Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Livity  (Read 3644 times)

Soldier of Jah

• Ras Sanjah
  • Senior User
  • Humbleness, righteousness, consciousness.
Livity
« on: April 23, 2008, 09:48:53 AM »

Greetings in the name of the most high King Selassie I !
Just thought i would start a topic about how people live and such things! Would be great to hear how other Ras all over the world live :)
InI personally try to live as natural as possible, even though its very hard at some points. The only meat i eat is fish, though i'm not eating that much vegetables... I don't use perfume or deodorant or any other daily things like that, as i don't need it to keep fresh. Jah gave us water, and that is enough! Personally i don't think we should wear to much chemicals like perfume or deodorant because it really poisons the skin and wont let it breathe!
InI recently stopped eating snacks with animal fat, for example always when i buy chips or candy i check the ingredients, if there's some animal fat or any other, i wont buy it. Hmm well candy in general contain loads of color and chemicals but i try not eating to much. The candy shop is right by my school to, thats not really helping! Well anyway, i don't drink alcohol at all, dont smoke cigarettes at all (though i get the chemicals in my lungs from others that smoke :( ). Would be great if you could share how your livity is and all! Bless up! Jah Rastafari

// Sanjah
Jah Jah light is so bright it can be seen even by the blind

ke

• Veteran User
Re: Livity
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 09:05:40 PM »

a normal day for me would be, I get up out of bed, turn my lizards lights on, eat some sort of fruit(well I try haha)
I also try to stay away from too much candy but it doesn't always work. but i balance my food out, like if i just had candy Ill have fruit or if i just had fruit Ill have chicken or something like that. the only meet I don't eat is pork.
and just about every few days i too find my self trying to hold my breath as i walk by the smokers.
the only smoke I put in my lungs is the herb that Jah blessed us with. and i end the day by giving thanks to Jah.
bless up
ke
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

RubADubDub

• Standard User
  • hmmmm
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 06:16:09 AM »

Vegan here... try to go organic most of the time but gotta save money too... eat tons of mushrooms, fruits, and veggies... eat lots of grains too (quinoa is an amazing grain)... buy 60% of food in bulk so I'm not wasting (bring conatiners), try to shop locally-owned stores... to me, the process one gets the food is more important than the nutrition (not saying nutrition na important) for instance; bake my own pastries, breads (only bout 20% i bake, need to get better), and pizzas/biscuits... being a vegan helps since you HAVE to do it by scratch (70% of my food is from scratch). next step is growing my food, after i get my land.

i smoke tobacco (american spirit organic)... i roll my own... part of me don't like how much I smoke, however, I love smoking (tobacco, herb, mullein, mint)... smoking is just a process I love along with breathing (controlled breathing)

i dont think it as much what you do its how you do it and why you do (alchemy principles... you create with love you get love, create with hate you get hate). for instance, i dont eat meat or drink milk cuz its consuming death IMO, and i know that dairy cows, and meat livestock live horrible, violence, hate filled lives, and you are surviving off of that hate... same goes for schwag ganja sold to buy guns for violence, same goes for cheaply grown, pesticide ridden produce from Chile for American profit... i unfortunately use $$$ and survive off of $$$ and most people do... i think the more you can give $$$ to positivity and love, and the more you can get off of $$$ is livity.

(if i had my land in alaska, and during the winter caught and ate fish... that is a loving positive cycle of surviving... buying commercial dead protein is not positive IMO)

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 01:44:01 PM »

I am still struggling to make a farm out of the mudpit our land became when we cleared it.

This will be our first year in several not raising pigs (AH- PORKEATERS we be), chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese.

I am trying to start seeds to garden. This should work this year. I have had good veggies in previous years, but the chooks and other fowl always managed to bust in.

We're keeping some ducks because now I am worried about the food chain.
Also, we have a goat that had a couple of babies. One we will probably be able to sell as a breeding buck, but the other we're hand-raising (Mom didn't like him) and he's a little bow-legged, so he's definitely pet or rotisserie material-

RubADubDub- I am like you- although no longer veg or vegan-

It is HOW the food is produced.

You are better off eating half-rotten eggs from a happy chicken than the freshest eggs from a laying farm inmate.

Our poverty has forced us into eating questionably produced food more than I can really tolerate.

I need to pray for our garden.
This is the year, I think.

ALSO- here in Alaska everything is fossil fuels, which I despise.
I should be healthy enough and my boys big and strong enough this year to get some redoing done in our shabby leaky trailer so that next winter we can live more efficiently and naturally.

BLESS UP!

Posted on: April 26, 2008, 02:35:07 pm
SMOKERS!

