Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: What RASTA think of ISLAM  (Read 16229 times)

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
Re: What RASTA think of ISLAM
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »

Scriptures being "driven into people" as the literal word of g-d against literal spiritual overstanding is the cause and effect of insanity because it is disobedience to g-d. The texts have proven their utility time and again. While people taking an extremist view in their misunderstandings, like the one which asserts the words themselves and not how their used to be the problem have been the cause of untold suffering. There is a line of actions and beliefs so removed from the essence of any religion that when crossed one is no longer considered as belonging to the religion in question no matter what claim is made to its scriptures, interpretation must be held to the light of g-d's truth. So again this discussion does not truly reflect on Islam(not only aren't they Rasta's lol).  And what you see as contradiction in the scriptures is just ignorance of g-d. Who, Rastafari know, has personally Istablished such in truth.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2008, 03:32:30 PM »

"Scriptures being "driven into people" as the literal word of g-d against literal spiritual overstanding is the cause and effect of insanity because it is disobedience to g-d." 

Explain what exactly is disobedience to God, people not understanding what it is there reading?

"The texts have proven their utility time and again."

Yes they have, just look at the millions killed in the name of, look at the conquests, the wars, the inquisitions, the genocides etc, etc, your right on that one. If the texts preach and teach such great moral ideas, why is the world the way it is now, why have these great moral teachings not brought about a better society, a grander worldly unity, a common understanding of all humanity...no these teachings have done the opposite in almost all cases, this is fact not guessing. The reason is because for centuries the religious powers had complete control over people all the way up to the middle of the 18th century, during and up till that time was known as the dark ages for good reason and only now is humanity slowly climbing out of it's superstitious nightmare from dogma, now is when people have been able to buy bibles and other such writings that for centuries was offlimits under penalty of death and they finally can read for themselves and make rational decisions based on what they say and there saying "are you kidding me, this is divine, this is Gods laws, I dare say no, it is not" and they are looking for answers that they feel they deserve as rational reasonable and moral human beings and they find much better and more moral answers to there questions from such things as science, archeology, geology, and other great services. These are based on trial and error and research not hearsay, not thousand year old third person witnesses to events, not no eye witness to events preaching what they were told or anything of the like.

"While people taking an extremist view in their misunderstandings, like the one which asserts the words themselves and not how their used to be the problem have been the cause of untold suffering."

Lol, again your failure to prove any point has pushed you to say something i have not and clearly explained to those with a brain what i said, if your not willing or able to read a complete post before answering it and have to succomb to putting words or changing peoples posts then dont post at all, it shows your weakness considerably and renders your entire post useless.

"interpretation must be held to the light of g-d's truth."  and who determines for the individual the interpretation? not the individual as your saying then who? if something is irrational in nature why would it be rational in gods truth, is not God the creator of Nature? this is were it is to be determined and allowed to be determined by the individual to be "Gods word" or "Mans word".

"So again this discussion does not truly reflect on Islam"  your right again Einstein your discussion does not reflect on Islam, nor much of anything i propose.

"And what you see as contradiction in the scriptures is just ignorance of g-d."  so how are people to overcome this ignorance if there not allowed to use the rational mind God gave them???????? blind faith is an ironic gift to give back to the creator of intelligence is it not?

Elijah you are not good at gaining sympathy from others, but you are good at dressing up superstition as fact, so you do have 1/2 the qualities of the virgin adult priests i would say, which isn't saying much for you im afraid. But keep trying.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 03:41:10 PM by Human »

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2008, 04:04:02 PM »

Explain what exactly is disobedience to God, people not understanding what it is there reading?

Yes.

you to say something i have not...
>>>

the problem is what the books say consistently.
the problem is writings in a book claiming to be the word of God

"interpretation must be held to the light of g-d's truth."  and who determines for the individual the interpretation? not the individual as your saying then who?

Where did I say this?

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2008, 04:57:47 PM »

You did say it "interpretation must be held to the light of g-d's truth". It's in your post.

