Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Old Testament vs New Testament  (Read 5753 times)

RubADubDub

• Standard User
  • hmmmm
Old Testament vs New Testament
« on: April 01, 2008, 01:19:00 AM »

Hey all. I went out recently and purchased what I consider MY first bible and that of my family's (my girl and I are due in late May/early June..Gemini like me!). It is a Bible from the 20's translated from the Hebrew Old Testament by some Jewish scholars in NY. Anyways... it is strictly Old Testament being a Jewish publication... and after reading upon it for some time I went and started reading some New Testament. It seems to me more than ever  that in the OT, men and women were all children of God... yet in the NT, things switched and now Christ is the only child of God and we are all children of Christ. This has been disturbing me a little since it has never been so clear to me the obvious shift of doctrine (all the Bible's I've had up to this point have been either KJV or NIV... where it seems they try to blur the lines between OT and NT). Anyways, I was just wondering how all you feel about what I'm thinkin. Let me preface your responses by sayin I'm not a Ras, nor am I Christian or follower of any set faith (not that Ras is a ism of the sorts Christianity is).

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
Re: Old Testament vs New Testament
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 03:41:30 AM »

I sight it. Iverything changed. But its sealed, meaning JAH have foreknowledge of all. So CHRIST come but within the Iternal Plan of the Almighty, Nothing Changed. Its the Free Will Illusion Question.  Bless
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 03:56:41 AM »

PLEASE read the Bible, OT, NT, Torah, all of it, with the mind that "Love one another as I have loved you. This is the Law and the Prophets" in mind.

It took me a long time, but now I see that the OT and the NT are exactly the same.

ALL of the apostles were Jews and good Jews at that. They ALL respected Yah and they ALL loved Him above all else.
NONE supposed that Jesus should ever take the place of God any more than Abraham (OOPS- that pesky Brahma thing), Isaac, or Jacob should, any more than Gabriel or Michael should.

JESUS was here to get people to follow the Torah.

If they were all children of God how did the sons of God marry the daughters of men leading to the Flood?

The OT is the story of God's chosen people, the Israelites.

Jesus, the Living Word of God- the Logos, is the only begotten Son of God.
Jesus is also the rock Moses struck for water in the desert and the Amen in Revelation- the root of all Creation.

We are NOT the children of God.
We are a creation of God MADE in His image.

I don't read that we are children of Christ in the NT.

We are children with respect to truth- we don't know much and aren't capable of much understanding, for the most part.

We are completed in Christ- that is what "perfect" means in the bible- it means "complete"- nothing more nothing less.

The whole "Children of Christ" thing seems to me to be a new agey spin on what the Bible is really trying to say, another one of those pagan lies that insinuates itself into Christianity.

surfmon_I

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 05:48:33 AM »

>>> Its the Free Will Illusion Question.<<<
 Bredren Elijah, could the I please expand on this?.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 02:59:32 PM »

Your questioning things such as this RubAdub is good, questioning things inside is valuable to ones strength, you will get only ones view on here as they see it or fear it im afraid. You will get a christian view by those who are christian and a Distinction view by those who see a distinction of two different books. So my advice to you is question it deep inside and eventually you will come to or find an answer that best feels right to you. If you ask 5 people you will more than likely get 5 different responses so my best advice is to answer it inside yourself and not worry what others think of it, it doesn't matter anyway what they think, only what you think. Take care.

Imanvex

• Normal User
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 02:34:19 PM »

natty threads ur are on point u are right

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 06:03:45 PM »

BLESSED Love.
Iman totally agree with you.
In the Tanakh (Old Testament) we are learning that man and woman are HUMANKIND. But that men should wear head covering while praying etc.
In the New Testament, it is said that a man, who prays with head covering, prays in shame. And a woman who doesn't pray with head covering prays in shame. That's just false and wrong teaching. If one says this, He also says that Moses, and all the people of Israel, didn't overstand the law right.

Personally I don't like Paul. Not only because I'm not christian, also because He brakes down the early christianity and babylonize it, makes it evil. He started the christian antisemitism as well.

FYAH bun ignorance and false teaching.
Respect unto all conscious and righteous "nazarene" christians.
ONE.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 07:13:11 PM »

What I'm talking about free will/illusion it that prophetically everything is preordained. The important thing to realize here is that I and I read the New Testament in a post apocalyptic world. Iverything we know about the Bible must align with the truth that Rastafari is Christ. So what Paul was dealing with in those times is relative to what I and I know about These times. In those times it was a shame for men to cover the head and women not. But Now We see that Judah Conquer. The Ancient of Days come to correct the order like it was in the beginning. The time of the gentiles was predestined. Pauls teaching was correct relative to the fufillment of JAH's plan but not ultimate.

RubADubDub

• Standard User
  • hmmmm
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 03:11:55 AM »

Natty threads - you mentioning "in His image" brings up another question I have... what is your definition of "in His image"? Also, what is the difference in your mind between being children of God, and being made in "His image"? My interpretation of the in His image thing is that we are His children, and even more, we are Him. Not fully or individually, but collectively and positively.

