Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: What RASTA think of ISLAM  (Read 16228 times)

Ras I

• Full User
  • At Least, I Am; At Most, I Am.
    • MySpace
Re: What RASTA think of ISLAM
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 05:52:40 AM »

I believe you intended radical, as opposed to fundamental.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 11:26:37 AM »

The problem is not radical or fundamental Islam, nor is the problem Right wing christianity or zionism, the problem is what the books say consistently. They teach murder, kill for the law and genocide of certain beliefs and people. It is like the plagues of europe and the rats, the people after thousands had died and the plague seemed to go away said, the problem was hygiene, the problem was the food etc, etc, but the problem was internal in the rats which went below in the sewers, waiting for another day when they will rise up and cause death again. The problem had not gone away, it only hibernated for a while. This is the same with the bible and the koran, the books themselves say the things others use to justify war and murder, no matter how you wish to interpret the writings you cant change what it actually says and unfortunately there always will be some who revert back to the actual writings and kill in there name. The stories found within these books say it is ok to kill because God is saying so, just look at the Laws within, people will take them seriously because that is what they say and they will kill because of it. All monotheistic religions have there people who do this, not just Islam. If you are smart enough to realize these stories are not meant to be taken literally or that they are Esoteric in there real understanding or that they are simply useless stories which do a terrible job in explaining anything then you wont kill in the name of, if you are convinced this is the real Word of God and are told over and over by your priest, mullah or whoever that these stories are real and everything in them is acceptable to do you will eventually be tempted to do as they say, or believe it is ok for others to die because God says so. This is the sad truth, people say well they take it to seriously or that is the right wing way or radical side of our religion, No, that is what the books teach...period, just because your smart enough to realize it's wrong doesnt mean that is not what the stories teach. People need to use there mind and realize that the stories are moraly and ethicaly wrong and that it is not actually Gods writing nor inspiration and that there are far better books to reveal to all the unity and closeness of humanity. What gives you a deeper sensation of our divinity to God, a story of a burning bush or looking through the hubble telescope? The bible and koran do have some moral teachings and stories of upliftment, but the majority of the books teach and preach murder in the name of, kill non-believers, kill family members who dont accept, kill your neighbor because they dont follow the same laws, if you say no they dont, i dare you to pick up the book and start reading instead of pretending to know what it says.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »

So "the problem" is "books"? :D Seems like a book in itself can't cause a problem. Meaning it is the extremist and fundamentalist views their imbued with by the people who read them. I personal can read the scriptures of all Religions and see the thread of G-d running through them all. There may be instances of what seems like violence but their message on a whole is Truth, Righteousness, and Respect. I do not believe that the people who advocate religion itself as the problem truly do not see this either but in fact, "the problem" is that they do and are against the values religions advocate and are themselves the "root cause" to the wars that on the surface seem to be predicated on traditional religion. Zionism by the way is not a religion.

Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »

But that is the point of Jesus, Human.
That the Laws are meant to help us LOVE one another, that the violence and killing are NOT justified.

Sure David was a warrior and God loved David, but God also told David he could never be close to Him because he was a man of war. Because people mangle the spirit of the Law doesn't make the Law itself a promoter of violence.

I'm working on a thesis in the back of my head...

There are examples in the Bible but the one I remember best is in Josephus.

When Al the Great was on his big tear ready to go into Asia, he had a dream that he should leave NOW. So he did.

The people in Jerusalem were appropriately terrified, but their high priest had a dream.

In keeping with it, when Big Bad Al rode into town accompanied by his cast of thousands the people of Jerusalem came out and met him dancing and singing wearing their finest.

He rode up, dismounted, and bowed before the high priest.

His cast of thousands was horrified.

Al said "It is not to the man I bow but to the God he serves."

He was then brought into the temple, don't remember if he sacrificed, and was shown the prophesies concerning him, particularly those of Daniel.

He gave Jerusalem many privileges that he gave no other cities.

I think the Bible explains a lot very well.
The problem is that there is a lot of meaning carried outside of the words themselves.
There is more to reading formulaic literature than translating and going along linearly.
The conventions add dimensions that are almost always lost to the modern reader.

Bless up!

