Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: What RASTA think of ISLAM  (Read 16231 times)

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
Re: What RASTA think of ISLAM
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 07:30:58 PM »

That's why God say "You shall NOT kill"?

Yes, Religion is that G-d says this. Not that it isn't killing.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:38:20 PM by I ELIJAH I »
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 08:06:10 PM »

You are right, Human.
It is very hard to read around the OT laws.

All I can say is that when I prayed on this very very hard and searchingly I "was told" to consider who was doing the writing and consider from there, that God does not support us doing violence to one another.

One certainly cannot leave out dribs and drabs or remove anything from context, and even in context things come out brutally.

Josephus is not scripture, but the event with Al the Great certainly should be.

Just read The Song of Roland.

Treacherous, the whole lot.
We haven't changed.
The dispute hasn't changed.
No-one is behaving any better or any worse than 1200 years ago when Charlemagne fought the Emir of Spain, called "the admiral" in this translation, and it was a thousands-year-old war then.

We're still fighting over whose pile of rocks is the "real God," but it started well before Islam.

CCLX

Says the admiral: "Nay, Charles, think, I beg,
  And counsel take that t'wards me thou repent!
  Thou'st slain my son, I know that very well;
  Most wrongfully my land thou challengest;
  Become my man, a fief from me thou'lt get;
  Come, serving me, from here to the Orient!"
  Charle answers him: "That were most vile offence;
  No peace nor love may I to pagan lend.
  Receive the Law that God to us presents,
  Christianity, and then I'll love thee well;
  Serve and believe the King Omnipotent!"
  Says Baligant: "Evil sermon thou saist."
  They go to strike with th'swords, are on their belts.

Bless up!

Posted on: August 04, 2008, 08:51:59 pm
Could someone post quotes of scripture that teach that followers must kill

Leviticus
Chapter 20

The LORD said to Moses,
"Tell the Israelites: Anyone, whether an Israelite or an alien residing in Israel, who gives any of his offspring to Molech shall be put to death. Let his fellow citizens stone him.
I myself will turn against such a man and cut him off from the body of his people; for in giving his offspring to Molech, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name.
Even if his fellow citizens connive at such a man's crime of giving his offspring to Molech, and fail to put him to death,
I myself will set my face against that man and his family and will cut off from their people both him and all who join him in his wanton worship of Molech.

If a man disgraces his father by lying with his father's wife, both the man and his stepmother shall be put to death; they have forfeited their lives.
If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; since they have committed an abhorrent deed, they have forfeited their lives.
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.
If a man marries a woman and her mother also, the man and the two women as well shall be burned to death for their shameful conduct, so that such shamefulness may not be found among you.
If a man has carnal relations with an animal, the man shall be put to death, and the animal shall be slain.
If a woman goes up to any animal to mate with it, the woman and the animal shall be slain; let them both be put to death; their lives are forfeit.

27 "A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortune-teller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death."

But then we have the interesting:

If a man disgraces his uncle by having intercourse with his uncle's wife, the man and his aunt shall pay the penalty by dying childless.
If a man marries his brother's wife and thus disgraces his brother, they shall be childless because of this incest.

I don't know.
All I know is what I was "told" about this.
I don't read Hebrew.

It is a very formulaic section.

Personally, I'm all for killing people who practice infanticide, even if it is a sacrifice.
There's my cold black heart.

Bless up!

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 10:07:36 PM »

It is very hard to read around the OT laws.

Only possible things are difficult.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 10:58:28 PM »

Then get your rocks out and get busy, Elijah I.
Quit wasting your time name-calling in cyber-space and start cleaning up the real world.

Personally, my house is glass.
I dare not throw.

I will stick with what God told me directly about how to read these scriptures.

Since God is telling you something different, put your eternal soul where your mouth is and follow through.

You can start here.
I'll even PM my address to you.

But I don't have enough Jesus to stand still and take it and I am in Alaska.
You have to decide how much of a martyr you want to be.

In any case, I'm doing what God has told me to do.
You, apparently, aren't.

Get busy eternal high priest of the One True God.
Start obeying the scriptures.

Bless up.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:00:28 PM by natty threads »

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 12:02:20 AM »

I didn't mean it as a response to your post specifically, and was not implying what you meant. I will look, and it would be appreciated if you would post as well.  I apologize then for sounding abrupt, here are just a few to start. Thank you Natty as well.

