Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: how do blacks manage to speak so well? (phonetics & ebonics)  (Read 1543 times)

reddvinylene

how do blacks manage to speak so well? do they know something white people don't?

maybe they got some superior philosophy for finding the flow? for killing stress? for boosting testosterone / serotonin? or to just sound cooler? i read somewhere that word and sound is power. 

i'm half black and half white.    sometimes i own my surroundings like a black man, but sometimes i freeze up like a white man.    my throat tightens and i sound ridiculous.    my vision gets blurry.    a veil of bad feelings prevent me from thinking straight, and doing what i do when i feel good.    how do i get rid of this, and return to my african roots? how did bob marley, being different from everybody else, get to become so mentally strong?

also, are there any philosophies for better enjoying and controlling oneself when smoking marijuana / hashish?

thank you all so much!! bless!!

natty threads

• Senior User
Re: how do blacks manage to speak so well? (phonetics & ebonics)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »

I sense you are serious but I don't exactly understand what you are asking???

Bless up.

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 05:37:03 PM »

well I'm white n every one says I'm the smoothest dude.
just remember a problem is only as big as you make it to be. every thing is all in the head. if you don't stress it it wont be a problem. haha remember always play the mack, you got brotha
bless
ke

"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:52:04 PM »

I sense you are serious but I don't exactly understand what you are asking???

Bless up.

My posts on this thread are getting lost somewhere, so if this is a rtepeat, please be patient with me.

how do blacks manage to speak so well? do they know something white people don't?

i'm half black and half white.    sometimes i own my surroundings like a black man, but sometimes i freeze up like a white man.    my throat tightens and i sound ridiculous.    my vision gets blurry.    a veil of bad feelings prevent me from thinking straight, and doing what i do when i feel good.    how do i get rid of this, and return to my african roots?

Do you think that black people don't get stage fright and white people do?
That bad feelings are a "white" thing and thinking straight requires African roots?

how did bob marley, being different from everybody else, get to become so mentally strong?

How was Bob Marley different from everyone else?
I would guess he got to be mentally strong by turning his life over to Jah and not worrying about which part of himself was black and which white. ;)

also, are there any philosophies for better enjoying and controlling oneself when smoking marijuana / hashish?

thank you all so much!! bless!!

Realize that you have no control, that Jah rules all.
Turn yourself over to God.

well I'm white n every one says I'm the smoothest dude.

Oh ke, really. :)

Bless up!

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 08:50:24 PM »

yea i had the same problem my posts kept on getting lost
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 09:24:01 PM »

Amazing, I could have sworn ke was black! Now I must say that Nick's "rastafari" board has NO black regular users. That to me, more than speaking prowess, is the real "question". LOL
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

Pinoy Jex

• yes?
  • Normal User
  • Tayo'y magsama-sama, tayo'y magkaisa
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 12:39:47 PM »

more details please. I don't completely your point but I think I got and Idea of what you're trying to prove but not sure.

Is it like when you're around people and you get lively up and  sometimes  when with others you get all awkward or uncomfortable..
is that what you mean?

Hello "I'm Jex"

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.