Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Zechariah 6:11-13  (Read 2415 times)

precepts

• Standard User
Zechariah 6:11-13
« on: June 06, 2008, 04:11:44 PM »

Zec 6:9  And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Zec 6:10  Take of [them of] the captivity, [even] of Heldai, of Tobijah, and of Jedaiah, which are come from Babylon, and come thou the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah;
Zec 6:11  Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set [them] upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest;
Zec 6:12  And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name [is] The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
Zec 6:13  Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both. 

This Joshua sits on the throne of David as a high priest of Israel
after the Babylonian captivity.  How do Rastas explain this? I was
a dread for 15yrs until I recieved some bible revelations that I
hope to share with my religious brothers and sisters.

natty threads

• Senior User
Re: Zechariah 6:11-13
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »

I don't understand what you are asking exactly.

I am very interested in learning of your revelations.

Bless up!

precepts

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 02:35:45 PM »

Here's one: Is Joshua the Christ
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zec 6:11-13 Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set [them] upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest; And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name [is] The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD: Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both. 

Is Joshua the Christ?

if Eli (my god) and Yah (I am) = Eliyah (my god, I am)
and Elisha, sha being salvation (my god salvation), then shouldn't
Yahsha interpreted be "I am salvation" which according to the King James bible is the meaning of Joshua and Jesus. 
Could this be an error based on interpretation?

2Ki 2:11-12 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, [there appeared] a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.  And Elisha saw [it], and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof.  And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces. 

2Ki 13:14 Now Elisha was fallen sick of his sickness whereof he died.  And Joash the king of Israel came down unto him, and wept over his face, and said, O my father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. 

Mat 27:46-47 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Some of them that stood there, when they heard [that], said, This [man] calleth for Elias[Elijah]. 

John the baptist as Elijah, and Christ, Elisha - the two witnesses of Rev 11:

Rev 11:3-12 And I will give [power] unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.  These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.  And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.  These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.  And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.  And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.  And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.  And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.  And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.  And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither.  And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. 

Zec 4:8-14 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. 
For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel [with] those seven; they [are] the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.  Then answered I, and said unto him, What [are] these two olive trees upon the right [side] of the candlestick and upon the left [side] thereof? And I answered again, and said unto him, What [be these] two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden [oil] out of themselves?
And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these [be]? And I said, No, my lord.  Then said he, These [are] the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth. 

Jhn 3:27-30 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.  Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.  He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.  He must increase, but I [must] decrease. 

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 05:52:25 PM »

Jesus' name is Yeshua, no? Same as Joshua.

Precept, pretend we are already face to face friends and realize I am discussing not arguing, that some of the statements I make I realize you probably already know, or perhaps you disagree.

There is a lot to align, to make sure we are on the same page, to have a productive discussion.

I find your insights fascinating and am excited to reason with you.

Please don't be put off by my over-direct approach.
Also, I will assume you know scripture and verse for most NT references I make- ask if you want me to include them I can.

I would assume, for example, that if I posted "For God so loved the world..." you would know it was John 3:16 and that the verse is-

For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Anyone else feel free to ask references.

"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

This is Aramaic, no? And is a translation from Hebrew, not a direct quote, because it is supposed to be in the Holy Language, which would be Hebrew.

It is interesting that the last words He spoke we're "It is done/finished/paid." 
This exact phrase was used on contracts when they were paid off, or so I've read.

It is also interesting that He didn't say "I paid the debt."

It is PAID.
God already bought us.
We are already His.

"John the baptist as Elijah, and Christ, Elisha - the two witnesses of Rev 11:"

I'm not wrapping my mind around Christ as a witness.
Would He really be this, laying dead in the street, unrecognized?

I don't know.
I don't think so.

Isn't it funny that John had his doubts as well?
Remember when he sent the word asking if Jesus was the one he was waiting for?

Keep this in mind for counseling ourselves or others who feel shaky.

JOHN had doubts, enough that he actually asked, and HE recognized Christ in and from the womb.
That's why God had to buy us back.
Our doubtingness.

What about Jesus as Melchizedek?

Hebrews 5:6, "just as He says also in another 'YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER ACCORDING TO THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK.'"

I don't have the verses or support in front of me, but somewhere, Jesus is the rock Moses struck for water in the desert.
He is the Living Word of God, He was there in the Beginning, He is God (or "A God"- not arguing that bit), He didn't come to destroy but uphold The Law, and as the Word of God, He is the Torah in Person.

A messiah doesn't have to be the supernatural.

There are many types and foreshadowings in the Bible.

So is Jesus that Joshuah? Or one of the two witnesses?
Mmmm, I'm not there.

But SOMEone is/was/will be, and that is worth considering.

Elijah and Moses maybe?
Isn't that who the apostles saw Jesus talking with on the mountain?

I had thought of the two witnesses as being somehow supernatural beings put into that place, but they may well be "types."
Also, it is entirely possible that John and Elijah and Moses were supernatural beings.

Looking forward to your response, Precept.

Bless up!
Jennifer

precepts

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 09:32:16 PM »

I'm sorry you're not there yet but only those with eyes to see will see and ears to hear will hear.

bless up, yes.

surfmon_I

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 10:58:44 PM »

Blessings Sistren and Bredren.

