Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can Asians be Rasta?  (Read 8249 times)

Pinoy Jex

• yes?
  • Normal User
  • Tayo'y magsama-sama, tayo'y magkaisa
Can Asians be Rasta?
« on: April 20, 2008, 07:52:31 AM »

Hi, I'm South-East Asian.  . 

My family are catholics, I was born catholic and I got baptized in Catholic Church.   As time goes by I realize that Catholic really isn't for me.   Once a guy from school told me that I'm demonic because I don't believe in Jesus and that I kept learning about Rastafari.   So I wondered what was so demonic about it. 
Well, I didn't care, because I want to Start fresh and learn more about Rastafari. 

Now I know that whites can be Rasta, but can an Asian like me can be Rasta too?
I wonder.  . 

much respect
-Jex
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:54:25 AM by Pinoy Jex »
Hello "I'm Jex"

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
Re: Can Asians be Rasta?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 11:43:03 AM »

Greetings brother!
"The color of a mans skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes" - H.I.M Haile I Selassie I.

Color of skin doesn't change who you are, how you act or how you feel. And it surely wont change your bond to the almighty. Do you think Jah put us in groups? Black, white, yellow etc? Or do you think he will only let some of the races see the truth and get the spiritual bond to him that we need?
Ofcourse not.
He created man kind, and he loves us all equally. Anyone with a righteous heart can be Rasta. That guy who told you your "demonic" because you don't believe in Yeshua and that you learned about Rastafari... He's just insecure in himself and judging you to be evil because your dealing with something he don't know anything about. The things he don't know about, he judges very easily. But dont let anyone or anything block your way. There's nothing demonic at all with Rastafari. Jah is not demonic. I may also add that many Rastas believe in Yeshua, in different ways yes, but many do. Some see him as the son of God, some see him as a righteous human being, some see him as Messiah. Personally InI see Christ as the son of Jah, a part of the trinity. Many different beliefs, many different oppinions. You have to find your own truth.
"Seek and you shall find"
But back to the original subject. Yes, ofcourse Asians can be Rasta, just as much as anyone else. Rastafari is not color of skin, its spirituality and livity.
Bless up brother, and keep strong even when the wind is rough!
Jah Rastafari

// Ras Sanjah
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 11:45:19 AM by Soldier of Jah »
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

Pinoy Jex

• yes?
  • Normal User
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 01:14:01 PM »

Quote from: Soldier of Jah link=topic=5109. msg70366#msg70366 date=1208688183
Greetings brother!
"The color of a mans skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes" - H. I. M Haile I Selassie I.

Color of skin doesn't change who you are, how you act or how you feel.  And it surely wont change your bond to the almighty.  Do you think Jah put us in groups? Black, white, yellow etc? Or do you think he will only let some of the races see the truth and get the spiritual bond to him that we need?
Ofcourse not.
He created man kind, and he loves us all equally.  Anyone with a righteous heart can be Rasta.  That guy who told you your "demonic" because you don't believe in Yeshua and that you learned about Rastafari. . .  He's just insecure in himself and judging you to be evil because your dealing with something he don't know anything about.  The things he don't know about, he judges very easily.  But dont let anyone or anything block your way.  There's nothing demonic at all with Rastafari.  Jah is not demonic.  I may also add that many Rastas believe in Yeshua, in different ways yes, but many do.  Some see him as the son of God, some see him as a righteous human being, some see him as Messiah.  Personally InI see Christ as the son of Jah, a part of the trinity.  Many different beliefs, many different oppinions.  You have to find your own truth.
"Seek and you shall find"
But back to the original subject.  Yes, ofcourse Asians can be Rasta, just as much as anyone else.  Rastafari is not color of skin, its spirituality and livity. 
Bless up brother, and keep strong even when the wind is rough!
Jah Rastafari

// Ras Sanjah

Well, man thanks for clearing all that for me, I feel a lot better now and I will continue learning more about Rastafari.  It's good to know that hopefully I shall understand more about Rastafari.
Just like you said, I shall seek the truth and I shall find. . .
Hello "I'm Jex"

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 01:20:26 PM »

Yes I, give thanks! Blessed love, truth always reveals itself and good always ovacome evil, remember that!
Nuff love!
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

damian_marley

• Regular User
    • My Bebo
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 06:49:40 PM »

yes, no question rastafari is for all people

bless

Herbalist_rasta

• Senior User
  • wHo Is Man 2 Criminalize D CreatIoN Of D ALMIGHTY
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 03:38:29 PM »

It's good to hear to such InI country men are awake of such
confusion and illusion, which the Babylon bring to I country.

Bless kapatid, I also a Filipino..
keep troding to once choosen path.
and yes we are RastafarI deep within..

Peace&love
"better is a dinner of HERB's where love is,than a stalled Ox and hatred therewith" Proverbs 15:16

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 12:21:06 AM »

Ises unto the Most Haile I
  I say that the Iriginal livity of Rastafari is life Iverliving right now within this time.  So from the Itriarchs and the Ila-Archs that first Hail Emperor Haile Selassie I as I God & I King from dat time til this time, it is set and so established.  HIM is an Afreecan Christian Emperor, Her Imperial Majesty is an Afreecan Christian Empress.  This means that Afreeca and her manifestation of the Irator is the image, the hope, the soul & destiny of Rastafari as the groundation of the faith.  Ini deal with works that further that aim, seen.  Now if a next one sights those vibes and is not of Afreecan descent, whom am I to judge?  It is a must to come in huemility, for Imility ie. the lamb only makes the lion stronger.  It is the order that has been set and that is the order I defend straight.

