Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: SOCA WICKED AND EVIL?  (Read 2777 times)

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
SOCA WICKED AND EVIL?
« on: October 25, 2007, 10:48:34 PM »

InI was reasoning the other day about music InI love my Roots And Culture but am also a big soca fan.They informed InI that apparently  Iwayne and Bungi Garland had a heated reasoning lately as to weather or not soca music was evil and wicked, and that  it was said that soca glorifies fornication.Whether the reasoning did or did not happen  is neither here nor there but it did mek InI think.I dont believe it to be so I fulljoy it .Any views?

Guidance and Protection
Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

rootsridge

• Senior User
Re: SOCA WICKED AND EVIL?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »

i am also a big Soca fan (becuase of my Tobago connection)

i dont think its evil, The soca i have heard is all POSTIVE!:D

i dont think the music can be evil, just the words behind it

:D

bless
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 09:11:22 PM »

Greetings in the Name Of The Most High. Jah RasTafarI
Thanx for the facts much ippreciated. Like all music I try to listen to what only uplifts my spirit and has I heart and mind balanced . I tend to listen to difrent styles of music fi difrent moods and try only to expose InI blessed children with good vibes music that can educate them .I find things that they find hard to overstand culturally becomes alot easier they overstand it a lot better.
Love and Raspect

Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 02:29:32 AM »

After experiencing Parang while i was in Trinidad i have to say that the music is amazing and i can see where they get their energy from!
I almost feel like i need another holiday now that i'm home!
Yep some of what i heard was a little bad in terms of lyrics but i think it's more the beat than anything that really gets people going. Anyway you can't find that music here which is sad but will look further.

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 03:32:32 AM »

Greetings Sista
Give thanks, InI have a large soca library of music as InI said I fulljoy it :D, and InI had the Joy of Living in the Ladbrooke Road area of London which is Carnival Capital fi di carnival lol, When the days are dark and cold and trying to get to that upbeat state of mind can be a little tricky, so I put on I Soca the children love it we all up and a dance round di house feeling alive and re-generated, There is a few good conscious Soca artists like Issac Blackman, Reggae all stars which has the singer Marlon Asher who sung Ganja Farmer , and  another artist I fulljoy is Shurwayne Winchester, InI guess that if we fulljoy something we can usually find what we want [musically] and dont haffie fall inna di slackness of it,
Peace and Love
sorry Parang oh gosh InI have been playing their album from last year non stop lately lol The I racieved a beautiful Blessing lol
RasTafari

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.