Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: HOMESCHOOL FOR OUR CHILDREN  (Read 1533 times)

teebone55

• New User
HOMESCHOOL FOR OUR CHILDREN
« on: June 11, 2008, 03:30:20 AM »

I AM NEW TO FORUM.  I AM NOT RASTA BUT I DO HAVE INTEREST.  I HOMESCHOOL OUR TEN YEAR OLD GRANDCHILD.  WE HAVE CUSTODY OF HIM.  HE IS NOW MY SON AS I AM RAISING HIM.  I DO NOT LIKE OR APPROVE OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS.  DO RASTA'S HAVE CERTAIN CURRICULUM TO FOLLOW FOR HOMESCHOOL? ARE RASTA'S IN FAVOR OF HOMESCHOOLING?

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: HOMESCHOOL FOR OUR CHILDREN
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 04:07:13 AM »

No matter how you look at it homeschooling is a better option than public
school. I homeschooled my 4 children until their father and I divorced.
Being able to give them this strong foundation made a huge difference when
I had to go to work to support us.  They were effected far less by the negative
influences. The appreciation for learning I was able to encourage in them
serves then well to this day.

Jah bless
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
Re: HOMESCHOOL FOR OUR CHILDREN
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:39:39 AM »

Blessings Idren,
 There really is no one-size-fits all education and fixed ideas about "public schools" are reallypersonal Ipinion...
having said that we homeschooled for years and still do but really don't block our kids intergrating into the community...now, some school and one doesn't and one is working his first job without having spent more than a few months in school
I do not condone or try predujice against school anymore.....as pros and cons abound for either and both option....
the one of ours who is still not settled in school we are trying a combination of home with option to attend classes of his choise....
for him it was unacceptable bullying and ineffective disiplinary measures that he balked at....
education should not suppress or ailenate diversity of cultures, in I ideal world, co-operation and positive reinforcement the ideal climate for learning and failure is really something the teachers either reinforce or create....if the children are being forced into the environment there is sure to be resentment and rebellious behavour so I and I feel, raspect for the need for constant love, encouragement and allowance of individuals to assert themselves must be a given for optimum learning
certainly education is an important part of Rastafari, central in fact, as if raspect and support for de-colonization and the sythesis of ancient and modern knowledge for a positive reorienting for changing times
One love Nyah I
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.