Holy I

fiyahhh

• New User
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 11:06:04 PM »

kmusta kabayan
everyone can b rastafari but as rastafari ini must recognize haile selassie i as god and christ d return messiah and by recognizin H. I. M is to manifest H. I. M works thru peace and love dat y ini RAS TAFARI and restore black supremecy which is equal rights and justice and ithiopia(afrika) as head state of d world just like how it was in d beginning so shall it be on end ,alpha and omega, teach d world african history which is world history.  in philippines our history class focus on colonialisation of d spanish not mentioning dat d spanish  killed MOSTLY d aetas (original filipinos) and even thought us dat americans  liberated us from d spanish which in facts simply sold philippines to d americans and claims dat philippines is indipendent but in fact d whole political system never changed since d spanish came and worst of all colonize our culture just like what dem did in afrika and d rest of d world, andres bonifacio called d pilipinos tagalogs and pilipinas katagalogan  cause on spanish era dem called us indios meaning natives and  filipinos are d spaniards born in philippines and we tagalogs know dat d name of our country came from a colonial king philippe and still call our country pilipinas in dat sense is our country not yet liberated from colonialism just like our major religion christianity  is d religion dat d colonialist forced us to be-lie-ve and dem succeeded til now,and our country is politically and CULTURALLY westernize and  our education system are still based for dem own benefetits our country is not yet free and still cryin for freedom,JAH RASTAFARI came for salvation ini rastafari must do d works of JAH for salvation of all man
kapatid linkup tayo saan ka nakatira?
ingat,JAH BLESS

JAH RASTAFARI
JUSTICE IS A PRODUCT OF EDUCATION -H.  I.  M-

Ras I

• Full User
  • At Least, I Am; At Most, I Am.
    • MySpace
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 12:24:14 AM »

Learn about, and call yourself, whatever you want. That said; Rastafari is not something one becomes.

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 08:20:39 PM »

^^^^yes i, no one can become

Idren, rastafarian foundation is on Jesus Christ.. H.I.M Haile Selassie I repeated his message, to seek and find the messiah, jesus christ. Look within his speachs, his books, and you shall find

And welcome to Rasta nicks have a good time reading around
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

Pinoy Jex

• yes?
  • Normal User
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 12:17:49 PM »

kmusta kabayan
everyone can b rastafari but as rastafari ini must recognize haile selassie i as god and christ d return messiah and by recognizin H. I. M is to manifest H. I. M works thru peace and love dat y ini RAS TAFARI and restore black supremecy which is equal rights and justice and ithiopia(afrika) as head state of d world just like how it was in d beginning so shall it be on end ,alpha and omega, teach d world african history which is world history.  in philippines our history class focus on colonialisation of d spanish not mentioning dat d spanish  killed MOSTLY d aetas (original filipinos) and even thought us dat americans  liberated us from d spanish which in facts simply sold philippines to d americans and claims dat philippines is indipendent but in fact d whole political system never changed since d spanish came and worst of all colonize our culture just like what dem did in afrika and d rest of d world, andres bonifacio called d pilipinos tagalogs and pilipinas katagalogan  cause on spanish era dem called us indios meaning natives and  filipinos are d spaniards born in philippines and we tagalogs know dat d name of our country came from a colonial king philippe and still call our country pilipinas in dat sense is our country not yet liberated from colonialism just like our major religion christianity  is d religion dat d colonialist forced us to be-lie-ve and dem succeeded til now,and our country is politically and CULTURALLY westernize and  our education system are still based for dem own benefetits our country is not yet free and still cryin for freedom,JAH RASTAFARI came for salvation ini rastafari must do d works of JAH for salvation of all man
kapatid linkup tayo saan ka nakatira?
ingat,JAH BLESS

JAH RASTAFARI

Oh that is really nice to know.. that a fellow countryman can educate me more about rastafari..and yes it is indeed that foreigners tried to westernized our country..  but yes, I'm very happy about finding out about Rastafari.

and to all of the brothers that replied to this topic. cheers
and I shall continue troddin more :)

Bless...
Hello "I'm Jex"

mirat

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 03:08:55 AM »

Greetings kapatid!

I read wat Herbalist and fiyahhh post
yup RASTAFARI is not saying white,asians cyan make it thru,simple answer on your question"its the life that full of natural happiness,love and truthness"

brethren it bring me tears to hear such word from you,a brother come from the same land that also aware of what happening right now*
that guy said that ur demonic just ignore him its the way to make yuh more confused...he said it because he can't understand whats happening in he's life.

First dem say "you must know the History"....

Interested In Irating

• Standard User
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:35 AM »

As Beenie Man would say - "yes I!"

Going into Chinese restaurants and having some i-tal options would truly be ites. Also, I have a DVD of Dennis Brown using an asian RASTA bassist!

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 09:17:46 PM »

Read kebra negast

many many references to chinese idren that are repeated in the book,

The ras called chin?

remember

selah
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

Pinoy Jex

• yes?
  • Normal User
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 04:22:09 AM »

many thigns for the informations brethrens.. through a short period of time I had gain a lot of confidence..

thank you all.. :)
Hello "I'm Jex"
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 21 queries.