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 03:10:25 PM »

To the wimp who calls women Bitches, or as you put it so nicely Nazi Bitch, since your not a smart nor courageous person i will explain again clearly what I said, try to follow along little boy. "Books" are not the problem as you so stupidly put it, writings in a book claiming to be the word of God and pushed upon the people for centuries as the book of morality and laws to live and govern by is the problem, take in to effect not being able to question for eons the writings in the book or it's authorship you will have a large mass of people who see this as the real Word of God, so when the suicide bomber kills in the name of allah or the christian right wing kills an abortionist doctor, they are acting foolishly on what the bible or koran teaches or promoted for the believer based upon the writings, it does not matter how you see things in the book because each will take it differently, but, the stories clearly exhibit this behavior as acceptable to god. The stories do not say at the end of them, "this is not to be taken literally" or "this is saying something other than what it looks like" or "please dont actually follow these examples", quite the opposite, so not all the blame should be put upon the person but should be looked at the root of the problem and that is books proclaimed to be the word of god and pushed upon the people for centuries.

"  I personal can read the scriptures of all Religions and see the thread of G-d running through them all."

Bullshit, if you were capable of doing this then you wouldn't slander them as pagan or heathen or all the stupid names you call out and also name the people who actually can see this as Nazi, pagan, commoners and such, your a hypocrite and a wimp and everything you say from now on is meaningless because the real colors have been shown and no one here takes your shit seriously no matter how hard you try. You flip flop all day long to suit your self, one minute things dont work for you and your belief and the next they do to point the finger at someone, your a confused angry fanatical wimp ass loser with a big fat head on his shoulder who one day someone is going to knock it off....assuming that is you will one day be brave enough to say the things you say in public, but knowing your type you dont have the BALLS.

To Natty, Josephus is not part of the bible and Jesus agreed with the laws of Moses and I think it best you go back and read the laws and then tell me if all the sacrifices and rights to kill if laws are not followed help us love one another, mankind can love one another just fine without the laws of moses or laws inspired by the God he bowed to, nations and tribes were doing fine for thousands of years before the bible was brought into existence and in all cases a much better job. By the way Josephus sold his people out for money, lifestyle and other simple pleasures, I dont listen to people like that.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2008, 04:16:12 PM »

Oh, I get it. Its not the "book" its the "writing in the book". :)
Silly me, I had thought this was open to the public.
And that "pushed on" feeling people get from Religion, Is called "The Judgment of Almighty G-d".
Good to hear your feeling it ;). Only fools holds out their audience like a rabbit in a dog race.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 04:22:32 PM by I ELIJAH I »

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 05:25:37 PM »

Your a wimp and so is your God, I fear no wimp God, i look for no seat in heaven nor fear a hell. Freeing humanity from superstition and false claims and immoral dogma is my reward. My God created man, man created your God.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 05:54:44 PM »

I thought this topic was "RASTA" opinion of Islam, Not Hater vexation bashment.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 06:28:15 PM »

I thought this topic was "RASTA" opinion of Islam, Not Hater vexation bashment.

That's why you failed to address this?

when the suicide bomber kills in the name of allah or the christian right wing kills an abortionist doctor, they are acting foolishly on what the bible or koran teaches or promoted for the believer based upon the writings

Ras I

• Full User
    • MySpace
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 06:38:39 PM »

Could someone post quotes of scripture that teach that followers must kill, in their full context please? Though Christian and Islamic are most applicable, any such religious text brought would be appreciated.

Thanks

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 06:43:25 PM »

That's why you failed to address this?

Yes. Most properly a discussion of Islam does not include what it is not.
Posted on: August 04, 2008, 07:42:10 pm
in their full context please?

How dare you Ras, that might require thought.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 06:49:09 PM »

Could someone post quotes of scripture that teach that followers must kill

I clearly said that they teach killing is acceptable when ones transgress the laws, look it up yourself, if your still not wanting to then i will post happily later tonight."the stories clearly exhibit this behavior as acceptable to god" stoning because of not following the sabbath, start there.

Try your best not to change the wording of someone else, it tells ones your not reading correctly, no one said "must kill".

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 06:53:44 PM »

Good Luck getting the heathen to grasp the full context of the scripture anyway.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »

Most properly a discussion of [...] does not include what it is not.

That's why God say "You shall NOT kill"?

Ras I

• Full User
    • MySpace
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 07:07:38 PM »

I clearly said that they teach killing is acceptable when ones transgress the laws, look it up yourself...

I didn't mean it as a response to your post specifically, and was not implying what you meant. I will look, and it would be appreciated if you would post as well.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:14:12 PM by Ras I »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.