Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: A very specific question  (Read 1074 times)

Tunesman

• New User
A very specific question
« on: July 19, 2008, 02:38:02 AM »

Greetings to everyone,

well I have been learning about Rastafari for a while, but I have some specific questions I have wanted to ask. 
I was born and raised Christian, I feel I have always been close to God (I know one cant measure closeness to God) and lately I feel like He has been leading me to this.  I still have been facing alot of confusion for different reasons but I feel like I want to call myself a Rasta.  I just feel like Christianity  doesnt have much more to offer, and this seems like a way to be closer to God. 
I have been praying about this alot lately but im facing identity problems, what I want to be etc.  So I wanted to ask someone who actually knew what they were talking about, so im here!
A couple of things I wanted to ask: first off, Im white, I have read alot on this subject and I know its not a big deal, and I have learned its important to meet people at the soul, not by looks or accents or languages.  Now the bigger matter is, I dont believe that H. I. M.  Haile Selassie I is God, or Jesus.  This is after I heard him deny being Divine.  I do however understand (or overstand :) ) that he is the descendant of King Solomon.  So I know my beliefs are different, but I have heard that not all Rastafarians believe he is God.  Also, is Jah Haile Selassie specifically, or is Jah just another name for God? (I know it comes from Jehovah)  So these are my problems.  I have been praying about it, but at the same time I have been going through a dark period in my spiritual walk, so things have been alittle tougher.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me, I am sorry if there was another post about any of this, I didnt see it, but I felt the need to make it a more personal question.

God bless all
Thank you Jah for keeping I alive, through your mercy I will survive.  
While im giving thanks and praises, let I not fall from your grace.

ke

• Veteran User
Re: A very specific question
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 03:13:01 AM »

well you don't have to believe RastafarI is god but you should read up about him and what he did for the people.
you should follow your heart brotha your heart is the voice of Jah
yes Jah is just another word for God
also read and study your bible and you will learn a lot.
bless up bro
ke
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

Tunesman

• New User
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:32:50 PM »

Thank you very much.  I been looking at this message board for a while and its been really helpful for so many things. 

Thanks to all, peace and good vibes!    ;D

Jah bless
Thank you Jah for keeping I alive, through your mercy I will survive.  
While im giving thanks and praises, let I not fall from your grace.

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 11:39:46 PM »

no problem bro
feel free to ask anything
Jah guide
ke
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.