Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Finding or Being Found.....  (Read 2346 times)

quizzicali

Finding or Being Found.....
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:09:12 PM »

I'm interested in whether people feel they found faith or it found them them?

I ask because I questioned all for a good couple of years, the book, the lyrics, friends and more. . . . . . .  essentially opposed to religion in any form.  Despite this, at a time when there was no comfort to be found in my life, I felt a comfort so tangible it took me by surprise.  And, furthermore, it's source seemed indescribably familiar to me.

So, I wonder why I became so interested. . . albeit in opposition. . . in the first place, years ago, if it wasn't an unseen but felt guidance, steering me to learn a little of what was to come? For me, not a religion I sought to find but a gift of faith.

;) ;)

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
Re: Finding or Being Found.....
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »

Bless up,

i think that faith finds you, or in my experience anyway.

Faith has absolutely nothing to do with religion, it is a completely separate thing,
you can be raised in a religion all your life and never FEEL the truth of it.. religion is merely a set of guidelines that hold a community of like-minded people together, to varying degrees.

i did not look for Jah, merely stumbled across him, and i experienced that same sense of comfort right out of the blue that you describe. for me it was like a physical blow, completely unexpected, and quite literally rocked me to the core.. i still remember how it felt, some 25 years later... i was 15 at the time, and now and then it still surprises me, when i see or hear something that reminds me how Great is Jah.. a sunset, or evidence of a parents  love for their child on the street, a random kindness from a stranger, or a song that says exactly how thankful i am for the small blessings i have.
 all these things are faith, the unshakeable belief that God is good,that He loves his Children, regardless of your personal circumstances. something that cannot be taught, chased after or acquired.. it comes from you, and only when you have your own personal connection with Jah, unconditionally, can you say you truly have faith.

Be blessed,

Queen J
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:27:31 PM »

But were you looking for something at all?

Quizzicali, I am not ignoring your question.

It is thinking around in my mind.

Bless up.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 11:10:55 AM »

I think it is not such a question of being called but of choosing.....
and yet...the sheer terror and loneliness I felt seemed to propel I toward RastaFarI/Christ/Consciousness
I definitely have felt a "gentle force" a "guiding vast hand" a very real tangible experience of the Truth that I and I speak of......I could never have imagined tho, that this would happen, as earlier in I life I was busier rejecting and escaping, resisting and witholding, still everything that I experienced lead I to the love of loves, the peace of peace and the taking hands with His SoulJahs of Mercy and sanity whereeva I was directed...to Me His Majesty embodies the Comforter ina way that I needed so badly, for I was a very damaged soul, broken and bruised on every level, so it is a miracle, here I am, still alive, was given a death sentance by a policeman at age 16 "you'll be dead within two years", I am not incarerated in either a mental asylum nor jail... I have a Kingman of 18 yr partnership whom I completely trust and adore, we have 7 adorable children.......
I think I just said yes to love.....when the One who loves all gave I an offering of unconditional love and grace, I simply allowed Iself to believe it could be true, and never gave up on living that.....so when one opens up, it happens naturally, it is just a birthright, designed to facilitate the growth of Heart awareness and the getting of wisdom.....a question of do I have the courage to truly live life at a deeper level, dig deeper to give more and more, not really being content unless yah know yah living up for the Most High....and then stretching further, opening more and being in total gratitude for the opportunity......in every moment we are able to open, let go, give thanks, give and be given to...so it is a two-way thing.....
Jah Bless
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 01:06:06 PM »

Bless up Sistah Nyah

I get what you mean completely.. I spent years running ,hiding, hating,denying the existence of Jah sometime after He first revealed Himself to I,because RasTafari seemed to be so Alien, and couldn't possibly be the right path for me, with my European bloodline.. this is what i was told by peers, parents and teachers.. I have touched briefly on this before in other threads. i was just told it was because i wanted to be black.. what a load of tosh, because the whole point of Rastafari is to know where you come from..still..in my defense, it was the 80's and Rastafari was still quite an exotic thing then in England.. there were certainly no white Dreads where i come from.. there are only 3 of us now, in fact.
I practiced for about 4 years then let myself hear what i was being told and lapsed,not strong enough at the time to stand up for my beliefs, but instead, went looking for the same sense of truth wherever else i thought i could find it.. spiritualism,false gods, paganism, men, booze, soft drugs, food...everywhere but my own heart, which was Ras, no matter what else i thought i could replace it with.
eventually i got to a point where i had no fight left in me, too many tears, so much mistrust in human nature and self-hatred, a couple of nervous breakdowns and 3 fatherless children later... and an incurable disease that was probably caused by years of self harm both physically and emotionally... they say Chron's is triggered by stress in a lot of cases.

Thank Jah he smote me with this horrible illness!!!  Every single day i thank the Almighty for that , even though i have pain, and fatigue and know it will probably kill me slowly, as my innards consume themselves.. It really was what i needed to make me re-evaluate my priorities.. what a JOY to surrender finally to my Father, to hold out my hands and say  I am ready to listen, and to love, to do as you ask, to be better in my thoughts and my deeds.

