Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 951 times)

Pat_B

• Newbie User
  • Jah RastafarI
Newbie question
« on: July 19, 2008, 05:44:40 PM »

Greetings, InI would like to ask a question, and apologise if it has asked before - Iman isn't blessed with the skills to find the answer on the search function.

Iman was created in Europe and consequently wear light coloured skin.  They call InI a white Rasta because of this, yet a man wearing African skin isn't called a black Rasta.

InI ask why a man with African skin is simply a rasta man and isn't defined by his skin like InI?

Iman used to be afraid of African Rasta hurting me because of the skin InI wear but then reasoned that if they preach one love and indeed their and my God say skin colour don't matter and they still decide to hurt me then that is their problem.  They're not worth the worry.  Jah sees all and will treat accordingly.

Jah Bless

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
Re: Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 03:34:55 AM »

So true
I feel that way a bit, thinking of reaching out to Ras people, black I am more comfortable, its the White male Ras that intimidate me most, as I am a woman, and do not like to be treated as a second class citizen, as some "so-called" Ras seem it think is our due.....to be ignored or looked down at..but if they bothered to research our two main figureheads Yesus The Christos and HIM, they would see that neither were/are sexist...it is the Church that has insisted upon sexism...
His Majesty was very concerned in the education of women, and this is primary in overcoming poverty and downpression and had His Empress crowned on the same day, breaking tradition of previous Emperors
Yesus (Jesus) was closest to Mary Magdelene that any other disciples and spoke of transcending gender to true spiritual being
so both racism and sexist must be transcended for real progress to be made......
Blessings and Guidance in your outreach
Jahlove
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.