Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: White man cant be RasTa. Well Read the boo of Ruth  (Read 31897 times)

dreadedgin

Re: White man cant be RasTa. Well Read the boo of
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 01:26:46 AM »

i personally believe that no matter who you are -even the hobo passed out in a cardboard box- you can worship whoever and whatever you like. sure, physically darker skinned people can't be sunburned... but they can't change colour with the power of nature's sun! so, thinking that you are supreme to another person because of the colour of your skin is ridiculous.. we all need the same things to survive; love and acceptance are two of the biggest vitals! everybody come together, we gotta love one another! all religions, like love, are colourblind

Ras I

• Full User
  • At Least, I Am; At Most, I Am.
    • MySpace
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2004, 01:32:31 AM »

Physically superior, you are blowing it out of proportion by saying supreme. Change color with the sun? That is because black people are already at the color the sun leads to.

rasrossi

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2004, 03:52:47 PM »

Rastafaria is a natural way of life dats why Bob said A Natural mystic flowing into d air.....anyone no matter ur class,race,greed or whatsoever can be a Rasta.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 03:54:16 PM by rasrossi »

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2004, 05:50:44 PM »

im trying to prevent this from becoming a platform for black supremecy or any kind of supremacy, JE's right we all under god and thats the concept to hold onto. things change, what true now as far as us humans go wont always be like it is, blacks can become whiter, whites blacker, inferior to, superior to, but the moment you make a judgement on the way it is- your off it because it ISNT this way or that, but constantly becoming something that is unknown.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

rasjay

• Regular User
  • Love Jah and live
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2004, 07:12:02 PM »

The meaning of this post was to say something to the people out there who dont agree with white RasTafarians. It seems like this board is not fighting white RasTafarians like other boards. so it was irrelevant,but being new to the board i dint know.  
Rejoice and praise RasTafari.Blessed love brethern from Ras..Jay

howie

• Regular User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2004, 07:27:01 PM »

Diversity is a nesesity. took blacks four hundred year to dispele the myth of white supremacy and no matter how long it takes if the tides turn the other way the whites will get out from any rock their forced under. those who say do not know and those who know do not say.

Dispell the myth of white supremacy??
I hate to tell you this- or maybe you have never heard of this concept- white privilege... in which case I look forward to the discussion....
the idea that having white skin is an automatic entrance into many of white societies gates..... whereas having un-white skin is a barrier-  
the only myth that has ever been dispelled is that white will give up any power they still have in order to allow non-whites into socitey (the idea of allowing non-white is a sign of tolerance- a white privilege thing)- they won't.
the white man ain't going to do man no favours unless he is white.... yup, white supremacy is still alive and kicking... its just not disguised in the form of KKK and all that shit anymore, now the idea of supremacy is cloaked in tolerance!
tolerance- how effing noble of them to put up with non-whites... tolerant of them, you might say.

did this make sense?
ooga-booga!

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2004, 07:52:03 PM »

if you say so bred, the mutaul respect thing is happening and its real, just as real as all that white privelige babylon,if its negative its got to go, dispelaion of white supremacy being such, thats why i stand behind the progress of its elimination that HAS been made.

howie

• Regular User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2004, 07:56:39 PM »

has been made- good way to put it.
Terrifying that there is still so much work to be done.
ooga-booga!

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2004, 01:29:22 AM »

terrifieng or inspiring, its the blessing of resposablity bro, with out it my live is like a selfish movie.

Murungu

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2004, 01:35:24 PM »

Terrifieing or inspireing. It depends how you choose to see it.

Bless..

Junior_Bong

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2004, 04:57:06 PM »

White man can't be rasta -

is that black or white teaching?

Can orientals be christian?

can blacks be jewish?

Can gays be buddists?

Who says we can or cannot live our lives as we choose?

i was more rasta than most black dreads, veggie, non-drinking, hell i even created nyabinghi in my back garden, and babylon heard my drums.  And nobody ever got the words "you are the wrong colour for this" into my heart, though my ears burned with their words.

who the hell has the right to say what can or cannot be?

ganja_king

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2004, 06:04:04 PM »

i totally agree with you on that statement :)

ThinkingTree

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2004, 08:42:48 AM »

we are all in equality rasta or not, live true to yourself.

Peace for the People

FreedomSoJah

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2004, 10:35:25 PM »

i know this is totally off topic; it's even adifferent faith..
but since there is such envelopment in the whole skin color thing....
Im reading  about the nation of islam... the 'black muslim movement'  ...
i'm deeply saddened by the things they 'preach'

being from chicago this is kind of a very interesting topic for me, sinceit's so huge there...

it is more of a political system then the actual faith....
it is very, very condradictory... as they say they believe all races are created equal... but that the white man was created by..... " an ancient evil scientist called Yakub. Only black people are considered human by the Nation of Islam. Non-blacks are literally held to be non-human demons."

Wow....
this is mainly an american thing i think, im not too sure, still researching...

the main thing i just dont get is...... this religion was started in the middle east.... ive never seen anything in the qu'ran that says ANYTHING about whites specifically being evil...
i think seriously these people
it is of course a religion that is colorblind... but it seems it has seriously been warped and twisted in america...
they actually want the US government to GIVE them some of their land so they can form an independant state, which is tax free... but the Gov. would still tend to the land...
free school and colleges and stuff... free everything..
now okay, i understand the whole hundreds of years of slavery.. (well as well as i can, seeing as how i am not black)..
but c'mon... free everything??
yes they were enslaved.. but they were not the ONLY peoples enslaved in the history of the world...  perhaps the worst case... but... i just dont know... it seems like in the world today racism is a 'person to person' problem.. a black person might not get a job because he is black, but there are no laws as such.. its strictly a personal problem of the would-be employer.. the country itself is not racist.
And if it is.. the only color it does not hate is GREEN...
we are all SLAVES to the system friends...
if anything look at drug laws..
if the government passes a law that says YOU CANNOT PUT A SUBSTANCE IN YOUR BODY.. then that means they MUST own our bodies... if they own are bodies... hmm, what's that called.. slavery...the whole thing is, they dont say you cant use drugs.. they say you cant HAVE them.. so corrupt..  ;[
that islam thing just blows my mind though.. there are so many contradictions..

theres only God man.. religions are just different roads to him...

ThinkingTree

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2004, 02:28:22 AM »

religion is mearly a life-style choice on how you devote you life to God.

JAH Bless
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.