I'm sorry you're not there yet but only those with eyes to see will see and ears to hear will hear.

Well Bredren, we do indeed have eyes and do so have ears, so please do speak your mind.  The revelations of present and the past 15 years as a dread would be a wonderful sharing.  As we have many examples of Christness from JAH in the past to the days just past.

His book consists of two distinct parts, (1) chapters 1 to 8, inclusive, and (2) 9 to the end. It begins with a preface (1:1-6), which recalls the nation's past history, for the purpose of presenting a solemn warning to the present generation. Then follows a series of eight visions (1:7-6:8), succeeding one another in one night, which may be regarded as a symbolical history of Israel, intended to furnish consolation to the returned exiles and stir up hope in their minds. The symbolical action, the crowning of Joshua (6:9-15), describes how the kingdoms of the world become the kingdom of God's Christ.

Blessed be the Journey
OneLove in JAH
Rastafari

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 05:58:24 AM »

bless up, yes.

I raise several issues and questions, and your response is to imply that I do not hear or see without addressing a single point I bring up.

When Joshuah is crowned in the Zechariah and the Branch and the rebuilding of the Temple are mentioned, it is a standard reiteration of the promise to Israel, is it not?

It does not mean that JOSHUAH is the Messiah.

How do we know this?

Joshuah did not rebuild the Temple did he?

Zechariah 6:15 ends with:

Then you will know YHWH of Hosts has sent me to you.
    And it will take place if you completely obey YHWH your God.

Future tense.
Hasn't happened yet.
No?

So how is Joshuah the Messiah?

I find the Zechariah 5 extremely provocative.
I've heard an interpretation reading "fire" for "woman" in verse 7.
Gives having to seal "her" in with lead a real "nuclear end-time" flavor.

The width in 2 actually refers to circumference.
I understand that there are several nuclear missiles currently in circulation that match these dimensions.
And they do get set on pedestals, quite literally, in what an ancient would perceive as a temple.

Bless up.

precepts

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 03:19:31 PM »

surf's
The symbolical action, the crowning of Joshua (6:9-15), describes how the kingdoms of the world become the kingdom of God's Christ.
Ditto!

Natty's
Posted by: natty threads 

Jesus' name is Yeshua, no? Same as Joshua.

Precept, pretend we are already face to face friends and realize I am discussing not arguing, that some of the statements I make I realize you probably already know, or perhaps you disagree.

There is a lot to align, to make sure we are on the same page, to have a productive discussion.

I find your insights fascinating and am excited to reason with you.

Please don't be put off by my over-direct approach.
Also, I will assume you know scripture and verse for most NT references I make- ask if you want me to include them I can.

I would assume, for example, that if I posted "For God so loved the world. . . " you would know it was John 3:16 and that the verse is-

For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Anyone else feel free to ask references.

"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

This is Aramaic, no? And is a translation from Hebrew, not a direct quote, because it is supposed to be in the Holy Language, which would be Hebrew. 

It is interesting that the last words He spoke we're "It is done/finished/paid. " 
This exact phrase was used on contracts when they were paid off, or so I've read.

It is also interesting that He didn't say "I paid the debt. "

It is PAID.
God already bought us.
We are already His.

"John the baptist as Elijah, and Christ, Elisha - the two witnesses of Rev 11:"

I'm not wrapping my mind around Christ as a witness.
Would He really be this, laying dead in the street, unrecognized?

I don't know.
I don't think so.

Isn't it funny that John had his doubts as well?
Remember when he sent the word asking if Jesus was the one he was waiting for?

Keep this in mind for counseling ourselves or others who feel shaky.

JOHN had doubts, enough that he actually asked, and HE recognized Christ in and from the womb.
That's why God had to buy us back.
Our doubtingness.

What about Jesus as Melchizedek?

Hebrews 5:6, "just as He says also in another 'YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER ACCORDING TO THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK. '"

I don't have the verses or support in front of me, but somewhere, Jesus is the rock Moses struck for water in the desert.
He is the Living Word of God, He was there in the Beginning, He is God (or "A God"- not arguing that bit), He didn't come to destroy but uphold The Law, and as the Word of God, He is the Torah in Person.

A messiah doesn't have to be the supernatural.

There are many types and foreshadowings in the Bible.

So is Jesus that Joshuah? Or one of the two witnesses?
Mmmm, I'm not there.

But SOMEone is/was/will be, and that is worth considering.

Elijah and Moses maybe?
Isn't that who the apostles saw Jesus talking with on the mountain?

I had thought of the two witnesses as being somehow supernatural beings put into that place, but they may well be "types. "
Also, it is entirely possible that John and Elijah and Moses were supernatural beings.

Looking forward to your response, Precept.

Bless up!
Jennifer

I thought your name was Natty threads, Jennifer?

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »

All right then.

You didn't post for the purpose of reasoning.

I will try to not interrupt again.

Bless up.

precepts

• Standard User
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 04:09:04 PM »

Jennifer's
All right then.

You didn't post for the purpose of reasoning.

I will try to not interrupt again.

Bless up.
Bless up, yes.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 04:11:41 PM by precepts »

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.