Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: The Real Bible  (Read 20426 times)

Human

• Veteran User
The Real Bible
« on: July 23, 2008, 12:06:45 PM »

The real Bible is not the work of inspired men, or prophets, or apostles, or evangelists, or of Christs.

Every man who finds a fact, adds, as it were, a word to this great book. It is not attested by prophecy, by miracles, or signs. It makes no appeal to faith, to ignorance, to credulity or fear. It has no punishment for unbelief, and no reward for hypocrisy. It appeals to man in the name of demonstration. It has nothing to conceal. It has no fear of being read, of being contradicted, of being investigated and understood. It does not pretend to be holy, or sacred; it simply claims to be true. It challenges the scrutiny of all, and implores every reader to verify every line for himself. It is incapable of being blasphemed. This book appeals to all the surroundings of man. Each thing that exists testifies to its perfection. The earth, with its heart of fire and crowns of snow; with its forests and plains, its rocks and seas; with its every wave and cloud; with its every leaf and bud and flower, confirms its every word, and the solemn stars, shining in the infinite abysses, are the eternal witnesses of its truth.

For thousands of years men have been writing the real Bible, and it is being written from day to day, and it will never be finished while man has life. All the facts that we know, all the truly recorded events, all the discoveries and inventions, all the wonderful machines whose wheels and levers seem to think, all the poems, crystals from the brain, flowers from the heart, all the songs of love and joy, of smiles and tears, the great dramas of Imagination's world, the wondrous paintings, miracles of form and color, of light and shade, the marvelous marbles that seem to live and breathe, the secrets told by rock and star, by dust and flower, by rain and snow, by frost and flame, by winding stream and desert sand, by mountain range and billowed sea.

All the wisdom that lengthens and ennobles life -- all that avoids or cures disease, or conquers pain -- all just and perfect laws and rules that guide and shape our lives, all thoughts that feed the flames of love, the music that transfigures, enraptures and enthralls, the victories of heart and brain, the miracles that hands have wrought, the deft and cunning hands of those who worked for wife and child, the histories of noble deeds, of brave and useful men, of faithful loving wives, of quenchless mother-love, of conflicts for the right, of sufferings for the truth, of all the best that all the men and women of the world have said and thought and done through all the years.

THESE TREASURES OF THE HEART AND BRAIN -- THESE ARE THE SACRED SCRIPTURES OF THE HUMAN RACE.

ROBERT G. INGERSOLL

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
Re: The Real Bible
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 02:08:30 PM »

Why in the first sentence assert what "The real bible" is "NOT" ? Or even imply a "fake bible"?
Because in what seems to them all that wonder, that to the creator and sustainer of it all it is a fingernail is too terrifying a reality to cope with. Why would one knowing the Bible believing nature of the declared purposes of this website constantly lash out against it in displays of immature and satanistic propaganda?
Because it is by our believe alone that such disincarnate's remain eternally tormented in their fruitless rebellion towards "the real truth".

Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 02:59:33 PM »

Jesus is the Ible.
He is the Living Word of God, the fulfillment of the Law, the Torah personified.

I agree that in most cases when people "interpret" they are adding to.

May hot coals be heaped upon their heads.

That is actually a good thing- it refers to sharing fire- which was (and some places still is) carried in headdresses.

Bless up, and may you never lack hot coals on your head.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 03:48:56 PM »

For those who read into this as negative or hateful let me clear something up which to most is already clear about what is being said. This is a short message from one of the worlds great writers of the past named ROBERT G. INGERSOLL who happened to name this writing "The Real Bible", not to discredit the original or blaspheme it or anything of the sort, this is simply explaining in wise words the beauty of humanity and it's innate moral ways, "For thousands of years men have been writing the real Bible, and it is being written from day to day, and it will never be finished while man has life", the way humanity has been writing this moral, ethical and righteous book is throught "All the wisdom that lengthens and ennobles life -- all that avoids or cures disease, or conquers pain -- all just and perfect laws and rules that guide and shape our lives, all thoughts that feed the flames of love, the music that transfigures, enraptures and enthralls, the victories of heart and brain, the miracles that hands have wrought, the deft and cunning hands of those who worked for wife and child, the histories of noble deeds, of brave and useful men, of faithful loving wives, of quenchless mother-love, of conflicts for the right, of sufferings for the truth, of all the best that all the men and women of the world have said and thought and done through all the years.

This is a testament to the beauty and forward movement of humanity in its moral and ethical life on earth, if you cant see what the writer is trying to say then you have read it with a closed mind and maybe stuff like this is over your head. That would be a shame on this forum because it relates to almost every uplifting speech his majesty ever wrote about his people and the peoples of the world and there greatness worthy of praise. Pull out your books with Selassies speeches and you will see the same thing. This was not meant as a poke at anyone or anything but was meant to show and applaude the human spirit.

He was not saying that the Bible "as we know it" was not actually written by prophets, apostles and such because it WAS, he's saying the real inner book (bible or Gods testament) is happening everyday in life, just look around, most of you are writing it as you read this, it is being written each time we love, share, shelter, protect, when we defend righteousness, stand up for the oppressed, etc, etc.....as Rastafarians you should see the underlining message quite clearly, if not and you think this is satanic in some way then you dont know God very well.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 03:59:26 PM by Human »

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 04:42:45 PM »

"It" is "happening" IN BOTH life and in the revealed scriptures. So to say "it" is "NOT"(as he does!) "happening" anywhere, along with the insensitivity in posting it here is yes, Satanic!. Especially when the prejudice is directed at the Hebrew tradition.  There is nothing more or less "real" about the bible than life. But pagans are so averse to this fact they slander the bible and its people as exclusive to life itself for vexation. This is a celebration of life?

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 04:55:08 PM »

It is the same as saying "The real Jesus is not the carpenters son or the preacher in the temple or son of god but the message of love and kindness to all humanity" this is metaphoricaly speaking, just what many here do all the time, but when I post something similiar, because ones dont agree all the time personally with me then it must be a poke or negative saying, thats all it is, you dont like me so you complain about the writing which says nothing but good for you and me, nice i understand how ones are.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »

Why boast of thyself o heathen men?
Anyone who speaks of "Jesus" as if a mere "message" that is separable from "reality" is equally as CONfused. The point is that it is not just an innocent confusion but, though perhaps unconscious, aggression towards creation and creator itself. An I with your level of comprehension most assuredly does not understand why such proclamations as you've posted are not "good for me", the point is more that you don't care and are likely glad.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 06:30:21 PM »

The post remains, deal with it the way you like, it's there now for others to see and no words thrown at me hurt the slightest.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 06:35:27 PM »

Remains nonsense no doubt.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »

Thanks for your "opinion".

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »

"For thousands of years men have been writing the real Bible, and it is being written from day to day, and it will never be finished while man has life."

Human, this is exactly what Jesus said.

"Love one another as I have loved you. This is the Law and the Prophets."

The Law and the Prophets is the Mosaic books and the prophets in what we call the OT.

Isn't Jesus saying us loving one another the real Ible?

Bless up!

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »

Oh my pleasure duppy.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 09:13:45 PM »

Isn't Jesus saying us loving one another the real Ible?

yes i would agree, along with the kingdom of god is within you.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 09:15:12 PM »

Knowing the script is one thing....

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 10:53:01 PM »

Ahhhhhggggghhhhhhh..........

As big as the logs in our eyes are, how do we ever get close enough to kiss our loved ones?

Bless up!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.