Ras Adam

• Senior User
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 03:24:41 PM »

Brother Elijah
Iman overstand what you say, but still.
It has never been part of JAH plan to get jews down.
And it is never okay, to not cover the head when praying..
Just my opinion.

BLESSED ONENESS

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 05:44:02 PM »

It has never been part of JAH plan to get jews down.
And it is never okay, to not cover the head when praying..

No? But you yourself said JAH put the jews in slavery in Babylon for their sin. Now we see that the Holocaust was like one big crucifiction. LOL. Only through two thousand years of exile is the plan complete. Jews and the Jewish essence of Christianity had to be rejected until Selassie came.  When Paul say it was a shame for man to cover the head he was speaking of societies perception of dat.  Its a mitzvah to cover the head but the higher law overcome all. But u still working with an OT perspective so i dont expect u to agree, Its just nice to know someone is listening.

Imanvex

• Normal User
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 02:19:06 PM »

RESPECT TO RAS ADAMS but as ur brother ur going off, when u read in the old testament about a man covering up his head THAT WAS ONLY FOR THE PRIESTS, so the levi preists had to cover up their head
because they are not aloud to show their head when praying or prophecying, when we who are NOT levi
priests, WE ARE NOT ALoud to cover our HEAD as men, because we are NOT PRIESTS, i hope that helped
you and u didnt take no disrespect, can any tell me how to take dwn dis blaasted womans picture of my
page and replace it?
Posted on: April 04, 2008, 01:55:00 pm
and when the preists cover up their head it aint no damme little thing wat looks like a plait on their head
like dem "so called" jews they wraped their head properly with a turban like capleton or sizzla, coz dem
so called jews aint the real jews their imposters, the, real jews are BLACK

Jeremiah 14 vs 2 JUDAH mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are BLACK unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up.
lamentations 5 vs 10 Our skin was BLACK like an oven because of the terrible famine.
Revelation 1 vs 11The Revelation of Jesus Christ (Yahawashi Mashayach) vs 14 His head and his hairs were white like WOOL (he had white wooly hair like all old black men), as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;  15And his FEET like unto fine brass (brass is brown), as if they BURNED in a FURNACE (he was very dark skinned)
lets look at what god (Yahawah looks like) Daniel 7 vs 9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the THE HAIR OF HIS HEAD LIKE THE PURE WOOL (black man hair texture) so who are these fake jews then who are not black
Revelations 2 vs 9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (because of the slavery and everything) but thou art rich (because the kingdom of heaven is ours) and I know the BLASHPEMY (wicked lie) of them WHICH SAY THEY ARE JEWS (white jewish wannabe) AND ARE NOT, but are the synagogue of SATAN.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »

Why do the heathen vex and imagine a vain thing?

Ras Adam

• Senior User
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 04:40:41 PM »

Yes I Respect Elijah I.
If Holocaust was JAH works, well, then He didn't destroy us all, so in any cases, He don't want us to fade away. Respect brethren.
--------------------------

@Imanvex:  Sorry, but maybe you need some help, not I...
The reason that it is a mitzvah in tradition, is that in the torah we hear about Moses. When He speak with Adonai, He covers his head in "fear" - Respect.
Just go on and call us jews impostors and all that, it doesn't change us. As long as you don't promote antisemitism I'm all right.
I don't know if you know, but there is many different "races" of jews.. Blacks, whites, reds - so on.
There is some Iriginal jews in Ithiopia, for example.
Please don't teach me about Judaism and head covering, bredrin.. ;)
Sometimes I think it could be very good for Christians to read the Talmud.. That is wisdom.
About the "real jews are black"-talk, Ive got some things to say:
Yes I, some jews are black, and maybe they wrote some of the scriptures. And look at all religious sects and ism's. They search the Ible to find a truth, that fits them self. That is dangerous. KKK also uses the New Testament to show that Jesus was/is white... And so on.. Good to keep in mind.

And one more thing - Iman don't hate Satan. But we are not the synagogue of him. We accept him as what He is - the accuser. JAH the judge.
Always remember, jews can't be convinced by NT-scripture, as long as we are traditional orthodox jews.
Blessed Love - Oneness
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 04:45:46 PM by Ras Adam »

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 05:06:30 PM »

"As long as he don't promote anti-semitism" wha?

What do you think all this is? I see the "funny little jew boy" having a peek. The real question is what does any of this have to do with Jamaica? Propaganda and black nationalism. Its always the "white wannabe jews" that all these "rasta's" love to hate on. And every one just sits around and twiddles their thumbs. Its all bullshit hype. Their "knowledge" is racist speculation. They premising Iblical law on sizzla and capelton, This is seriously the level these people are on. But when the truth comes down they end up back in the congo west africa worshiping blocks of wood.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 22 queries.