(Explain what exactly is disobedience to God, people not understanding what it is there reading?

Yes.)

So people when they read the story of Abraham giving up his wife his wife Sarah to strangers, or an angel coming in a dream telling him to murder his son or a law stating to kill your beloved wife because she questions faith should be seen so easily as what? just a sick twisted immoral way of saying he loves his wife by letting others sleep with her, murdering a loved child is a good way of saying you love and believe in God? No if God wanted to write something "Divine" himself then thats what he should have done, did he not write in stone the commandments? why couldnt he have written the entire book filled with "Divine" moral and ethical sayings uplifting to humanity himself, why use fallible, wandering tribes people who time and time again went against him to begin with? This was Gods great plan to teach the world about himself, use a small tribe from the desert region to write a book filled with contradictions then blame the people for not understanding such ridiculous stories, please. If believing such makes you feel better than so be it, just dont try to tell me or any rational thinking person it.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »

G-d does not determine individuals interpretations, only if they are correct.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »

"G-d does not determine individuals interpretations, only if they are correct"

Does your God go by the name of Rupert Murdoch "Fair and Balanced". Its about the same mentality.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2008, 06:50:30 PM »

Timely you bring/divert it up. I was just thinking of what an interesting dynamic it is for someone to insert them self in to a discussion of faith and a faith based tradition and tell ones "not to tell them about it". This to me is a covert tactic of invasion and subversion. And though the people directly responsible may not know it(unwitting pawns), the resulting disruption and subsequent oppression of the Rastafari Movement, Faith, and People through infiltrations and neutralization of their public representation and communication is almost assuredly the mechanisms of such propagandists and manipulative powers as Fox News. Of course negligence on the part of the so called "Rasta" community, must be factored it, though giving the benefit of the doubt this behavior can be seen as a cry for help. Leaving Babylon squarely responsible.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 06:55:20 PM by I ELIJAH I »

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2008, 07:23:58 PM »

Geeee now were have i heard something so familiar....umm...umm.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2008, 08:21:26 PM »

Another "rational mind" perhaps? If l have mischaracterized you try to understand that I honestly can not fathom anyone being be so dumb.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:26:49 PM by I ELIJAH I »

Ras I

• Full User
  • At Least, I Am; At Most, I Am.
    • MySpace
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2008, 08:30:17 PM »

Maybe a better word is EXCUSE for the behavior.

Agreed

I believe a calm assessment of what intellect and rational really are is called for. Though one may be able to recognize insanity, how can it be surprising to find insane thoughts coming forth from it? Continuing observation of something you know to be insane and genuinely trying to find how it could be sane is an insane endeavor indeed. How could we recognize it at all if we have not approached this evaluation through our own insanity? From this we have believed that finding something to be false is the light of truth, but under the light of Truth how could it even be seen if there is only Truth? Because we can recognize this insanity, yet know it to be insane, we must subsequently recognize that we are split in contradiction as well for we believe "this" to be false and "this" to be true when there is only Truth indeed. If we know this, and let go all that we see to be false and think to be true, what would we then be left with completely?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:32:20 PM by Ras I »

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2008, 08:48:24 PM »

???

Now my hair is REALLY falling out!

Bless up.
Love all.
Respect.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2008, 09:22:58 PM »

If we know this, and let go all that we see to be false and think to be true, what would we then be left with completely?

I

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2008, 11:47:43 PM »

"If l have mischaracterized you try to understand that I honestly can not fathom anyone being be so dumb."   A for effort!

"How could we recognize it at all if we have not approached this evaluation through our own insanity?"   sorry disagree with this, doesnt take insanity or a personal level of it to recognize it, i use my innate morals and intuition to guide me, not recognizing the opposite within myself. Thanks for your reply i appreciate the post none the less.

Ras I

• Full User
  • At Least, I Am; At Most, I Am.
    • MySpace
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2008, 12:15:19 AM »

...not recognizing the opposite within myself.

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2008, 12:25:58 AM »

Sorry Ras I i posted that wrong, should have been "the same within myself".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.