Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Tribal Council  (Read 1329 times)

surfmon_I

Tribal Council
« on: June 22, 2008, 01:37:49 AM »

With Love in our Hearts, and JAH on our Minds, May we gather here to do Justice.

It has come to pass that many here have come and gone. Some of us linger, for it is the way it is.  Sighting the negativity that is sometimes present, It seem nesscary to point out these points which are to be found in rules and guidelines.
  In the absence of any type of moderators, with the exception of Brethren Nick, I thought a sort of Tribal counsel would do well to get the members to stand up for their rights.  A general agreement as to the ever changing times.  A meeting of the members to vote of post their feelings about any type of issue.
  We are all here to LEARN and SHARE, it sould be done without any sort of harassment or fear of lashing out by any one member. 

The purpose of this forum is to help overstand the complexities and diversity of the Rastafarian faith

We ban people who repeatedly and willfully break the rules, or who generally engage in rude, antisocial behavior. It doesn't matter how long you have been a member.

We ban people who repeatedly and willfully break the rules, or who generally engage in rude, antisocial behavior. It doesn't matter how long you have been a member.

Addressing an individual by a profane or rude name
Insulting a user directly

It is my opinion that any negative comment about another member of this message board is a personal attack, and such comments should not be posted

If you are the type of person who just can't get along with other people, and if you seem to repeatedly cause trouble, eventually we will decide that your presence is a disruption and we will ban you. It doesn't matter how long you have been a member of this board.

There are no exceptions to these civility rules. You cannot attack someone because they attacked you first, or because that person "deserved it," or because you think someone is a disruptor. We consider it a personal attack to call a liar a liar, to call a moron a moron, or to call a jerk a jerk.

AVOID ATTACKING OTHERS PERSONALLY!
Personal attacks against individual members of this forum will be deleted. There are guidelines about personal attacks in the forum rules.

So it Go.  I man had to point to these things because sometimes it feels like we are stuck with each other.  Members feelings would be much appriciloved about any of these things or any other thoughts of the general atmosphere of the site we know and love.

Blessings and Peace be the way.

natty threads

• Senior User
Re: Tribal Council
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 02:35:06 AM »

I used to get banned from message boards for being contentious.

I learned better how to get along, internalized kindness, and grew as a person.

Moderation really helps.

I can think of a few boards that would benefit from some moderation.

It must be hard for people new here.

Rasta isn't about Patois or Selassie factoids.

It is about love, responsiveness to one another, and forgiveness, among many things.

Bless up!
Posted on: June 22, 2008, 03:26:18 am
Hmmm.

I just remembered the ignore function.

Bless up.

surfmon_I

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 08:47:12 AM »

Dear Natty,
  It would be wrong to ignore a user, in my opinion.  That would mean we are not seeing some of the good they add to the richness and fullness of our experience here while we interact with each other.  Many times we must look to medicine and take it, even though it does not taste good, still~it is there to help us.  It is the manner in which it is administered that can be adjusted.  I am glad that that you are one of the few Sistren that still interact and share with us, it has been a Pleasure.
Bless Up Ivery time.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 06:17:48 PM »

I have thought about this.

This is what I think right now.

I think that in principle, no-one should be ignored.
In real life, however, we are sometimes put in the uncomfortable position of needing to modify another's, not one of our own, behavior.

When the options include banning or, as many of us have fallen prey to, behaving badly, ignore is a good option.

You can still check occasional posts, and when there is a lucid, polite post, you can respond, and if the posts seem to change tenor for the better, you can unignore.

Also, you can put a person on ignore for a while, then one day when you're feeling up to it, unignore and read through their posts that you've been missing.

I believe we have in our profiles the number of people who have us on ignore.
If someone cares, he or she can simply post more pleasantly and try to get the ignore # down.

If a person is banned, that person will not be able to contribute at all, which would be a shame.
If the person is still on the board but ignored, you still get the benefit of others' discussions with that person and pertinent points will usually be quoted in an unignored poster's posts.

It is essential that we quit responding to vexatious posts. This only feeds the spirit of strife and encourages the vexor.

As long as no-one enquotes vitriol, you can clean up what you see by ignoring annoying posters and benefiting from their input second-hand until such time as you have the energy to read them and possibly re-evaluate.

That is what I think right now.

For the record, I am at this time not ignoring anyone, but I do skim a lot. ;)

Bless up!
Jennifer

Posted on: June 22, 2008, 07:09:10 pm
With Love in our Hearts, and JAH on our Minds, May we gather here to do Justice.

It The purpose of this forum is to help overstand the complexities and diversity of the Rastafarian faith
 You cannot attack someone because they attacked you first, or because that person "deserved it," or because you think someone is a disruptor. We consider it a personal attack to call a liar a liar, to call a moron a moron, or to call a jerk a jerk.

Blessings and Peace be the way.

Jesus said to call no man a fool.

I used to be a "smartist."

Then I started telling myself "Jesus died for stupid people too."

Now I realize there are no stupid people, only differences and misunderstandings.

And when someone seems really really bad, like evil people in the news, I remind myself that I don't know that person's relationship with God and that who gets to Heaven, or to be close to God, is by NO means up to me.

We start thinking that in some way we are better than someone else, and that somehow we are fit to judge.

Maybe that is the problem for some with the ignore function?

We are not fit to judge, but we ought be fit to determine our personal limits.
When we need less strife in order to grow a bit, we need less strife in order to grow a bit.

And if someone annoys the living snot out of you remind yourself that Jesus had exactly that person in His mind every bit as much as you when He died.

Bless up!

surfmon_I

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 03:56:56 PM »

I can see I have caused a stir.  Sorry for any implied Negativity, but it is NOT that I have felt the need to ignore anyone, ever.  I have had no problem with anyone, and have always felt very welcomed here.
  The problem, as I thought many were feeling, is when posts wander to cat and mouse and split into many different fragments, vering to a tangent that is all to familiar which become pages on pages of name calling and harshness.
Checking in frequently, when time allow, to find ones going to assumptions of ones faith, and what ones hold to be principles of Livity.
  I man would like to appologise  for any offense, but I would hope we are able to humbly speak our minds.  If I have over stepped , I am sorry but gladhearted at the possibility that we may get back to resecting each other on the board.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »

Hmmm. Did I seem offended?
I apologize for any distress I may have caused.
I was just discussing. Really.

I'm fine with whatever the forum rules are being enforced.

The distractions get tedious and I'm afraid they probably do discourage some new posters.

It would be nice if respect didn't need to be enforced, but then we wouldn't need Jesus, would we?

Bless up.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.