Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Jah Shaka this Saturday 29th March - London  (Read 1345 times)

Molliebaz

• Full User
  • One Love
Jah Shaka this Saturday 29th March - London
« on: March 28, 2008, 10:00:46 AM »

Anybody in the vicinity of Wembley, London.  It is worth travelling to the all night event run by Jah Shaka.  Check out the web.  myspace.com/culturepromotionsuk.

I will be going along with Dread - hey all power to the over 50's- through the inspiration of Jah music hopefully we will stay on our feet all night !!!!

CULTURE PROMOTIONS PRESENTS

THE ORIGINAL Z U L U   W A R R I O R

THE MIGHTY JAH SHAKA SOUND SYSTEM IN SESSION

In the month of Benjamin   

SATURDAY MARCH 29 2008

10pm 6am

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
Re: Jah Shaka this Saturday 29th March - London
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 04:08:57 PM »

be there with bells on!!

(not literally)

Queen j
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Brudda B

• Normal User
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 07:13:18 PM »

Give Praises

Jah Shaka Is A Legend

Would love to be going to this gig!!! :(

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 05:35:13 PM »

Bless up family,

the dance was Wicked!!
we got there about 2 am, after fighting with mollie for about an hour while she refused to let me tie her wrap, stuck her hands where they were not wanted while i was trying to tie it,then pulled it off after i had tied it about 3 times, and then accused me of pushing her off the bed when in fact, what actually happened was, she was trying to simultaneously slide down the bed in an effort to get away from me, and stick her hands all over the wrap i had just tied.. as a result, she slipped off, then proceeded to accuse me of pushing her. i told her not to bear false witness, to which she replied "there were no witnesses", after which i promptly retorted "prove i pushed you then".

but, eventually, after many arguments, me forgetting the spliff i was smoking and returning to the house just as we were leaving, and mollie and dread engaging in verbal fisticuffs all the way to wembley, we finally arrived. the charge on the door was 20 english pounds, which seems steep till you actually get inside.. besides, dread very kindly paid for me, though i did offer to give him the money.
there must have been three thousand people there.. it was amazing. all those people.. all believing the same as i believe , loving the same Jah i love, all in one place. i havent felt that sort of Inity since i went to dance as a teenager, some 20 odd years ago. we danced till morning, poor mollies feet did suffer though , as she in her wisdom had bought new shoes and decided she could break them in the same night. i did try to warn her, but as we have established that she does not know how to do as she is told, she took absolutely no notice of me. so serve her right, i say!!
i was sensible enough to wear my trainers, so i still felt able to dance by the time the dance finished. as we were leaving, there was no fussing and fighting, everyone left peacefully and respectfully with no incidents. we arrived back at the house at 7.30 am, and i went to bed soon after eating some toast, but mollie and dread stayed up and had a breakfast of eggs beans, fried plantain and toast. must make you hungry , all that bickering!

so that was my first Jah Shaka dance. would i go again? try stopping me!!!

RasTafari

Queen J

Molliebaz

• Full User
  • One Love
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 11:54:51 AM »

She pushed me !!!!!  Honestly, and me being a feeble woman in her 50's.  I went flying off the end of my bed after a hefty shove from Joanna.  Luckily no bruising, no bones broken and being very sedate I did not retaliate.  Dread did say that he neither heard the offending fall nor felt the shockwave, and was inclined to believe Joanna as there was nothing on the news about a tidal wave occuring anywhere in the world as a result of the tremor.

It was a huge venue, and as Joanna said, about 3000 people.  So many Rastas, and of all nationalities.  People of all origins dancing to the same tunes.  Give thanks and praises for the oneness.

Despite the warnings from Joanna about my new shoes ( bought earlier that afternoon and I have to admit they cut into my feet and I was in pain but I was determined to wear them ) I managed to stay on my feet and danced till daylight.   There was no pushing and shoving,  everybody waited patiently for their coats ( we were right by the cloakroom ).  Women were chatting to each other in the queue for the toilets.  Within about 10 minutes of the lights going on, everybody left the venue in a polite manner.  At that time in the morning the roads were clear, but the only other cars we passed on the way home were being driven by Rastas in their red gold and green.  It's a wonderful vibe to feel part of the same community.

Jah Shaka plays his original dubs.  There was a stall selling merchandise,  Jah Shaka CD's, DVD's  T - Shirts etc.   There is a no smoking policy in U.K. but I noticed a discreet haze and the beautiful aroma of the holy herb. 

It was a truly uplifting night.  Can't wait for the next one - and I would even meet my sister Joanna  and take her along - despite her violent tendencies - and I will even let her play style guru.  Huh,  new shoes !!!!

Blessed love Joanna,  it was a joy to share this occasion with you.

One Love.  Molliebaz

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 12:51:18 PM »

Jah sees everything, Mollie, and He knows that i am innocent, and that you are guilty of a barefaced lie!!

i did shout at her though, but not loud enough to knock her off the bed!!

and as for feeble.. its not you with a stitch in your backside is it? i COULDNT push you off the bed, even if i had wanted to!!

Queen J

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.