So, to surmise, i thought at the time that the choice was mine, but it really wasn't, for all the years i railed against Jah caused me nothing but heartache and left a great gaping hole where my soul should have been. it was only when i stopped and listened to His voice inside me, that i found the thing i had been searching for was never missing  at all. I could never go back to the way my life was, for Jah is what i am. by that i dont mean that i think i am God, i mean that He is so a part of me that he is in my very fabric , i could not exist without His love, His guidance, his fatherly care. Jah is in every breath i take.. I would be wretched if i could not praise HIM, i WAS wretched.. and that's my point. i am HIM and He is me, so entwined so that i dont know where i end and He begins...

Queen J

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 12:58:58 AM »

Bless sistah Yes!!!!!!
Still I struggle with some carnal habits and body limitations too,
We all need Spiritual support
and the burdens can be heavy, heavy, heavy
there is great strength to be drawn from His Majesties Light and Life
and the work to be done is huge so I think all can find their place doing it
Sistah Jo, has the I tried eating Hash Oil for yah condition?
please check the movie I left in livity "Run From The Cure"
 Let Jah's Mercy extend deeper into yah body
One love and Blessings
Nyah I
www.earthreggae.com

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 11:05:53 AM »

No sistah,
i wouldnt even know where to get it from, although my meds consultant has said that THC can be a great benefit to my condition for its anti inflammatory properties.. i do find that if i smoke i have fewer problems, but i cant smoke every day because of the nature of my job.. .. i wish i could find a drug that would send me into remission, the immuno suppressants do nothing to control the immune system like they should, and they leave me tired and depressed and make surgery really difficult to heal.. nearly 3 months has passed and my surgical wound is a raw as the day it was done. i dont want to take steroids as i'm already built like an out-house.. so a case of more MRI's and more drugs and more surgery. joy.
if i eat hash oil, will it make affect me the way smoke does? i take codeine and morphine for pain as it is, but i cant take it before work as it affects my judgement, (cos Im sh*t- faced) and if i take too much i get that crawly- bug feeling under my skin,which i hate... but it only takes the edge off the pain, so is really quite ineffective. a good smoke will take it away, and i wont be stoned as it seems to just go to the pain receptors and nowhere else. but if my boss smells it on me, i 'll get the sack, and i wont be able to get another job in the same line of work, cos i work with kids.
so yeah, would truly love an alternative... will check it out.

Be blessed,
Queen J

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 12:50:30 PM »

eating it is so much more effective medicinally
I don't find it affects my thinking, other than making me feel a lot more positive, coz I feel better
it just makes me feel better and function more effectively
Yes, the THC will go straight to damaged cells and set up receptors there
The ointment is so the go for you sistah
and you could use the oil in cooking
straight hash oil is lovely, herby and flowery tasting
and is so more more clear and upful than smoking I find
only problem, it is dangerous to make
 However, Hemp oil can be made by soaking leaf or kif in hemp seed oil, without dangerous solvents...I think my Radic has the recipe on our site for the healing oil and ointment
the only other ingredient you will need for making the ointment is bees wax,
incredible skin healer and instantly soothing for any inflamed conditions or infections.
www.earthreggae.com

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 08:57:48 AM »

Bless up ,

so if i soak the leaf in hemp seed oil, i can extract the THC that way without having to distill it?.. would i need very much, as it is really quite expensive, though i just had a thought.. i could maybe ask Kingman for some cuttings.. if he will let me near his precious plant.. pretty sure he loves it more than he loves me!!! maybe if i moan in agony all weekend, am unable to cook, and refuse him his "rights" cos of the pain in my backside.. ;)

does the plant have to have flowered, of will just the leaves have enough for what i need? and what is kif? i really am ignorant!!

Queen J
Posted on: April 16, 2008, 09:54:04 am
i had a look on the site, but i cant find the recipe..

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 10:59:42 AM »

Dear sistah Jo,
sorry, I should have linked it for you
but hey, it is easy, easy easy to make hemp healing oil
trimmings will do fine
make sure they are dry
find a Jar,dark glass is best, keeps the oils in better nick
500ml jar is probably a good size
fill it two thirds full of dried trimmings of Cannabis plant
then fill to the top with Hemp seed oil
give a good shake, and then again in a couple of day, a 2 week soak is optimum
it should turn a darker green
then it is ready for topical application on all inflammed, painful, or infected skin conditions, or flaky, dry red skin conditions, muscle aches and pains, as a aphrodisiac, but be careful! you could end up with as many kids as me!!!!gigglegiggle
Just in case I got anyfing wrong, I will link my RadicAls recipe off we web site
get ontoin Sis, I KNOW its gonna help
Love Yah!!!!
Nyah

Posted on: April 18, 2008, 09:27:48 am
http://earthreggae.com/earthreggae.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=119&func=view&id=30&catid=27
heres the link, tells yah how to make the ointment too
Bless sistah
www.earthreggae.com

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 01:20:51 AM »

The roots are medicinal as well.
Surely he will have some roots to spare.

I would drop whatever pharmaceuticals I was getting- or at least aim that direction- and try to deal with things on an herbal and homeopathic and PRAYER basis.

God has cured me of so much, but I still disrespect Him sometimes and let the docs give me stuff to do "day to day." The problem is that it builds up and is quite toxic, so in the end pharmaceuticals never help.

(((hugs))))

Bless up.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.