was mentioned earlier and i have a friend who gets the poop. and it is sweet. ;) :)

EmpressGong

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 05:42:36 AM »

well in Barbados!! we refer to ganja as weed or herb and there is VINCI WEED or JAM..Vinci is from the island of St.VIncent, and JAM is what we call our very favourite Jamaican weed.. so see? the caribbean got out own lil thing goin on...sometimes u get Colombian weed there...we dont go all indepth with the names like u do we just say where it come from in the name...this is from a girl's perspective..;)

RasRaulik

• Senior User
  • Truth is the light, so you can't give up the fight
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 11:36:05 PM »

I call it I-shence, Herb or skunk if it is a hybrid.
Truth is the light, so you can't give up the fight!!!

bporcher

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 01:58:20 AM »

anyone here tried white widow? its voted best in the world. and it has 20% THC. from what i know, normal good stuff has about 4%

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 02:23:27 AM »

bporcher. yes, I've smoked white widow and white widow hash and white widow bubble hash. It is one of the better medicinal strains but you have to realize when something gets voted the best, that's a few people's opinions.

As far as THC percentages; In the 70's most herb had a THC content of about 7-10% THC. Nowadays, (depending on where you live) herb has an average THC content of 15-23%. One of the highest THC contents is in AK-47 with about 24% THC.

Remember, high THC content doesn't necessarily mean that it's good herb. The "high" or "head" you get is based on a balance of THC's and CBD's. (tetrahydracannibinol and cannibinoids). Certain CBD's account for your "munchies" or how tired the herb makes you. Certain THC's can make the herb more "couch lock" or more physically stimulating. The overall effect of the herb is based on the balance of these THC's and CBD's. Therefore, the best herb is whatever is best for you. For some people white widow doesn't work at all for their medical condition whereas AK-47 helps (or some other type.)

But I do enjoy the White Widow. Excellent "head" and very medicinal, also when made into hash, it is fantastic.

One.

Jah bless.

rasbongo

• Senior User
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 02:57:47 AM »

well weel ini lost in all the names,

ini never smoked or intend to start now, but i like a line in a song i heard b4
quater pound of ishen.

smoke the herb.

sponger_mann

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 07:27:48 PM »

Here in south Florida we get all different types of 'erb. We get it from Carribean, up north(New York, Canada), and South America. Those are most popular places. Here we got Dank, Chronic, Cripy, Indo, Hydro, Mids, Regs, and Stress. All keep me high, so it dont matter what best.

Pura Vita

fareye

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 10:09:40 PM »

The BEST weed I ever smoked was Malawi Gold (obviously from Malawi) and then the second best weed I ever smoked was the Vincy weed. How I miss the good stuff......
M-Dub-u seem to know a lot about the herbs.  Keep learning so you can share the knowlege.

One

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 02:43:35 AM »

fareye. blessings. you humble me very much. I will keep reading and expanding my knowledge of this mysterious and wondrous plant.

One love.

Jah bless. [smiley=smiley.gif]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.