I have to cross the street, eh?

My mom smokes, bless her, and she wants us to visit her more. She doesn't smoke around the kids, but as soon as they are out of the room somehow I am fair game. I can't stand it. I think she thinks because I "smoke" her smoke is okay?

Maybe I should pack an apparatus to her house and light up when she does.
;)

Umm, I mean I READ about "smoking." Ummm, on the internet.

Bless up.
Posted on: April 26, 2008, 02:38:59 pm
RubADubDub, I love smoking too! NEVER the cigs though. Maybe twice when I was seriously drunk in high school.
ACK! Made me sick for a week!

Mullein is a great smoke- only smoke it in a water-pipe and only when I'm sick.

SO GROW SOME CONTAINER VEGETABLES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not wait for the land.

Seeds of Change and Territorial are good resources for container vegetable seeds.

It is SO important to develop your relationship with plants now.
If you PM your snail addy I will send you some seeds. Even if you just grow some calendula, that is something. It is lovely for adding color to winter soups.

Bless up.

RubADubDub

• Standard User
  • hmmmm
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 04:41:39 PM »

I'm trying to make time to go out to a friends house and do some rototillin... he is lettin me use about a 10x12 bed for some planting... and then my parents have about 20 acres, only its 12 miles out of town and my vehicle only gets 15MPG  :-\ gas jumped 10 cents yesterday, 3.74! (tho i know natty threads you prolly got it worse up there) it's just a busy time right now with car problems and preparin for the birth, even though now til 2 weeks is perfect time for planting in this valley.

for growing... i want to grow some lentils, cabbage, peas, and some strawberries this year ;D i really should make time....

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 09:29:39 PM »

Cabbages and strawberries should work well in pots (not together).
It will be nice for your wife to have things growing to eat around the house.

Maybe you have space at home to grow potatoes in a bin or a stack of tires?

If you use companion planting, you should be able to figure out a low-maintenance high-yield combo of plants for your far away plot, so you don't have to burn gas too often.

If it helps, the moon is waning and it will be better to wait- I think maybe another ten days?- to plant any way. ;)
Roots are good to plant in the third quarter.

If I don't plant by the moon I tend to have less success than when I do. Some plants are pickier than others.

Bless up!

RubADubDub

• Standard User
  • hmmmm
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »

I can;t really grow where I'm at.... our house plants are barely surviving (no direct sunlight reaches windows) and I'm on upper floor of apartment complex with no yard or deck  >:(  What do you mean by companion planting? I would love to get something started with this.... how about a new thread?

Tunesman

• New User
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 09:19:03 PM »

Quote from: RubADubDub link=topic=5114.   msg70442#msg70442 date=1209190569
i smoke tobacco (american spirit organic).   .   .    i roll my own.   .   .    part of me don't like how much I smoke, however, I love smoking (tobacco, herb, mullein, mint).   .   .    smoking is just a process I love along with breathing (controlled breathing)

You can smoke mint? Does it still have the same effects that making a tea out of it would? I really do like smoking, but 'I know that cigarettes are unhealthy.   

As for I, I try not to eat anything that even has preservatives, so I mostly like herbs, fruits, and nuts.   I cant stand most vegetables though  :P
I want to grow my own food, but 'I live in the city so I dont have much space. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:22:26 PM by Tunesmith »
Thank you Jah for keeping I alive, through your mercy I will survive.  
While im giving thanks and praises, let I not fall from your grace.

Higginz

• Regular User
  • To Jah alone I swear.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 09:34:37 PM »

Personally, I just started thinking of my diet. I eat some meat, though not much and never pig. I refuse alcohol and tobacco, and try not to eat to much chemicals, but I school is 30m from a shop, so the candy is really the only heavily chemically influenced food (or such) I eat. I try to eat Ital, but I'm only about 3/4 months into rasta, so it hasn't quite kicked off.
Science is knowledge of the exterior. 

Religion is answer to the interior.

"RastafarI is no legend, reality.  Better be wise.  Accept the most high in your life, and refuse mental slavery, no compromise. "  - AlBorosie

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 05:22:30 PM »

Greetings In The Name of The Most High Selassie I,
InI eat strictly Vegan&about 90% organic(some types of nuts are just not available organic here), nah use no chemical shampoo or soap, all organic, deodorant, toothpaste, everything Organic, Jah blessed InI with everything InI need, no need for those nasty chemical that pollute the plant and the I's Temple, InI also always try to do some sort of sport, at a certain time it was bicycle, weight lifting, yoga, now its martial arts, InI just try to live good and make use of all that Jah gave InI.

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.