Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Kingston Jamaica  (Read 2317 times)

damian_marley

• Regular User
    • My Bebo
Kingston Jamaica
« on: April 15, 2008, 12:05:48 AM »

ok so here's the deal....i'd be interested in visiting there in some years time just to soak up the vibe but is it as bad/dangerous to visit as people make out, just wanted to get sum info fromm people who have experience, cos we know the media lie......

Bless up

Selassie I Guide

empress_mimi

• Full User
  • forward unto zion
Re: Kingston Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 06:49:56 PM »

well mi bredrin, they have had almost 500 hundred murders for the year so far in jamaica so what do you think ;)
one love mi idrin

damian_marley

• Regular User
    • My Bebo
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 08:11:37 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o sad to hear

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 11:28:01 AM »

My family and I travel to Jamaica every Christmas now for 5-6 years.  We absolutely love the people and culture!  We've not travelled to Kingston to check it out yet because of the crime levels.  But we take our daughters 12 & 13 with us each time and feel absolutely safe and comfortable flying into Montego Bay.  We then head out of town along the coast to Port Antonio to spend the entire vacation. 

The vibes in Jamaica are very laid back and addictive; so peaceful.  It draws us back every year.  Would love to retire and live there in about 6 years time.  Bless up!

empress_mimi

• Full User
  • forward unto zion
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 04:58:19 PM »

i was there also in September of '07 with my baby all of my children have been i quite like it but  i can not ignore the facts,i believe most of the violence is in kingston,haven't been there since'05 beautiful country, beautiful island but there needs to be some changes :(
one love mi idrin

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 10:22:55 AM »

I so agree, there needs to be changes made to this poor island!  It is so beautiful but I fear the government is greedy and doesn't give back to the community with all those taxes they take from them.  Very sad..

Interested In Irating

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 07:25:11 PM »

Kingston, Imaica are di one idren!

Yuh dun kno when I got there - I had iriginally arranged to stay at the Marriot Suits in Montego Bay. A local Rasta named Ras Strawberry said, "Rasta nah deal with Montego," and that I must go to Spanish Town. I left & he stayed...Elton John him a like betta or suppem.

In Spanish Town, I was tied up by a Ras named Spike, who said he had to borrow my money & all belongings for repatriation to Ifrica. The actual tying came when I put a fist up and said, "Black over white, RAAAAAAAAAASTAFARI!"

When I got out, I had no money, so a large European gal drove me to the ites of Negril for free. All I had to do was put on a dread wig for the night & say my name was Errol. JAHHHHH!

In Negril I became friends with people like Prophet Rasta Daniel & ites muscians like Jah Bless. We smoked ganja & strummed guitars until I got a call from the firm back in I.Y.C. I had to go bra.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTAFARI

PS: Who is Luciano?

Peace_Loving

• Regular User
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 01:02:13 PM »

Interested In Irating, Bless up!!

Love, love, Jamaica!

Luciano is a rasta musician with beautiful music and messages.  He is Jamaican and has done many tours in the States and I think, also, in Europe.

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 23 queries.