Leviticus 20:9
Leviticus 20:10
Leviticus 20:11
Leviticus 20:15-16
Leviticus 20:27
Leviticus 21:9
Leviticus 24:14-16
Deuteronomy 13:6-10
Deuteronomy 13:5
Deuteronomy 13:12-15
Deuteronomy 17:2-7

This dribble is clearly not the voice of God. It is writings such as this that unlearned and unbalanced people clearly see as the word of God and do actually commit such atrocities. Now ones may say this or that meaning it's not to be meant literally and all but the writings say what they say and believers cant add or take away from the "Word", so this is acceptable to some people and actually done. Yes some like us here are stable enough to realize this is immoral and some may not be, the point is the words have been written and used by some to kill unfortunately.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 12:30:36 AM »

That's why Yeshua said "MOSES allowed you...because of the hardness of your hearts."

It was written in STONE "Thou shall not kill."
Ten commandments, written by God in stone.

The rest is Moses.

Sorry.

That's what Jesus said.
And I'll thank God for Jesus if Elijah I does show up with those rocks he says I deserve.
Unpatriotic rotten doctor commie rat is the epithet I'd use, to crib Dylan, but Nazi duppy Jesus flower patch works too. :)

I'm sure Moses' intention was that people would take this seriously, follow the rules, and no-one would actually need to be killed.

Hmph. THAT didn't work out so well, did it?

Bless up. 

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 01:30:06 AM »

Do you think because of duppy confusion Jesus having to instruct that the scriptures are Iritually Icerned all of a sudden made it so? Trust that the stones are cast flower patch.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2008, 01:37:36 AM »

Oh, so when Leviticus says to stone someone it really just means to threaten over the WWW?

Is that how you read Torah?
"Apply when convenient."

God tells me to love you so I do.
God tells you to stone me so you call me names.

And I'm the duppy?

Bless up.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2008, 01:49:54 AM »

Threaten you? Excuse me, Where have I threatened?

Oh yes yes duppy, you "figured me out" g-d tells me to call people names....

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2008, 02:47:57 AM »

Yes, Religion is that G-d says this. Not that it isn't killing.

So who is doing the killing even though God say not to?
Posted on: August 05, 2008, 03:43:37 am
The dispute hasn't changed.
No-one is behaving any better or any worse than 1200 years ago when Charlemagne fought the Emir of Spain, called "the admiral" in this translation, and it was a thousands-year-old war then.

We're still fighting over whose pile of rocks is the "real God," but it started well before Islam.

This is so true and the dispute is so silly.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2008, 02:48:14 AM »

I believe that radical Christians and radical Muslims were both mentioned.

It's always someone.
Makes me wonder...

Bless up.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2008, 03:26:06 AM »

So who is doing the killing even though God say not to?

G-d.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2008, 08:31:56 AM »

People are not on autopilot. God say "don't kill" and what people do to see who is the best follower of God is turn it into a contest who can be the most wicked killer. This is what I think is silly.

I'm sorry, not really on topic, more of a rant against the abuse of religion in general.

Ras I

• Full User
  • At Least, I Am; At Most, I Am.
    • MySpace
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2008, 08:55:59 AM »

Thank you for posting these scriptures natty and Human.

This dribble is clearly not the voice of God.

I agree with this quote. I do not assume will over other's beliefs, and will not judge where your faith lies. If you sight Jah as Perfect then to believe these are the words for him(let alone of) must be to believe him insane. But in that order, how is such a belief possible? I believe that, Human, your reasoning is backwards in concern to the 'reaction' of scriptures, if you do believe them not to be the word for Jah. Writings cannot result any action that is not accepted by the observer. Indeed these scriptures are reflections of people, not the other way around. An effect of insane belief, not the cause. I do not mean insane according to my beliefs, but to the fact that they contradict themselves and yet claim to be Whole. And they must be contradiction, for Jah Is. What could I mean, then, by saying I will not judge where your faith lies? If contradiction is not of Jah, and Jah is, of what concern is it? Bringing Light to darkness does not make attack or resistance, it simply shows that there is only Light.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2008, 11:01:26 AM »

The original post was "What Rasta think of Islam" and some mentioned that they dont like the radical side of it, my point was all sides have there radicals who believe. There belief comes from the written scriptures and they get there radical side by believing literaly the words written. Some are smart enough to realize this is innapropriate and immoral to kill because of what the word says, others are not so smart and actually take the word seriously and act upon it, this has been proven over and over throuought history and the present. The word DOES NOT give them the right to kill in my opinion, quite the opposite, but, they feel the word DOES give them the right and there in lies the problem. You cant change this because the word is already written as it is and people will take it for what it is to themselves.

"An effect of insane belief, not the cause" not the cause in relation to say chemical imbalance or other such known mental disorders but very much the cause when it is driven from birth into people as the infallible word of God and under condition of death or being an outcast it is hammered into people can easily become the CAUSE as well. Maybe a better word is EXCUSE for the behavior.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.