Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Language  (Read 1308 times)

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Language
« on: July 21, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »

I always wondered about the reason for saying things like apprecilove instead of appreciate. I think it's something to do with trying to remove negativity from within ones mind and language but I'm not sure. Anyone can reason a bit on that and give some input?

natty threads

• Senior User
Re: Language
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:56:51 PM »

Hello Oskar-

This is actually what has drawn me back to Rasta- the apprecilovation (*S*) for the power of The Word.

I have known for a long time that if you tell someone "Don't do that" what gets processed is "Do that." This is part of why so many parents have problems instilling good behavior in their children. They need to tell the children what to do, not what not to do.

It's just like if you say "Don't look there!" Whoever hears will immediately look, yes?
So in overstanding you are gaining on the idea- it is raising you.
In understanding, you fall beneath it, seen?

Also, "Soon come."
It is a future greeting calling friendship ahead of yourself and the person.
"Good-bye" is permanent and temporal.
Overall, it develops an atmosphere that helps people to transcend their daily lives.

It's especially in the "I and I."
I love this.
It makes us remember that we are always walking in the presence of Yah.

I, too, am interested in reasoning on this.

Bless up.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:40:11 AM »

I have known for a long time that if you tell someone "Don't do that" what gets processed is "Do that." This is part of why so many parents have problems instilling good behavior in their children. They need to tell the children what to do, not what not to do.

Yes, there might be something to that. Yet on the other hand I think there is no obscurity as to the meaning of Gods commandment 'you shall not kill', 'you shall not steal' etc.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 12:22:29 AM »

That made me laugh.

No, no obscurity.

But we tell our children- Share. Be nice. Be gentle. Would you like that? Is it yours?

I read a book a few years ago- it was a novel about a huge earthquake and the mini-societies that developed in the aftermath. All I remember from it is that one preacher-man started a compound and in it everyone said "Heaven-O" instead of "Hello."

Sometimes I do that.
It's fun.

Bless up.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 02:36:06 AM »

Yes I

give thanks natty

more love

surfmon_I

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »

Blessings Idren,
  Oskar, it is easy nuff to sight the reason we play on words, it is to place our minds in a positive frame, to show  duality of the cutting edge of the language we have been taught and that is Iver growing and changing.
  One of the things we see is the use of language to confuse and divide.  Recently, in these summer months where time is spent out of doors in the garden and nature, Seperation has been the word of focus.  Seperation which has never been more obvious;  us and them.  It is not "me" and "you", for we are ONE.  Rather it is our many similar flavors of locality and commonality mix up in this world we live in right now with the world faced with standing up for each other versus standing alone for  one side.
  There is this palpable "soup" we ALL live in and we are all joined to oneanother so it make sense to see the positive and above all else place JAH on our minds.  For in this time we have a choice, such as the words we choose, in the language we speak, to reach out and touch others minds, and in turn they shall touch ours.
  Guidance forIva.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.